Sellers Abusing eBay's Item location misrepresentation policy. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Sellers Abusing eBay's Item location misrepresentation policy.

Lately I noticed that eBay's item location misrepresentation policy is being abused much more than usual by sellers in China and HK. Few years ago it wasn't that bad. Back then, US Sellers would complain about how chinese would undercut US sellers, but there was still the delivery time advantage to allow the US seller to sustain. But now, you'll see them undercut US sellers and claim the item is located in the US states.

Within a month or two, when a new product does well on you can expect 20 sellers from outside of USA selling the same product for a much lower price. They all have similar ebay ids, product images & descriptions, feedback rating, complaints. Their negative feedback shows that buyers either didn't receive the product or it arrives very late.

Anyone else noticing this?(this is actually dumb question since im sure many of you do notice it, but really though...)

..Do you think these sellers should be reported for violating eBay's item location misrepresentation policy?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Sellers Abusing eBay's Item location misrepresentation policy.

I'm sure they do get reported and get defects now in there seller dashboard for low DSRs and negative feedback
Old 06-13-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%

Again, as I have mentioned over and over, mind your own business and focus on yourself.

They'll get theirs without you having to do anything
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (06-16-2014)
Old 06-16-2014

Activity: 32%
Longevity: 83%

Lol,obviously you outdated and have no idea how this working.

What you think about ebay's new international forwarding serivice?If you don't offer international shipping but you want to sell internationally,You can offer this serivice on ebay.

This service is a double cross,now many forwarding warehouses in USA offer internationa-in forwarding service.Chinese sellers can bulk export their "well packed" product to these warehouses before they sell them. Once item sold you instruct them to ship with USPS/UPS lables and pay them shipping+service fee. by this way, whats the problem when you listed your item in USA?Its true.

so get it real buddy,economic getting more open wise internaitonally,you have to accept this.Improve your service, US local sellers still have a lot advantages.
The Following User Says Thank You to 997turbo For This Useful Post:
Omgoozle (06-18-2014)
Old 06-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Sellers misrepresenting their location on EB is nothing new, and I have noticed an increase in these sellers. However, they should not be a threat considering that neg FB from slow delivery will hinder their sales. As a seller that also buys, the sellers' FB is a huge deal to me, as I am sure it is to other buyers as well.

As far as the Global Shipping Program goes.....
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Again, as I have mentioned over and over, mind your own business and focus on yourself.

They'll get theirs without you having to do anything
As a whole, its been going on for over a decade now and they are still around.
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997turbo View Post
Lol,obviously you outdated and have no idea how this working.

What you think about ebay's new international forwarding serivice?If you don't offer international shipping but you want to sell internationally,You can offer this serivice on ebay.
I think its not good for stealth accounts. Over 40 eb accounts with the same physical (return) address on my labels. Not looking too good if I decide to use this service. Yeah I can random generate addresses, but I'd like to get returns back.

Quote:
This service is a double cross,now many forwarding warehouses in USA offer internationa-in forwarding service.Chinese sellers can bulk export their "well packed" product to these warehouses before they sell them. Once item sold you instruct them to ship with USPS/UPS lables and pay them shipping+service fee. by this way, whats the problem when you listed your item in USA?Its true.
I think I understand what you are trying to say. If the China sellers are exporting to USA warehouse then having these warehouse ship out for a service fee, shouldn't I have an price advantage over these china sellers then? They are basically doing what other big US sellers and I do except they pay a service fee and I don't pay a service fee.

And on top of this, how are they able to undercut other big sellers and me by $3-$5 per sale and pay this service fee? I find it hard to believe that what you say is exactly what these china sellers on ebay are exactly doing. Bulk shipping and presorting packages wont save you $3-$5 per package. Please enlighten me how its really possible.

And on top of that, I ship thousands of packages using usps and ups to ship packages in the US and I don't get those kinds of negative feedbacks that i see on these China seller accounts. bjammin would probably vouch for me about the negative feedbacks.

Quote:
so get it real buddy,economic getting more open wise internationally,you have to accept this.Improve your service, US local sellers still have a lot advantages.
Oh believe me, I'm keeping it real 100% and adapting to these situations without having to hit the report a listing button. Although hitting the button would expedite the process.
Old 06-18-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I had to laugh when I read this.

