LTD company / bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-08-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Question LTD company / bank account

Hello,

Have a quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have setup a new company with a business partner on companies house, I have also setup a new ebay/paypal in my business partner's details.

The question I have is will there be any issues if the business bank account is in both of our names? I have previously been banned on ebay.

The ebay address provided & his details are all totally new on ebay.

Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: LTD company / bank account

As long as you are not registered as a director or company secretary you will be fine

Old 03-08-2021

Longevity: 42%

You can try it. It would not work for what you trying to do.
Old 03-08-2021

Activity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindsource21 View Post
You can try it. It would not work for what you trying to do.
why would it not work?
Old 03-12-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
As long as you are not registered as a director or company secretary you will be fine

I am a director of the company also.

How do I go about selling on ebay with this in mind?
Old 03-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay*merchant View Post
I am a director of the company also.

How do I go about selling on ebay with this in mind?
Think about it

Your name and address are banned on Ebay

Your limited company has your name and address listed at companies house

Assume Ebay will check company details (they certainly used to do that)

What do you think?

Old 03-13-2021

Longevity: 28%

Just become a shareholder with 75% shares and you can control the company, and use your wife/partners details as Director and Sec.
Simple
Old 03-13-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay.slayer View Post
Just become a shareholder with 75% shares and you can control the company, and use your wife/partners details as Director and Sec.
Simple
Companies house records also show past directors.

The cost of a company is relatively small. Suggest scrap that one and start again with new details

Then it is very doable

Old 03-13-2021

Longevity: 37%

cheap place to buy a company please need one asap ..thanks
sorry for jumping on your post .
Old 03-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreacher View Post
cheap place to buy a company please need one asap ..thanks
sorry for jumping on your post .
https://www.companiesmadesimple.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
jackreacher (03-14-2021)
Old 03-14-2021

Quote:
Think about it

Your name and address are banned on Ebay

Your limited company has your name and address listed at companies house

Assume Ebay will check company details (they certainly used to do that)

What do you think?

Company is registered at different address a registered office address. would that work?
Old 03-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
Company is registered at different address a registered office address. would that work?
No - Ebay will want id and address details of the directors as will Adyen

Limited companies used to be a good way around but Ebay learned

It's still doable but you need to work harder for it - they wont make it easy for you

Adyen is the real problem, not Ebay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
Ebay.slayer (03-14-2021), sugarlaces (03-14-2021)
Old 03-14-2021

Longevity: 28%

Listen to the wise Big dog
Old 03-14-2021

Quote:
No - Ebay will want id and address details of the directors as will Adyen

Limited companies used to be a good way around but Ebay learned

It's still doable but you need to work harder for it - they wont make it easy for you

Adyen is the real problem, not Ebay

My son is other secretary directory, if I make him the majority shareholder rather and not use my banned home address and my name but his university rental address 84 miles away. Would he have to be on electoral roll at that address?
Old 03-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaces View Post
My son is other secretary directory, if I make him the majority shareholder rather and not use my banned home address and my name but his university rental address 84 miles away. Would he have to be on electoral roll at that address?
Not necessarily

Think logically here

There is nothing to stop your son opening an account - you don't need a limited company to do that

But he will need to jump through the same hoops

His ID will need to show his rental address (You can change DL address on line)

His bank statement will need to show new address

I would suggest you buy an old iphone 6 and do all the account opening from the new address/area

That should get you past Adyens checks

After that it will depend on how you operate the account

Only you know why you have found youurself in the situation you are in and if you cannot identify where it all went wrong then it is very likely you will find yourself in the same situation again but having spent money and wasted
assets

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
sugarlaces (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021

[/QUOTE]
Think logically here

There is nothing to stop your son opening an account - you don't need a limited company to do that.

He's already on it, and I have 2 business bank accounts attached to stealth in ltd company name to pp stealth. Hence use the same banks. I just didn't want to start an account as he graduates next year and someone googles a Dr's name and your found on Ebay too if that makes sense.

His ID will need to show his rental address (You can change DL address on line)

Will that suffice and no need to change address on electoral rol to match DL l?

I would suggest you buy an old iphone 6 and do all the account opening from the new address/area
He has own clean MacBook and Uni rental broadband too.

That should get you past Adyens checks

After that it will depend on how you operate the account.
The hardest part is starting of with zero feedback and losing thousands of feedback 99.1% top rated and thousands of sales history that give buyers confidence to purchase.

Only you know why you have found youurself in the situation you are in and if you cannot identify where it all went wrong then it is very likely you will find yourself in the same situation again but having spent money and wasted
assets

I havent changed over to Mp just maxed out the listings, can't revise or edit anymore either now, bought some time just dont want to press self destruct yet.
Old 03-16-2021
Threadstarter  

Does anyone know what business documents ebay/Adyen actually requests?

The ebay I have setup is brand new & not on MP yet, we have made a handful of sales which have gone into the new PP that has been created.

