Selling on Ebay UK from other country - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-25-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Selling on Ebay UK from other country

Hello everyone.

I am absolutely new in all this stuff (VPN, VPS, Static IP's, Dedicated IP, etc.) so I thought to ask for your opinions.

I was wondering if there possibly any connection between low sales and the fact that I am connecting from another country to my UK eBay account. I have heard somewhere that eBay pushing better UK located sellers than anyone from outside. I have checked my IP with the whoer and it shows my Greek IP but the DNS server is German and I think that it is not "very good" for eBay. So I was thinking to get a UK IP address.

Can you give me some suggestions on how I can work this out? What is better VPN, UK mobile sim, something else? Do you think it is worth a try?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Biggirl13; 05-26-2019 at 05:12 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-25-2019

Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Selling on Ebay UK from other country

For sure you can give it a try, but I don't think there is a connection between your poor sales performance and that you are using a Greek IP (probably you have used the same IP from the beginning of the account).

Look into how the other sellers who sells your item are doing these days (price, shipping, etc).
Old 05-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your message @Aguero.

There were no problems until last year when eBay changed their policies. After then is like someone has a hand on the water faucet and controlling the flow. Sometimes it just like waterdrops and sometimes it is like they let the water to flow normally.

I do check all this stuff all the time, I am selling products from wholesale suppliers and not from Amazon, etc. There are not many sellers that selling exact same products, of course, there are similar products, some with the lower prices and some with the higher but it was always like this.

So I thought that if I change my location IP and logging in with UK IP, eBay will see that my account info, items location and my location are the same and maybe, I repeat, maybe it will improve somehow my performance.
Old 05-26-2019

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggirl13 View Post
Thank you for your message @Aguero.

There were no problems until last year when eBay changed their policies. After then is like someone has a hand on the water faucet and controlling the flow. Sometimes it just like waterdrops and sometimes it is like they let the water to flow normally.
It was absolutely the same for me and other guys, here there was a few threads about it. I have tried free shipping, 60 days returns, new title keywords and nothing helped. Before few months everything went back to normal by itself. Only eBay knows exactly what they are doing.

Hopefully you will get back your natural sales soon.
Old 05-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Thanks again @Aguero.

I'll give it a try. Here comes the second question from my first post. What to choose? From which provider or service? Do I need to do any additional steps or preparations as it will not be a brand new account but the existing one? If I go with VPN service should I choose a Dedicated IP or Fresh IP?