I purchased an item that showed location in California on ebay.

I won the item for 103.00 plus shipping.

I asked that the item be double boxed, peanuts, bubble wrap and make sure insurance is on the box.

Item I can re sell on ebay for 350-400.

I get the item and it came from Atlanta, Ga. They charged me for crazy shipping from California but yet they are located or the item was in Atlanta as I followed the tracking.

When I asked about this, they said they were selling it for a family member. So I asked then you owe me shipping refund cost. They said no, I agreed to pay the double boxing etc from California.

Amazing how many people do this and people do not catch it.
Old 06-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Hate when sellers overchagre for shipping - the misrepresentation of location is not such a big deal IF 1) in same country and 2) good quality is assured
Old 06-18-2014

Longevity: 78%

@OP -

You should listen to 997turbo, he knows what he's talking about. The reason you don't have a price advantage over the sellers who import in bulk and use a shipping service to handle it is because you personally do not have the ability to import several containers worth of items at a time and get them processed in bulk. Manytimes the companies doing this are the chinese factoryowners themselves looking to make extra money.

The reason you don't think it's possible is because you don't know China.

Also - The China Post/USPS epacket ridiculousness is slaughtering any US seller for small, lightweight items. because of this program (link to description below, i couldn't find the official memo from USPS about it but I've seen it and it exists) Chinese sellers can ship to the USA with tracking for cheaper than I can ship to the next state. Cheapest possible option with Chinese USPS ePacket is about $.85 with tracking. Cheapest possible option for USPS 1st Class with tracking is $1.93.

USPS ePacket
Old 06-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
@OP -

You should listen to 997turbo, he knows what he's talking about. The reason you don't have a price advantage over the sellers who import in bulk and use a shipping service to handle it is because you personally do not have the ability to import several containers worth of items at a time and get them processed in bulk. Manytimes the companies doing this are the chinese factoryowners themselves looking to make extra money.
Am I not listening? Even though his answer is off topic, I asked for him to fill me in didn't I? Thats why I said other ebay sellers and I. I'm aware of china factory owners importing containers. I have purchase partners I team up with to make purchases in volume from China. And yes we do move containers. I didn't know you knew me like that to say I don't have the ability to import containers.

And besides these types of sellers are not the ones im referring to. Its those sellers who are getting negative feedback from buyers who complain about long shipping and packages never arriving.

Quote:
The reason you don't think it's possible is because you don't know China.
I'm just shocked by the amount of information you have on me that is incorrect. Kind of reminds me of an eBay rep calls me mr. x at the beginning of the call, then pulls my public record and then assumes im a female based on the public record questions.

Quote:
Also - The China Post/USPS epacket ridiculousness is slaughtering any US seller for small, lightweight items. because of this program (link to description below, i couldn't find the official memo from USPS about it but I've seen it and it exists) Chinese sellers can ship to the USA with tracking for cheaper than I can ship to the next state. Cheapest possible option with Chinese USPS ePacket is about $.85 with tracking. Cheapest possible option for USPS 1st Class with tracking is $1.93.

USPS ePacket
Now you are getting somewhere and getting back on topic to why I created this post e.g. eBay's Item location misrepresentation policy.

China sellers on ebay.com are using epacket to their advantage which is fine, however, these same sellers are claiming the products are located in the US when its not. They misrepresent the item's location so they can get access to the same buyers as a seller who does store and ship items within the US.

Its NOT the china factory owners who import to the US and ship from the US that is causing the problem. These types of sellers are subject to the same US shipping rates as other sellers (not considering the additional discounts of the seller ships high volume).

Its those china ebay sellers who ship from china using epacket, list their items with standard shipping, and list the item location within the US that is the problem. Their feedback reeks the truth.

Its ebay & usps who got together with china to create epacket for china sellers. China ebay sellers took advantage of the epacket's faster shipping time frame and lower shipping fees to circumvent ebay's item location misrepresentation policy. I'm glad ebay's upcoming seller update will help address this issue.
Old 06-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Hate when sellers overchagre for shipping - the misrepresentation of location is not such a big deal IF 1) in same country and 2) good quality is assured
I agree with you on this, rsot. Not a big deal if its from the same country. Like item location is listed as california, but seller ships from new york.