So far the only link me & my business partner have is the company we are both directors of & that's on companies house (formation address given for directors addresses), all details provided to ebay & PP are his.

I am wondering if we should setup a brand new LTD company now solely under his name or open one further down the line if they ask for business information?

We will also be hitting the VAT threshold very quickly, not sure if this affects the above.
Old 03-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

We will also be hitting the VAT threshold very quickly, not sure if this affects the above.
Yes it will - Ebay will not protect you from C&E and if you are going to hit the limit quickly that suggests to me that you will be coming under some scrutiny - even if you are water tight on your account creation turning over £80K plus in a short time is not generally considered good for new account health

Up to you but you may want to look at how fast you are going

Paypal may also want a retention

Old 03-16-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Yes it will - Ebay will not protect you from C&E and if you are going to hit the limit quickly that suggests to me that you will be coming under some scrutiny - even if you are water tight on your account creation turning over £80K plus in a short time is not generally considered good for new account health

Up to you but you may want to look at how fast you are going

Paypal may also want a retention

No it won't. VAT registration/requirements has absolutely nothing to do with account verification or eligibility.

By 'C&E' do you mean HMRC, 'Customs and Excise' hasn't existed for over 15 years now.

The threshold for VAT is now £85,000, it has never been 80K, indeed the last time it was close to that figure was back in 2013.

By 'paypal may want a retention' do you mean there will be a temporary hold on funds if you do not supply a tracking number?

This forum has some great info but there's also a load of misinformation, take care with what you offer up, readers tend to believe whatever is posted even if it is poorly worded at best, wrong at worst.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Sausage (03-17-2021)
Old 03-17-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No it won't. VAT registration/requirements has absolutely nothing to do with account verification or eligibility.

By 'C&E' do you mean HMRC, 'Customs and Excise' hasn't existed for over 15 years now.

The threshold for VAT is now £85,000, it has never been 80K, indeed the last time it was close to that figure was back in 2013.

By 'paypal may want a retention' do you mean there will be a temporary hold on funds if you do not supply a tracking number?

This forum has some great info but there's also a load of misinformation, take care with what you offer up, readers tend to believe whatever is posted even if it is poorly worded at best, wrong at worst.
I didn't have the exact VAT figures to hand - I bow to your up to date knowledge

My point is that if you are turning over £80K+ in a short time you will invite scrutiny - but that's your choice

Paypal may well institute a rolling 6 month retention on a percentage of your funds. They may decide that the amounts going through the account are a high risk for a new account and just shut you down - equally they may not - but that's your choice and your risk

Having been on the receiving end of a rolling retention believe me they are a real PITA and potential business killer and best avoided if at all possible

Any advise I give is usually from my own experience - I ask for and receive nothing for it - feel free to do with it as you will

Old 03-18-2021
Threadstarter  

I am still a little unsure on how I should go about doing this.

Do I open another LTD company in my business partners name (solely) & provide this to ebay/adyen when we sign up to managed payments?

Further down the line I would like to add a new business account we are in the process of opening (high street bank account with 2 signatories in both of our names) but by doing this the name of the company on the statement wont match the name of the company provided to ebay? Currently my business partner has his own current account attached to ebay/paypal.
Old 03-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I am still a little unsure on how I should go about doing this.

Do I open another LTD company in my business partners name (solely) & provide this to ebay/adyen when we sign up to managed payments?

Further down the line I would like to add a new business account we are in the process of opening (high street bank account with 2 signatories in both of our names) but by doing this the name of the company on the statement wont match the name of the company provided to ebay? Currently my business partner has his own current account attached to ebay/paypal.
A limited company is a totally seperate legal entity. In theory you can have as many limited companies as you want and each can have its own Ebay/Paypal account - however - Ebay are fully aware of the implications for them in allowing such a scenario to bypass their security system

When someone is banned from Ebay there is always a reason - you may not agree with it but as far as Ebay is concerrned their action is justifiable. That's why they store yourr details - to make sure you stay off of their platform

When you register your limited company on Ebay their source of information is companies house - not the companies bank. They can see the name, year of birth and, if precautions have not been taken, the home address of any directors.

Ebay assume this person to be the 'beneficial owner' of the company and so they instigate the same checks and security protocols on the 'beneficial owner' that they would on any Joe Soap opening an account. It is the person not the company that has to come through clean

I trust you can see where I'm going with this.

Until you have a guaranteed way of passing both Ebay and Adyen checks it is quite likely you are going nowhere - and that's the big problem

Passing these checks is very hit and miss it seems. A limited company will allow you to bypass the bank account checks by Adyen but not the ID checks

Questions of ID for the directors can easily stray onto 'the dark side' and while no one here would advocate you going down that route, certainly not me, I do know that peoples IDs have been misused - often with sums of money changing hands - some students will do anything for £200 so I am told.

Unless you have a well thought out game plan I would suggest you hold off using a limited company until you do have

But it's your choice of course