Limited Paypal Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Limited Paypal Account

Hi

About three years ago I had my account limited with Paypal and the funds in it frozen. I then had an e-mail from Paypal saying they were taking another £200 from my bank account that was set up with my Paypal account. I immediately cancelled the direct debit between my bank account and Paypal and have now abandoned this Paypal account altogether

Three years later I would now like to set up new sellers account with Paypal if possible, although I am still skeptical about using them. The good news is I now have the following.

1, A new address
2, A Random IP Address (AOL)
3, A new bank account
4, New E-mail Address

When I sign up if or my new Paypal account I will use my real name but I am going to have to change my date of birth so I don't get linked with the old account, does Paypal need you to verify anything when you sign up with them these days? or is it just the bank account you need to verify?

Do I need to take anything else into consideration when signing up? I am worried I will get linked on something else, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...step-step.html
Old 10-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if it is on the same PC then do a clean up or change windows user.

If its a common name it may actually be ok to use same name and dob if you have a new address, thats up to you...
Old 10-25-2009
Threadstarter  

Oompaloompa

I think i had this PC after my Paypal account got suspended, but i've just bought a brabd new laptop so i'll use that when i sign up, just to be sure.

Apparently there are 57 people in the UK with the same name as myself thats accourding to (www.yournotme.com - - Find out how many people in the U.K share the same name as you. although i'm not sure how accurate this is,

If i sign up with my real name and DOB will i not get flagged as soon as i sign up?
If i use my real name and a made up DOB then i will encounter difficulties when i need to verify things with them e'g fax them a copy of my drivers licence or passport right?
Old 10-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

exactly in a nutshell its for you to decide which - look, I cant be sure you wouldnt get caught, Im giving you the options, if you are limited you will need ID right, so if you are creative, fine, put wrong dob or whatever you like but if you would want to use your existing id real name and dob is ok with new address....after all their bot may see your name and dob but its with a new address, so can they prove its the old you?
Old 10-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Ooplaloompa

I'll tell you my situation exactly and I'll tell you what I am thinking of doing with my new Paypal account. Three years ago I was selling wallets on Ebay which I was purchasing from a web site called (iOffer: A place to buy, sell & trade) I would tell you my Ebay account to show you how good my feedback is, but the Ebay account is still active. The items I was selling would retail for around £100 and I was selling the wallets for around the £20 - £25 mark so the people buying them had an idea what they were getting and if they weren't I gave them a 100% refund. Anyway I was making some decent money on top of a very poor wage.

What I was doing with Paypal was because I was selling naughty stuff I was creating a temporary Paypal account and then transferring the money to my main Paypal account and depositing the money into my bank account. Anyway I done this on about three temporary Paypal accounts taking my limit to £500 and then opening another, until I logged on one day and I had an e-mail from Paypal saying they had frozen the funds in my Temporary Paypal account I can't remember how much this was I think it was around £150 which I wasn't that bothered about loosing, as long as long as my main Paypal account was ok. I logged onto my main Paypal account and it was ok, only about two days later I had an e-mail from Paypal saying they were taking £200 from my Bank Account as this was money that had come from the temporary Paypal account that was now Limited. They wanted to know what the money was for. Anyway rather than loose another £200 to them just for them to limit my main Pay pal account I cancelled the direct debit between my bank and Paypal and have never used the account since. could log in and see the lift limitations to restore access note on the home page, e,g pay £200 to restore access. I kept getting the e-mails from them saying restore bank funding to lift limitations. A few months past and I had the pleasure of opening a letter from a debt collection agency stating that I owed Paypal £200 and if I didn't pay then that debt would be passed on to them. I don't want to get blacklisted or anything like that so I immediately paid the £200, at the time I was really p***ed, this money didn't belong to paypal!!!

Anyway three years on and I would like to start selling again only this time from a website and not Ebay and I want to be 110% legit and no hokey gear from china.
I have thought about other Merchant accounts but would like to try and get back on with Paypal first,unfortunately they are the most popular payment provider on the web. I now have the following which I have already told you in a previous post.

1, A new address
2, A Random IP Address (AOL)
3, A new bank account
4, New E-mail Address

What I am thinking of doing is re-storing my bank account details on my limited Paypal account, as the balance now sits at 0 as I have paid the £200 via a cheque. Soo they can't go into my bank account and take any more money if the balance is now 0 and not -200 right? the bank funding is the only thing I need to verify to lift my limitations,

I would then like to set up a brand new Paypal account with the new address, bank account etc and if I get the limitations lifted on the old one I won't be flagged as a having a banned account right?? and then I could put I my own DOB right and have a 100% legit account?

Please could you give me your thoughts and advice on this it is really appreciated.
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 85%

If you do manage to restore access to your original paypal account I would still keep the new account seperate and unlinked (i.e different DOB etc.)

Then if you get limited again on either account for whatever reason at least you have a back up account.

Getting around the incorrect DOB issue if you have to provide further ID is simple! Especially since all the other details will be correct.

CaptainJack
Old 10-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

there is no need to restore old paypal, I cannot see the point of risking it,

set up the new paypal and that its IMO
Old 10-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for for your advice Captainjack1980 and Oompaloompa, i'm lucky to have found this forum

I think i'll leave the old Paypal account and just create a new one. Do Paypal ask you to prove/verify anything when you sign up these days or is it just the two deposits in your bank account and your up and running?

How do i get arround the incorrect DOB issue if I need to fax them a copy of something? mind you they never asked me to fax anything on my old account how often are they asking people to do this? like i said If i get my new account I'll be looking after it.
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 85%

Hi, yes bank desposits, and either phone or postal verification.

If you are being careful then you won't likely have to provide any docs until you hit a certain level of sales (£1700 - EU anti money laundering).

Best to wait and see exactly what they request then ask again.....

CaptainJack
Old 10-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Okay, I am not going to touch the old account, im not even going to log in again, I haven't logged in since i moved to my new address.I am going to set up a new account changing only my DOB.

Once i get back on with Paypal i am thinking of signing up with another merchant account and offering Paypal as a payment option, with most of these merchants you need a Paypal account to do this.

Will this protect your Paypal account in anyway, obviously you'll be able to take credit card orders etc that don't go through Paypal. I was thinking of possibly using www1shoppingcart.com for this service but there is not much information about 1shoppingcart on this forum.

What are thoughts / opinion on this?
Old 10-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

buyers dont go for anything but paypal usually....