Does listing on 2 accounts actually get you more sales?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Does listing on 2 accounts actually get you more sales??

Hello,

I have just posted my story on the ebay discussions board and now i am wondering which way to move forward. Some advice would be nice here. I now currently have 2 running accounts as my original has been reinstated.

If you have 2 accounts does it make a big difference if you list on both of them? i.e more sales?!

What is the best way of doing it? Lets say for instance i was selling TVs and DVD players, is the best way to do it concentrate DVDs to one account and TVs to the other? Or does it make no difference?

I often wonder why peole on here say i now have 8 running accounts? is this mainly as back up or do they use every one of them accounts? would it not be easier instead of listing 200 products over 8 accounts just to add them all to one?

If anyone could help on this i would be appreciate it, is it worth me using both accounts or not?
Jenko
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2009

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenko123 View Post
Hello,

I have just posted my story on the ebay discussions board and now i am wondering which way to move forward. Some advice would be nice here. I now currently have 2 running accounts as my original has been reinstated.

If you have 2 accounts does it make a big difference if you list on both of them? i.e more sales?!

What is the best way of doing it? Lets say for instance i was selling TVs and DVD players, is the best way to do it concentrate DVDs to one account and TVs to the other? Or does it make no difference?

I often wonder why peole on here say i now have 8 running accounts? is this mainly as back up or do they use every one of them accounts? would it not be easier instead of listing 200 products over 8 accounts just to add them all to one?

If anyone could help on this i would be appreciate it, is it worth me using both accounts or not?
Jenko
people run several accounts for many different reasons.... my reasons are mainly in case on goes down I have others that are established, as well as the fact that I dont want too much attention on one account , too many payments , high risk items... helps to spread it out over a few accounts to keep from being limited. And I find it easier to transfer funds, especially large amounts, if I buy things from myself
Old 10-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Used correctly, the two accounts do work very well in terms of sales. Apart from NOT's suggestions, having two accounts can in fact mean you are selling to two different groups.
Taking your example of TV & DVDs, then on one account you might have a TV purchased by say a newly married couple or someone replacing an old set. They in turn might have family & friends who buy DVDs as presents. These people may not necessarily 'search' listings that are mixed....two markets, two lots of money for you

ETA: recalled this thread about multiple accounts: goes into this in depth as well
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...t-what-do.html
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

There are many and varied reasons for having multiple accounts.

To distribute income more thinly (so one account isn't hauling in 80k/mo)
To sandbag in case of stability issues
To flood a market thusly outnumbering competitors

One personal example:
Over the years, I've dabbled in many different things. I feel it would be counterproductive if I had sold cosmetics in 2k3 using the same account I used for selling tools in 2k1 and ceramics in 2k... Something tells me butch2k1 wouldn't have sold a lot of eye-shadow and lip-liner, especially with a couple hundred feedback from hammerdrills, cold chisels, and dual-action orbital air sanders.
Old 10-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

Ok, thanks for the comments, i will have a think about which way is best to go forward, i am not selling hugely different items. I sell healthcare and sports supplements, that kinda thing, i was thinking one account more female and the other more along the way of sports people, thanks for your input,

jenko