Just Eat UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-20-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Just Eat UK

Is this meant for the forums?

... not really

But it is e commerce based lol so there’s something for ya

Anyway I’m thinking about opening a takeaway outlet with my Christmas money lol but I want it specifically to be a e commerce based business advertising via Just Eat or even Uber Eats (Less investment)

Does anyone have a idea how much just eat can pull in

Ebays done me about £7k a week at some point in history though the potential was far greater

But with this idea that’s happening in my mind I don’t know much about it and was wondering what the money’s like on such a app and if it’s worth the investment

And anyone scratching there head thinking why I posted this, expanding and growing is always good so why not!

Thank you all in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: Just Eat UK

Selling what cuisine ?
Old 12-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Urban Birmingham so a chippy / kebab
Old 12-20-2019

Activity: 11%

A lot of money in selling chips. Just need to find a good location. Not sure how you would exclusively sell on just eat though without having a proper premises to allow customers to pick up.
Old 12-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

You really limit yourself if you don’t allow collection
Old 12-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I know quite a few takeaway owners and some use the online market very well. One has a few kebab shops and his just eat fees are around £55k a month. I couldn't believe it when he showed me the invoice. He tells me it's worth it though. He is well established in town though. Our town population is 350k so not a big city.

The gourmet burger owner does well too and he uses his own delivery service as well as the online ones. His burgers are £9 each. He's only been going for 2 years and has opened in other towns now too.

Chinese takeaways are again using the same combination of their own delivery and online ones.

All the takeaways I know all have the option of collection and ordering over the counter.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
I know quite a few takeaway owners and some use the online market very well. One has a few kebab shops and his just eat fees are around £55k a month. I couldn't believe it when he showed me the invoice. He tells me it's worth it though. He is well established in town though. Our town population is 350k so not a big city.

The gourmet burger owner does well too and he uses his own delivery service as well as the online ones. His burgers are £9 each. He's only been going for 2 years and has opened in other towns now too.

Chinese takeaways are again using the same combination of their own delivery and online ones.

All the takeaways I know all have the option of collection and ordering over the counter.
Nice analysis - and then the well-established restaurants can be flipped
Old 12-21-2019
Threadstarter  

I will obviously have a collection point in the shop

I’m just gonna get a A5 License so I can sell from the premises but food cannot be eaten in the premises - so no table / chairs

A3 is the License for eating in a shop

Thanks a lot LOMBOK I do feel it is big business because who doesn’t love food delivered to there door

I’m quite shocked though £55k / Month in fees must be a retail giant in order to be going through that much

As long as it pays itself and pays for my fags it’s a good investment for me lol

Thank you all for your input - I’m quite certain I’m gonna be going through with this I’ve found a premises just on the last over hitting boundaries for Xmas 2019 eBay

Then off on to a new project next year :D

Thank you all again any further input / comments is always appreciated

All the best and have a merry Christmas guys and a happy new year
Old 12-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post

Thanks a lot LOMBOK I do feel it is big business because who doesn’t love food delivered to there door

I’m quite shocked though £55k / Month in fees must be a retail giant in order to be going through that much
Ordering online seems to be the way to go now along with delivery. One of my friends has his own app for his business and that does nicely.

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the invoice. He is VERY well established and has shops in great locations near night clubs. He is a good guy and has offered me help and advice for starting up a takeaway business which I hope to get going sometime in 2020.

I have seen a few places but they don't have A5 and the landlords don't want to give permission for it either. A bit short sighted if you ask me as they are having trouble renting the places out. I would buy somewhere if I could find a suitable location.
Old 12-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Don’t sweat it dude

The high street is dying anyway because of us guys on eBay and Amazon

They’re gonna have no choice sooner or later because the only thing ebay and Amazon can’t take on is takeaway food

Where are you based - if it’s near London you can do very well I think because there’s so many goof owners who are careless in the takeaway business when it comes to food quality and customer service

It’s a good market because people are always gonna need to eat
Old 12-31-2019

Longevity: 59%

55k a month on just eat fees.
How many kebab shops does your friend have?

Just eat charge 30% if they do the delivering, and circa 12% if the takeaway provides the delivery service.

He would need 4 shops doing 10k a week with Justeat doing the delivery to be paying that much.

What can be a cheaper option is a ‘dark kitchen’

You don’t need A5 premise, you can get away with B1 planning. You would have to be delivery only with a B1 license though.

I personally think this is the way forward, cheap industrial unit out of town on main roads giving quick access to the whole town for drivers.

