eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal now recognizing if bank account has no direct debit facility & blocks its use (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/13463-paypal-now-recognizing-if-bank-account-has-no-direct-debit-facility-blocks-its-use.html)

digzz 09-16-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 104223)
The penny deposits, prove you are in control of the bank account, but bank is only any good if direct debit friendly - dohhh!
What would have helped is noting that the forum says most savings are not direct debit friendly and then checked with you bank first before adding it...

Really and truly who cares about Direct Debit friendly? All people want is to verify the account. And if you have bad credit and can't get a current bank account these days...then you’re really done 4...as these savings accounts won’t work anymore.

oompaloompa 09-17-2009 05:07 AM

calm down dear its only a commercial....

Ive tried to explain it, but its not sinking in .... anyway you learn things by trial and error,
so no harm done...

GreenBean 09-17-2009 05:15 AM

Hopefully the title edit may help....:rolleyes:

crazyfrog 09-24-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digzz (Post 104180)
The Point is ....You where able to Confirm the Account with out a bank account with Direct Debit using the Depoist penny things....Now the Paypal accounts won't let you get to that stage. Because now they have a system in place to check the Bank Accounts with out a Direct Debit....

I tried to add a Nationwide savings account 1 year back and Paypal didn't let me add it .However ,other banks work fine.
Digzz actually this is not in the hands of Paypal .
All those bank accounts which do not honor the facility of accepting Electronic instruction for setting up a direct debit will not be able to go through Paypal and thus you will not be able to initiate the deposits.This is the only thing ,which Paypal can check.
If you bank is allowing electronic instruction to go through and later on it rejects ,then there is no way ,paypal would know and therefore Paypal would have to allow it to go through.

I hope you got my point :)

static 10-02-2009 03:23 PM

I'm not sure I understand the issue here, but I think it's a good change if it is what I think it is lol.

A while ago, I added a savings account from navy federal to one of my accounts. It was able to get my account verified with 2 deposits, but when I went to use the account to buy something I got limited, because their savings accounts don't do ACH or something like that =/ That was just a lack of foresight on my part, but the way paypal has it set now, maybe they would've saved me from myself, and just not let me add that savings account lol.