Contacting buyers to sell outside ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Contacting buyers to sell outside ebay

Hi all - Due to some problems with my account having some MC019's (I have another thread running about it on the main discussion forum) I am dropping my entire line of (very very slightly) dodgy vero items and won't be selling them on ebay again. I really want to keep my account as my FB is so good.

I have over 300 customers who have bought products from me on eBay and I have all of their email addys in a spreadsheet.

I am now dropping the type of item from eBay but would like to carry on selling to them. If I were to email everybody on the list offering to sell them items outside of eBay will eBay come down on me in some way if they find out (even though I have now stopped selling those particular item types on ebay)?

Many thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

First thing, it is good that you are organized and take your selling/business seriously enough to have kept their e-mail addresses on a spreadsheet.

If you personally e-mail each of your customers to continue selling your products to them, then no Ebay cannot do anything because you are not going through Ebay and its none of their business what you do and who you mail on your own time. If the customer doesn't mind, then do as you will. I still buy from my favorite buyers and sell to my old buyers still today and my Ebay account was suspended and has been since March.

The most that I could see happen would be either they do not reply, spam you or continue doing business with you. Just stay away from the Bay!

Good Luck!
Old 10-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
First thing, it is good that you are organized and take your selling/business seriously enough to have kept their e-mail addresses on a spreadsheet.

If you personally e-mail each of your customers to continue selling your products to them, then no Ebay cannot do anything because you are not going through Ebay and its none of their business what you do and who you mail on your own time. If the customer doesn't mind, then do as you will. I still buy from my favorite buyers and sell to my old buyers still today and my Ebay account was suspended and has been since March.

The most that I could see happen would be either they do not reply, spam you or continue doing business with you. Just stay away from the Bay!

Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice waterproof - much appreciated. I think I will knock up a quick zen-cart store and just sell them from there as Zen also includes the facility to send out a newsletter to a mailing list (setting up zen-stores and php coding is my "day" job lol).

At least I won't have eBay ripping me off for 10% of every sale!!
Old 10-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Don't forget Paypal's cut! And don't quit your day job...you may enjoy it more! lol

Anyway, we used to be able to have fun and enjoy Ebay, but now THEY have taken the fun out of it.

If you choose to sell again on the Bay, play it VERY safe, and think every move through!

Best regards
The Following User Says Thank You to waterproof For This Useful Post:
sjnw2009 (10-21-2009)
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post

Anyway, we used to be able to have fun and enjoy Ebay, but now THEY have taken the fun out of it.
This is so true to me
I want old times!!!
Old 10-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

AMEN. Those good old days! Fun fun and then there was paypal
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 85%

I remember piles of cheques dropping through my letter box everyday..... days long gone :(

CaptainJack
Old 10-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I remember checks, and \/\/007! CA$H and blank money orders. I still get the MO's. But the pocket jack is getting a bit scarce these past couple years.