You do need experience, and the reason lots of people fail in the industry is they penny pinch in the wrong areas. Of course negotiate with landlords to get the best deals, find cheapest gas/electric. But when it comes to the best food/packaging, don’t even consider prices. But the best and charge according. People will pay for quality.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blueuk For This Useful Post:
ckev26 (01-02-2020), james_112233 (12-31-2019), StealthHarry (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Great tip I’m gonna check that up now
Old 01-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post
55k a month on just eat fees.
How many kebab shops does your friend have?

Just eat charge 30% if they do the delivering, and circa 12% if the takeaway provides the delivery service.

He would need 4 shops doing 10k a week with Justeat doing the delivery to be paying that much.

What can be a cheaper option is a ‘dark kitchen’

You don’t need A5 premise, you can get away with B1 planning. You would have to be delivery only with a B1 license though.

I personally think this is the way forward, cheap industrial unit out of town on main roads giving quick access to the whole town for drivers.

You do need experience, and the reason lots of people fail in the industry is they penny pinch in the wrong areas. Of course negotiate with landlords to get the best deals, find cheapest gas/electric. But when it comes to the best food/packaging, don’t even consider prices. But the best and charge according. People will pay for quality.

He's got three shops and they take over £10k a week each. All 3 are in great locations for both residential deliveries and takeaway business. One is close to the 6th form college and nightclubs. That one is open lunchtimes too.

Even the Chinese takeaways are doing £7k plus a week around here. I know one in a small town about 5 miles away that does not do delivery of any sort as they are too busy. They are the only Chinese in the town. There is an Indian, a kebab/burger/pizza place and a fish & chip shop too. That town is pretty much covered. It would need to be less mainstream there. Gourmet burgers seem to be doing well. There is one guy I know that does this and he sells for £8 a burger. Does takeaway, eat in and delivery. He has got 6 shops now, the other 5 in other towns.

My wife has suggested the B1 delivery only route and there are a few units available that are open to this. Something we are looking at.
Old 01-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

B1 delivery only route?
Old 01-02-2020

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post
Is this meant for the forums?

... not really

But it is e commerce based lol so there’s something for ya

Anyway I’m thinking about opening a takeaway outlet with my Christmas money lol but I want it specifically to be a e commerce based business advertising via Just Eat or even Uber Eats (Less investment)

Does anyone have a idea how much just eat can pull in

Ebays done me about £7k a week at some point in history though the potential was far greater

But with this idea that’s happening in my mind I don’t know much about it and was wondering what the money’s like on such a app and if it’s worth the investment

And anyone scratching there head thinking why I posted this, expanding and growing is always good so why not!

Thank you all in advance

Hi StealthHarry,

Congrats on your eBay Xmas sales success by the way.

I think your idea of setting up a food delivery business via Just Eat and other platforms is a good idea, buddy.

You could also design your own App. You can get a App created for a few hundred quid these days and promote this via leaflet drops and other online adverts.

Try joining uberEats and deliveroo too. There is another new app called "FoodHub" too.

I would love to do something like this very soon.

I was just wondering how much would the initial set up costs be to get started, rough figure?

Good luck my friend and hope all works out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hardgrafter For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020
Threadstarter  

I’m thinking about a £16k investment roughly

Cheap premises - good / decent equipment

I’m 20 yo at the moment don’t really wanna invest much of course I’ll be putting in a lot of effort but this I just want this to be a alright income on the side

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthHarry For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Ok, location isn’t central that’s £20k saved - property is without any upfront payment (goodwill etc) just equipment , cheap rent £500 monthly, £16k probably change to spare as well
You ain’t burst anyone’s bubble mate
Old 01-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
16K to get a fast food business up and running. Don't want to burst your New Year bubble but you're not even close.
Few connections and shopping around and that is quite doable as a basic start up cost.

It will depend on if rent needs to be paid up front for more than 1 month, what the deposit it like, if the premise already has the basic connections installed or even some equipment already but its far from impossible
Old 01-03-2020

Longevity: 45%

Did you see that thing those young guys did ..They set up deliveroo account they lived above a Waitrose shop ..So they bought Waitros food heated them up in a micro wave The Deliveroo guy would come round on his moped and pick up the stuff they even used to lower the food down to the driver by rope to save time ..They were buying a 5 pound food and selling it for 9 pounds ..the got good reviews and everything
Old 01-03-2020

Longevity: 45%

You dont need a shop you can make food at home and deliver it via apts

I know some one who works from a trailer and they only sell on just eat
Old 01-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

My wife came up with one for you. Buy pizzas from Sainsburys, they cook them too, change the box, and deliver. Close to large residential areas too. Margins are tight though.
Old 01-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
16K to get a fast food business up and running. Don't want to burst your New Year bubble but you're not even close.
clearly not in the catering business!
The Following User Says Thank You to doofy01 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (01-04-2020)