am a pensioner and i been banned by palpay 180 day - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default am a pensioner and i been banned by palpay 180 day

Please help am a pensioner in the uk i started selling some old post cards and things i had on ebay then i started selling stuff from charity shops it gave me some think to do and gave me some beer money just before news years eve i got rushed to hospital with a blood clot i was then late sending some items out as i was in hospital so some buyer reported me to paypal but when i got home i gave them refunds and sent some items out and told them why they where late i them opened a 2nd ebay and paypal acounnt as i wanted to start over fresh being a new year then my paypal was ltd i done as asked and send my id they wanted proff and invoices of where my goods was from but they where 2nd hand from charity shops i then got a email to say they would keep my money from 180 days and cut ties with me i was gutted i use to enjoy selling and buying on ebay it was fun and a great hobby
please can any one tell me how to get a new paypal and ebay account i was going to get a basic bank acount and use that but reading this forum i need a new ip how do i do that am not sure what a ip is i dont care about the money in my old account it was only about £20 i be happy if am here in 180 days am just wishing to go back on ebay and paypal it was so much fun plus i use to buy things for my flat with paypal as i dont drive please please help am talking about ebay paypal uk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2010

Wow, I have to say this is one of the saddest stories I've read on the site. First, you're not trying to get rich off of eBay like the rest of us you're just using the site to have a little fun and to fill some time gaps during your retirement. Then, you have medical issues, and despite you making up for everything, they still gave you the boot!

It looks like you have a lot of questions, understandably so, and you've definitely come to the right place. I would suggest that you get started with eBay Stealth right away. You do have to buy the book (available right here on the forum), but with your pensioner's salary, I understand that can be tough.

There are some free ways to get the book, signing up for trials, etc. I'm sure the forum owner will be along soon enough and can kindly point you to those.

Once you've given it a read, come back and ask your questions. We're more than happy to help!
Old 02-05-2010

Longevity: 91%

Bespoke-Trader, hang in there! You are here at the right place and will learn soon that everybody wants to help.
Like DrGonzo said, to start reading ebay stealth guide is where you need to start before you do anything else. Just cheer up, you can be back on Ebay and with new PayPal relatively soon..
Old 02-05-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you both for your kind words will the book open with window 7 as it says on the ad only xp and vista thanks stewie
Old 02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoke-trader View Post
thank you both for your kind words will the book open with window 7 as it says on the ad only xp and vista thanks stewie
Another reader just opened a new topic with this same question, so check that one out, and hopefully the forum owner will respond shortly!
Old 02-06-2010

For your ip address.
Go to a site called IP Burger which will display your current IP address.
IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address!
Take a note of this.
Turn your modem off for a few mins and restart computer.
Go back to IP burger and see if your IP address changes.
If it doesn't change, turn the modem off overnight before bed and do the same thing when you go back to your computer the next day.

If it doesn't change there are more advanced ways of changing your IP.

Other simple steps for new account.
Get new email address.
new bank account
new debit/credit card.
new telephone number...ring up BT ask for new number (too many wrong numbers excuse) or sign up for BT Call sign.

Clear computer of ebay tracking junk:
Go here and delete flash cookies.
Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel
Clear computer with a program called Ccleaner.
use Mozilla Firefox and install BetterPrivacy add on.

Register new accounts.
Don't log back into your old ebay or paypal accounts.

Feel free to ask any question...have fun!
Old 02-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

no, your bank has to be made in your own details, do not give them false details - unnecessary.

when you sign up for ebay and paypal, you can use your grandsons address.

if youve put your real name on your post - I will get mods to remove it..!

prepaid cards there are a few, entropay, or some banks like barclays do them, similar to gift cards.

I suggest you dont sign up until you understand the basics, plus you are asking questions, that are already answered if you do a search..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-06-2010 at 10:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
aspkin (02-06-2010)
Old 02-06-2010
Banned

Hi Bespoke-trader,

I wouldn't consider giving details other than your own to real, high street financial organizations like Barclays, HSBC, Abbey National etc.

As mentioned above, I really do recommend you read eBay Stealth - that will give you a full step by step guide on how to do it, and with pictures. That guide will give you everything, and without knowing how eBay and PayPal operate you are only going to put yourself at risk of getting another ban.

I really do feel for you - it can be a complete pain in a-hole having to go through all that cr*p. But, hang in there, get eBay Stealth, ask your questions, and then start - you'll be back on you feet in no time!
Old 02-12-2010

Longevity: 83%

Listen, people are here because for one reason or another they need to be.

