Strange conversation with PayPal Agent when trying to add bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-05-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Strange conversation with PayPal Agent when trying to add bank account

I have recently started using an old stealth account again (no limitations or issues with the account)

I have received a small amount of money in the account but the attached bank account no longer exists so I need to add a new one.

I tried to add a new account but it wanted me to phone verify and the phone number no longer exists either.

I changed the phone number then waited a few weeks and tried to add a bank account. I got the error "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again later"

I waited a few weeks and tried again but got the same error. So I took a deep breath and called them.

They told me they need to "refresh" my account whatever that means. They took my bank details and then told me they need to verify my account information with equifax. They told me the verification failed and I need to wait 48 hours then I can add the bank account.

Is it normal to fail and equifax verification and then be told everything will be fine after 48 hours or so they plan to review and limit my account do you think?

I would transfer my funds out just in case but it only has about £25 in it so I guess doesn't really matter.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: Strange conversation with PayPal Agent when trying to add bank account

You twit !! I had the same thing so i just logged in on a different browsers and the bank account was added no need to call them .. Next time come on here first before you do anything stupid
Old 09-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Strange conversation with PayPal Agent when trying to add bank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
You twit !! I had the same thing so i just logged in on a different browsers and the bank account was added no need to call them .. Next time come on here first before you do anything stupid
Hi thanks for the reply but I already posted on here and the advise was given was "call them as you have no other choice" And "I called them and they added it for me no problem"

Not sure what else I could have done I tried multiple times to add the bank account and it didn't work.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe a different browser worked in your case but I don't think it would have worked in mine.
Old 09-06-2019

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Let us know what happens. I have a feeling all will be fine as they said it would.

But they could just be waiting for you to receive a juicy some of money for them to freeze as well.
Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
Hi thanks for the reply but I already posted on here and the advise was given was "call them as you have no other choice" And "I called them and they added it for me no problem"

Not sure what else I could have done I tried multiple times to add the bank account and it didn't work.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe a different browser worked in your case but I don't think it would have worked in mine.
Im pretty sure it was your browser (are you using fire fox) ?
Old 09-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply James. Do they really wait for a huge chunk of money before freezing? Those scoundrels lol.
Old 09-06-2019
Threadstarter  

I was using a library computer not sure what the browser was.

I suspect it was because I changed the phone number of the account then tried to change the bank details which is similar to what a hacker would do with a stolen account. (I had no choice but to do this as the original phone number and bank account don't exist anymore)

Last edited by fernendo; 09-06-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2019

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Thanks for your reply James. Do they really wait for a huge chunk of money before freezing? Those scoundrels lol.
Probably not. But then again reading some of the threads here where people are being refused their money even after 180 days tells me it is in Paypals favor to freeze as much as they can on suspect stealth accounts if they won't be releasing a penny back to the account holders.
Old 09-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Probably not. But then again reading some of the threads here where people are being refused their money even after 180 days tells me it is in Paypals favour to freeze as much as they can on suspect stealth accounts if they won't be releasing a penny back to the account holders.
Yes I am one of the people who had their funds held on a different account even after 180 days. I complained to the financial ombudsman who were useless as they can only look into areas that PayPal voluntarily lets them and surprise surprise that doesn't amount to anything.

After about 3 years I complained to the CSSF then the funds were mysteriously released without any explanation or reply.
Old 09-08-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Yes I am one of the people who had their funds held on a different account even after 180 days. I complained to the financial ombudsman who were useless as they can only look into areas that PayPal voluntarily lets them and surprise surprise that doesn't amount to anything.
That's because of the way PayPal is structured unfortunately. It's out of their jurisdiction to do anything.

Going forward, just avoid leaving too much funds in a PayPal account.
Old 09-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Let us know what happens. I have a feeling all will be fine as they said it would.

But they could just be waiting for you to receive a juicy some of money for them to freeze as well.
I waited 6 days then tried to add a bank account using Chrome and Internet explorer. It failed with the exact same error message.

I wish the lying twats would either let me add a bank account or limit my account rather than play these stupid games with me.

I guess my only option is to call them again right? Perhaps if I keep calling I will eventually get a competent agent that can sort it for me.

If they wanna limit the account then account then fine it's the games and lies that annoy me.