eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal now recognizing if bank account has no direct debit facility & blocks its use (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/13463-paypal-now-recognizing-if-bank-account-has-no-direct-debit-facility-blocks-its-use.html)

digzz 09-16-2009 08:57 AM

Paypal now recognizing if bank account has no direct debit facility & blocks its use

I tried to Add My Bank Account Yesterday to my PayPal Account. Which did'nt have a Direct Debit on the account because it was only a Savings account. Now Paypal have a Way of checking if any account can have a Direct Debit on the account. Which Means any body can not now Verify Any Paypal Account Unless they have a Direct Debit Option on there Bank Account. (Paypal Are Getting Smarter Day By Day) :>

GreenBean 09-16-2009 09:01 AM

Correct. It has been the case for the last two years at least. ANY bank account being used for paypal purposes MUST have the Direct Debit mandate**
I have posted this advice on the forum many many many times. Savings account do not work. This too is mentioned already on the forum. This is the very basis of making the paypal correctly in the UK: the correct bank account must be selected.

Did you not look at the Means to An End list?

** 15 posts by me stating in depth that a bank account must allow the Direct Debit Mandate..... 15 posts

digzz 09-16-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 104142)
Correct. It has been the case for the last two years at least. ANY bank account being used for paypal purposes MUST have the Direct Debit mandate**
I have posted this advice on the forum many many many times. Savings account do not work. This too is mentioned already on the forum. This is the very basis of making the paypal correctly in the UK: the correct bank account must be selected.

Did you not look at the Means to An End list?

** 15 posts by me stating in depth that a bank account must allow the Direct Debit Mandate..... 15 posts

Well it worked last week with out an Account with a Direct Debit ...So it must of been put on there system a few days ago.. Can you send me a link to that (Means to an End List)

lakeman 09-16-2009 09:20 AM

GreenBean 09-16-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digzz (Post 104143)
Well it worked last week with out an Account with a Direct Debit ...So it must of been put on there system a few days ago.. Can you send me a link to that (Means to an End List)

lakeman just did the link for you,digzz.

This is what happens: a bank account gets used for paypal purposes. The micro deposits go into the account. It appears that all will be OK. Then within 7 days, paypal rejects the bank account & the bank account is no good.
I keep a note of these events. It is not new. It also does not happen with current accounts, only savings accounts.

digzz 09-16-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 104145)
lakeman just did the link for you,digzz.

This is what happens: a bank account gets used for paypal purposes. The micro deposits go into the account. It appears that all will be OK. Then within 7 days, paypal rejects the bank account & the bank account is no good.
I keep a note of these events. It is not new. It also does not happen with current accounts, only savings accounts.

It is New ....Because Now it won't let you Go Thou the Stage where you can Send them micro deposits.....where as last week you could.....it comes up with a message saying you can't use this account...which means they have found a way to check the bank account instantly ....before they even try and send the Deposits.....

GreenBean 09-16-2009 09:33 AM

Which bank is involved? We will need to make sure others do not get this problem.:peace:

digzz 09-16-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 104150)
Which bank is involved? We will need to make sure others do not get this problem.:peace:

It's all Bank Accounts That Don't have a Direct Debit.

GreenBean 09-16-2009 09:50 AM

I would like to know the name of the particular bank you used and found out this development,please.

digzz 09-16-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 104155)
I would like to know the name of the particular bank you used and found out this development,please.

Nationwide Savings account.

GreenBean 09-16-2009 10:01 AM

Cheers,digzz. I'll note that. paypal sux.:fight:

bluemoon999 09-16-2009 10:13 AM

Nationwide Savings account is offered by Nationwide Bank which is a newly opened bank about a year ago by Nationwide Insurance company in USA.

Online Banking | Nationwide Bank | Nationwide.com

oompaloompa 09-16-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digzz (Post 104151)
It's all Bank Accounts That Don't have a Direct Debit.

so you are back then digzz...

paypal have updated which bank account types do not allow dd mandate, some savings accounts dont have that facility, we already knew that..

nationwide? no its been in Uk for years, used to be a building society...

bluemoon999 09-16-2009 10:34 AM

This one - Nationwide Building Society right?

digzz 09-16-2009 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=oompaloompa;104163]so you are back then digzz...

paypal have updated which bank account types do not allow dd mandate, some savings accounts dont have that facility, we already knew that..

I've Only Tried one account but I can Imagine it's all bank accounts that Don't have a Direct Debit.....

digzz 09-16-2009 10:40 AM

So Right as now you can only Verify a paypal account with a bank account with a Direct Debit.....No other account will work....

GreenBean 09-16-2009 10:46 AM

:thumb: Have an account with a direct debit mandate and you should be OK

oompaloompa 09-16-2009 11:52 AM

no direct debit facility = no use for paypal

many savings accounts = no dd facility

^^^ thats been on the forum for several months

digzz 09-16-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 104179)
no direct debit facility = no use for paypal

many savings accounts = no dd facility

^^^ thats been on the forum for several months

The Point is ....You where able to Confirm the Account with out a bank account with Direct Debit using the Depoist penny things....Now the Paypal accounts won't let you get to that stage. Because now they have a system in place to check the Bank Accounts with out a Direct Debit....

oompaloompa 09-16-2009 01:53 PM

and.......?

they are just saving you the trouble of adding a bank that is useless to use with paypal..
you should phone and thank them (oompa, stop laughing)

digzz 09-16-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 104218)
and.......?

they are just saving you the trouble of adding a bank that is useless to use with paypal..
you should phone and thank them (oompa, stop laughing)

How the hell is it Useless ? When it confirms your Paypal account ? Dohhhhhhhhh :amazed:

oompaloompa 09-16-2009 02:17 PM

The penny deposits, prove you are in control of the bank account, but bank is only any good if direct debit friendly - dohhh!
What would have helped is noting that the forum says most savings are not direct debit friendly and then checked with you bank first before adding it...