Yet they seem to think everyone has to go stealth.

You my friend have done nothing wrong, do not be a victim, do something about it.

Contact the financial ombudsman, and file a claim in the small claims court, write to paypal of your intentions to do this. give them a time frame to respond,7 days, to sort your account out and have you re-instated. You have not done anything wrong, there is no need for you to hide.
You want to have fun, a law suit is great fun, and very educational, you can learn a lot from the experience, and its exciting tool.

Lets make it clear, you have not done anything wrong, therefore there is no reason for them to have taken your account from you, plus you provided them with the necessary information they asked for. They are in breach of their own terms and conditions right there.

Do not mope around worrying about it, do something about it. What have you got to lose at your age? £40 for the smallest claim in the small claims court? you got a freedom pass, might as well make the most of it hey?

By getting the ombudsman and the courts involved, paypal will see the error in their judgement, if they do not they are fools, and no atourney in the world can defend their actions against you.

Tell the ombudsman your story, tell paypal it as well. If after seven days it is not resolved goto the small claims court, you can do his online, and file a claim against paypal inc.

At some stage, you will get a court hearing, tell your local press office to be there, tell them your story, a pensioner, screwed by paypal for selling things from charity shops. That will go down well at PP headquarters.

Dont be bullied by the bully, specially if you have nothing to hide from him.
The Following User Says Thank You to paypalpains For This Useful Post:
ddda88 (02-21-2010)
Old 02-12-2010

Agreed, there is some great information out there to help fight PayPal. Begin with threatening legal action with a series of emails, phone calls and a letter to their UK offices which they try to hide.

PAYPAL (EUROPE) LTD
WHITTAKER HOUSE
2 WHITTAKER AVENUE
RICHMOND
SURREY
TW9 1EH

You can serve legal papers to this UK office.

eBay/ PayPal administration landline telephone number is as follows:
020 8605 3000

Option 1 for PayPal and it's a lot cheaper than the 0870 they give out.

It only costs £25 via https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp which is thern charged to PayPal when you have won your case.

Start with an example letter:

Nabble - PAYPAL TOPICS - Template Letters for Removing paypal account limitations

It is your money and they have no legal claim to it. They are freezing 1000s of accounts and it's time we done something about it.

Category: 1 - iWasSuspendedFromEbay

Last edited by bode; 02-12-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

OP has said that he has £20 stuck in this account....if it were alot more funds, I would probably agree with Court just from the financial aspect, depending on the reasons for closure....

OP hasnt really explained WHY the account has been limited, just that they wanted invoices, well, I have previously explained to paypal, I didnt have invoices as the items were personal or from markets etc - and they accepted that. Whilst I dont doubt OPs story, has he explained that to them? If so they are being unreasonable, for sure, but there may also be more to this story than has been given...just my experience on this matter... so is paypal just deciding to close him down for no reason...it would be useful to know this to advise....

I agree, they shouldnt just stop you trading and shut you down - but it is their perogative. Its your money, and as long as you have used real details then I see no reason why they should hold monies for 180 days even if it is in their T&Cs and that should be challenged, I would if the amount was worth the hassle..you can do it for £20 on principle, but I wouldnt bother!!

They could reopen your account because you threathen to go to Court, true, as long as you dont put a foot wrong ever again! actually I threathened paypal once when they didnt unlimit me fast enough, after Id sent docs, and that accounts been ok ever since, so maybe Im paranoid!!

In general, when in comes to going to Court, if you have been shut down, there is usually a reason, may seem unfair to you but it really depends on what it is as to what route you take, eg a rights ownership issue needs clarification first, before you expose yourself to Court matters. If however its say a high volume or risky business issue in paypals eyes, and you can 100% verify all your suppliers and back it all up, why not try and get your account back - sure (although I bet you an ebay/paypal employee will take those details and set up in competition, if they could!!) or at least get your monies unfrozen before 180 days....

bode- you keep quoting small claims to get an account back, but have you any examples of actual persons you know or have read about that have been successful doing it in UK? We know of Tabberone in USA....but it surely depends on why you are closed down - you cant for example sell fak es and expect to go to court over it, isnt that naive??

So, whilst it is great advice for some instances, we need to to balance out the monetary/stress/business ratios for each case...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-12-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-13-2010

I am taking them to court later this week based on the fact they don't have any legal claim to my money. Whether it's £20 or £2000 that's up to you, but the amount they are holding in my account is causing me stress and preventing me from trading...this is my livelihood. I don't care about re-opening that account, I just want my money.

