Strange i was second from the top for a few weeks ..Now im down to 12 place - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Strange i was second from the top for a few weeks ..Now im down to 12 place

As far as i can see no body above me as sold more than i did ..Why do you think this has happened ..I did get a neg but got that removed within 24 hours
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Strange i was second from the top for a few weeks ..Now im down to 12 place

My guess would be the neg dropped you down. Removed or not, negs have been known for years to temporarily drop an accounts sales/ranking.

I was going to say eBay probably just shuffled search results (which they do) until I saw the bit about a neg.
Old 06-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Strange i was second from the top for a few weeks ..Now im down to 12 place

Yep I would agree with Phaz

Its most likely the neg, even if its been removed its effects can hang around.
Old 07-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Just got an update on this topic ,,i just phoned up ebay to remove a neg (which she did do) ..So while i had her ,,i asked her if negs affect your position on ebays page and she said no ..She said you can get 5 negs in one day and your position will not move down ...So that is good to know
Old 07-12-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
Just got an update on this topic ,,i just phoned up ebay to remove a neg (which she did do) ..So while i had her ,,i asked her if negs affect your position on ebays page and she said no ..She said you can get 5 negs in one day and your position will not move down ...So that is good to know
EBay reps generally have no idea how the ebay algorythms work I'm afraid, most of them haven't even heard of Cassini.

One has to use andecotal evidence and used based experience as knowledge, and I would trust the boys above over an eBay rep.
Old 07-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
She was wrong and there's no doubt about it as far as I'm concerned. I've had accounts see their sales decrease 30-50% after getting a negative that was later revised to positive. The sales slump lasts about a week after the neg is received.

I wouldn't say it so confidently if it only happened once or twice. I've been watching it happen to my accounts for years.
Old 07-12-2019

Longevity: 52%

Is your item promoted? I find when you newley promote you listing it goes to the top,
Ebay rep"s lie all the time
Old 07-12-2019
Threadstarter  

She was adamant it dont change .She asked me where i got my info from i said a forum ,,she laughed... i obviously didn't mention the name ..But the funny thing is iv gon up to 13th from the top was 26th from the top yesterday ..So maybe something else is driving it up ...But if its true thats fe'{'ck up cos i guy gave me neg and he hadn't even paid for the item (thats the one i got removed ) So are you saying il lose places cos of him ?? ...... Its crazy how these reps dont know these things
Old 07-13-2019

Quote:
She was adamant it dont change .She asked me where i got my info from i said a forum ,,she laughed... i obviously didn't mention the name ..But the funny thing is iv gon up to 13th from the top was 26th from the top yesterday ..So maybe something else is driving it up ...But if its true thats fe'{'ck up cos i guy gave me neg and he hadn't even paid for the item (thats the one i got removed ) So are you saying il lose places cos of him ?? ...... Its crazy how these reps dont know these things
She was adamant in her own brain based on information supplied to her by eBay in her training, however, this is normally incorrect, like so much else of eBays policies. Many of us have been doing this a long time, we know the patterns, we've experienced them.

Next time you speak to a rep as them what Cassini is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
As far as i can see no body above me as sold more than i did ..Why do you think this has happened ..I did get a neg but got that removed within 24 hours
what are you selling? maybe competitors were reporting you
Old 07-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
She was adamant in her own brain based on information supplied to her by eBay in her training, however, this is normally incorrect, like so much else of eBays policies. Many of us have been doing this a long time, we know the patterns, we've experienced them.

Next time you speak to a rep as them what Cassini is.
Its a space probe isnt it
Old 07-14-2019

Longevity: 29%

I always noticed a temporary drop in sales after a negative. I never got many and never gave it much thought. I assume most buyers don't care or even pay attention to ratings. Must be ebay's punishment moving you down in the product rankings
Old 07-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Thats probbaly more to do with when they look at your feeback they see negative in bright red on the first feedback page .But once it moves down the list and then it cant be seen your sales pics up
Old 07-16-2019

Quote:
Its a space probe isnt it
No wonder you struggle on eBay if thats what you think