new ebay and paypal account plan - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default new ebay and paypal account plan

right so today i shall make a brand new ebay/paypal account
i will be a middle aged woman (idea of aspkins)
i am actually a 17 year old male (will this work?)

i will make a totally **** paypal acct ( is business acct good idea?)
also get a bank acct set up today too which i will link to my paypal etc

i also need someone to tell me a good pre-paid CC tht i can use (cheap+easy)

i am getting a new number today too to forward it to my mobile phone
i hear this thing about a 30 day free trial with these companies (jus enough time to verify your phone) but is this a good idea? will ebay or paypal ever call me again when all has been verified?

get a new gmail account today too all with the **** details i have
i will make sure to change my ip address right before i try to make te accounts and delete cookies and flash cookies etc

do i even need a pre-paid credit card? can ebay just take the fees through paypal through my bank?

is there anything else i need to do? any help will do guys, i just want to make sure i dont screw up.. thanks in advance

Last edited by casual92king; 10-26-2009 at 04:20 AM. Reason: forgot something
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

aspkins said that? what about paypal phone calls, sing soprano??

Ok, saying you are 17 on forum isnt good, if you see what I mean..

business account reqs business info, got that?

cards, any....gift cards barclays, 3V, vcc entropay or you own bank card, see threads on lack of avs being used

30 day phone trials are recycled numbers, get your own, they are cheap, see threads, voip-based or virtual numbers are an option

a vcc or cc is better for fees, or altenatively pay regularly from paypal balance. If bank is used for fees, that carries risks, see thread about the info on the credit ie you name if you pay fees, if you ask bank to change this may be ok, but be warned it gives them access to overdrawing you etc
Old 10-26-2009

Longevity: 85%

Hi, yes you can pay your fees through paypal.... you will need a card to set up the Paypal account though.

Business account is good - just make up a company name. Choose the sole trader option from the drown down list. Ignore the VAT and company number - this is optional. Specify what you sell, where you sell it, transaction vale, monthly sales etc. And that's it.

If you intend to trade as a business (i.e buy stuff to sell) then it might be a good idea to upgrade your Ebay account to a business account. Save you getting reported by other ebayers for doing business transactions under a private account.

Choose a name similar to your own (or a slight variation of your own name). This will make it easier in the long run to maintain your accounts. Just make up a DOB.

Decide on what address you are going to use (google is your friend if you don't have one in mind i.e a friends/relatives etc.) It is best to choose an address close to your actual location (at least same county) as your IP address gives away geographic location.

Get a telephone number with area code matching your location. I use ringcentral - use the free trial if you must, but it's better to buy and keep a number if you intend to manage the account long term.

If you can afford it use entropay for the virtual card - you need to load a minimum of £10 on when you create your first card.

CaptainJack