If Paypal are willing to risk a CCJ, baillifs and a £500 fee from the Ombudsman (for £20 in this case)....great, spread the word but don't let Paypal wreck your business, bully and steal from you using the excuse that you agreed to it...lies and total BS. They are not required by law to routinely freeze your account for 180 days, they choose to.

The guy who runs the site I provided links to has taken Paypal to court on at least 3 occasions and mentions throughout the site that many people have done the same. He explains in detail the steps to take based on professional legal advice he received and experience. I've read so many stories where people are willing to challenge Paypal through the courts but when they give out the Luxembourg address, people change their minds, but we have a UK address that Paypal try their best not to disclose.

Personally I don't do the full stealth method and use real details and have re-registered quite a few accounts over the last 8 years. If you are selling non genuine items, naturally you should just hide but that's not the reason Paypal hold your money for 180 days; although unproven, they are holding thousands (more?) of accounts for 6 months and putting the money into high interest bank accounts..very illegal and I would rejoice when they get found out, but we need to challenge them if anything will get done.

Last edited by bode; 02-13-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

ok, now we are talking!! We need this kind of info backed up..

sure you should be putting this on forum though?...didnt want your secrets...just a 'I know of someone' scenario would have sufficed!

So, all your info and goods can be vouched for I take it.....

and they havent backed down at thought of Court action - interesting, would have thought they would...why are they so confident I wonder..

I wonder if your lawyer has found any precedent, if there was surely they would have backed off...well then maybe your case could set a UK precedent...

I agree it isnt legal, and they squirrel held money in Luxenbourg tax haven - they must be making millions on that alone...

Anyway update us, very interesting and useful info - thanks, and good luck

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-13-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2010

It really depends on the reason they are holding your money also. They would normally use the EU anti money laundering excuse, but there is no law..it's a lie!

Once it gets to Paypal's legal department they will never admit to anything right to the very end..they will call your bluff and in HIS experience they would back down once they realised you knew what you are talking about.

But the important information in his site stated that you must actually carry the threat through. In some cases they will pay the £25 court fee. When it comes down it they can't say in court that they own the money. The guy in question was asked by the legal dept to drop the CCJ for his money back.

Read his site.

Last edited by bode; 02-13-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

EU law doesnt exist - true, it is shocking that it hasnt gone to the High Court, maybe it has dont know....

However many precedents are set in out of court settlements and small claims court wins for seller......nothing will happen until it goes to the High court...

anyway we have digressed a bit! wonder if OP is still with us....

1/In certain circumstances, where you details are real and your goods are backed up, Court is an option to get money back but it isnt alot so thats possibly not worth the effort
2/Court is not an option to get your account back - its their perogative, plus who would want an account that was being watched so carefully by them in future!
3/I suggest in OP circumstances to just make a new account that isnt linked, with grandsons details (grandson doesnt have an ebay account already does he?)
4/ Before doing this though it may be good for OP to try and get account back by giving paypal info it has requested, if it has reached a brick wall or they are not answering emails,give it 3 weeks and if no joy, make the new account.
5/ There are reasons for the limitation though, lack of supplier info imo doesnt lead to indefinate limitation, there has to be something else going on....
Old 02-20-2010
Threadstarter  

hi oompaloompa and bode sorry i been so long getting back when i was in hospital i had 6 people that got refunds from paypal as i could not reply to the claims with in time then when i got out i opened a new ebay and paypal account so i think they was thinking i was keeping money with out sending stuff out i have sent email to loads of places like paypal radio and that and sent letters but no joy i know it only cost £25 to take them to court but i only live on £72 a week and once a paid my bills and shopping am lucky if i got £25 left i just wnt to get back on ebay asap i got the book and am just working on a list i made i made a new user account wipe my cookies and flash cookies got a new ip address which took a while for me to work out got a new gmail and new basic bank account just the phone bit to sort out can you use payg in the uk also do cashplus cards work in the uk has i just got one once again thank every one for your free advice esp oompaloompa and also guys i seen on other site to do with paypal that you can use you own address as paypal dont use this but i would not risk it my self
Old 02-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

cashplus should be ok, if its just to register it on paypal to pay fees etc...
no payg phone is not good to make seller account, you need a landline, you can get virtual numbers or bt callsign or voip-based numbers or get a friend or relatives number..
Old 02-21-2010
Threadstarter  

i just phone virgin and told them am getting funny calls and they have given me a new no for free so i can now tick that of the list