LTD company / bank account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Re: LTD company / bank account

No point opening ltd company if your not making £85,000 plus which is the VAT threshold.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-23-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
No point opening ltd company if your not making £85,000 plus which is the VAT threshold.
See my post above about wholly incorrect information.

But I'll play along. Tell us why you shouldn't go Limited Company if you're not going to hit the VAT threshold because I've been getting it wrong for over a decade now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Sorry Lucy - I don't understand your point or why you are making it

There are many valid reasons for trading as a Ltd. company and, if done properly can be very useful in bypassing some of the more intrusive enquiries from Ebay and Adyen

Surely the VAT threshold has no relevance whatsoever - unless you know something that I have yet to learn

Old 03-23-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:

Don't mean to be rude but you're saying the only point in opening an ltd company is only if your making £85k plus?
Old 04-08-2021

Longevity: 28%

Do they check, not only for directors but for shareholders and PSC register at companies house?
Old 04-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Do they check, not only for directors but for shareholders and PSC register at companies house?
Directors - they have no need to check anyone else

It used to be easy using a LC but Ebay got wise to it and now check directors as much as T/A accounts

Still helpful bank account wise though

Old 04-09-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

It used to be easy using a LC but Ebay got wise to it and now check directors as much as T/A accounts

So they only check Directors?

Not shareholders, or persons with significant control?

Please confirm, this could be extremely helpful.

A nominee director agreement and undated resignation letter could be all thats needed.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2021

So a ebay banned person can be 100% shareholder.

So long as the Director of the company is not banned and not linked by address or other means?
Old 04-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
So a ebay banned person can be 100% shareholder.

So long as the Director of the company is not banned and not linked by address or other means?
Why would you include a banned person as a shareholder/

Find a suitable nominee, establish the account and then do what you need to do

KISS works everytime

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
888 (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021

Quote:

KISS works everytime

Gotcha ;-)

Nice one.
Old 04-10-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:

KISS works everytime

Just to add....

When you create a Limited Company the first thing Companies House does is inform HMRC, so if you've any sense you'll manage the company and its monies/taxation legitimately or face the possible consequences.

The only people who can take money out of the company are employees or shareholders. If you withdraw it as salary then it forms part of someones personal income, part of their personal allowance and part of their tax return. Will your nominee Director (employee) do this for you? If you use the traditional form of paid nominee service the answer is most certainly 'no'. If you use a friend will they want a 'ghost salary' to be declared and eat up their personal allowance? If it's explained to them properly the answer again would surely be 'no'.

So you skip this one and go for the shareholder dividend route. Again, the same as above applies, if you go for a paid for service they will not want dividends withdrawing in their name. If you get a friend to be a shareholder-director then they are accountable for any possible personal taxation on
dividends which have to be declared on your tax return even if there's no tax due.

Would your or I do either of the above for a friend? Not a chance I'll wager.

So you're left with the option of making yourself a shareholder or an employee (PSC) with the director making no financial gain from the company.

The keep it simple angle may work initially to form a company and to use it to create an ebay account but you would be foolish not to plan ahead for the inevitable matters that will arise when you complete your annual returns.

If you see this venture as a longer term proposition then I'd do it right from the get-go. Why not, nobody but you, your nominated director and Companies House would know. Ebay and Adyen wont know a thing.

All this said, the creation of a company, the bank account and supplying the directors personal and residential details to all who ask requires a lot of two-way trust, I hope anyone who goes down this route knows what they're doing.

Best advice I could give to OP? Don't rely on anything you read on here and seek professional advice from a good accountant who will also able to form a company. Not only does this route give you some form of indemnity but for a modest fee relieves you of the burden of preparing accounts, submitting annual returns etc and maintains an air of respectability which reduces the chance of HMRC picking you for an inspection.
Old 08-26-2022

Longevity: 9%

Quote:

Hi this is incorrect, ebay check for directors and beneficial owners, which are people with 25% of the shares and or voting rights.

This is e evidenced by the fact that if you go to sign up for a new ebay business account for a limited company, they ask you for all directors and beneficial owners details
Old 08-26-2022

As above in the last message

Last edited by Mr UK; 08-26-2022 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2022

Quote:

KISS works everytime

Hello, please excuse te interruption, I hope you can respond
I was reading forums about getting back on ebay with limited companies, and your name showed up a lot.

I was wondering if you could give some advise on my idea, for how to get back selling on eBay after being banned recently.:

My idea is to get a family member with new address, name etc no links to me (who has already given me their consent) to set up a limited company, then set up a company ebay account from that. Then once ebay and managed payments is all verified, shortly after have my family member resign as director and beneficial owner, and have me put onto the company as director and beneficial owner at companies house , but not notify or change anything with the ebay account.

Do you know if you need to notify ebay of new directors and stakeholders after you have created a limited company ebay account and got managed payments and everything verified?

I'm sure you are supposed to notify ebay of director and stakeholder changes, but would they find out if you don't tell them. Would they 1 day surprisingly hit you with the: we need to verify all of your current stakeholders request one day in the future...

Surely the only way that ebay would know is if there is a change on the companies house register, or if they are doing routine ID checks. Is this something that you know they do?
Thanks very much for help