Transfer money from UK Paypal to Thai Paypal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Transfer money from UK Paypal to Thai Paypal account?

New to this forum so firstly, hello. I currently live in Thailand and I am struggling a little bit for money. I have just set up a paypal account and linked and confirmed it with my Thai bank account. My dad who is in the UK has a paypal account which he has had for a very long time and has a 100% good reputation. My question is if he was to tranfer 500 pounds to my account, would it go through smoothly? Would paypal limit the accounts at all. I would hate for my dad's account to get limited or worse the money to sit there for 180 day's which know could happen. Any info on this would be great or should I try and get the money sent another way?

P.S. If you want me to put anymore details please ask me.

Many thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Because you really want the money, paypal will probably be horrible and limit the account(s).

A couple of suggestions (in no special order):
consider a bank transfer
consider contacting paypal and asking them what they recommend you do. Give them the facts: get the name of the staff member...

My gut feeling is do it off paypal. Friend did a transfer of a similar amount. UK to Thailand and bingo...limited.
Now the problem is your Dad might not be up to arguing with paypal if limited...consider that angle.
btw, Welcome to the forum
Old 03-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

Thanks for the quick reply Greenbean. A bank transfer is better but they have a fee I would prefer my dad not to pay, if the transfer went smoothly there isn't any fee's to pay which is great. I would hate my dad to get his pp limited and for the money to be kept by pp for 180 days. Because it's being sent to Asia they might get suspect about it even though they can clearly see we both have the same surname. I think maybe the risk is too great to try it. Might be best to try an alternative that at least I would be a 100% to get the money.
Old 03-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I understand that, Choice would be yours.
Old 04-02-2010

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 88%

Send it as a service for "updating website" if it is a one off shouldn't pose a problem
Old 04-02-2010

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 88%

you can also do a transfer online to your thai bank, for about £15 fee.
Make sure you send pounds and dont transfer to Thai baht till the money hits the thai bank, else the rate will be crap
Old 05-10-2010

Longevity: 80%

Why would paypal limit either account? Both accounts are valid just in different countries. I transfer and receive payments to my Thai paypal from many accounts, including a sister in the USA, no problem.
Old 05-11-2010

Longevity: 82%
Default Money Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by technoboy View Post
New to this forum so firstly, hello. I currently live in Thailand and I am struggling a little bit for money. I have just set up a paypal account and linked and confirmed it with my Thai bank account. My dad who is in the UK has a paypal account which he has had for a very long time and has a 100% good reputation. My question is if he was to tranfer 500 pounds to my account, would it go through smoothly? Would paypal limit the accounts at all. I would hate for my dad's account to get limited or worse the money to sit there for 180 day's which know could happen. Any info on this would be great or should I try and get the money sent another way?

P.S. If you want me to put anymore details please ask me.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi, could you not get ur dad to do a Western Union transfer for you? its quick and easy!
Old 06-16-2010

Longevity: 84%

I agree with Huski. I have both UK Paypal and Thai Paypal accounts both in my name. I regularly transfer from the UK to the Thai account without any problem. I've transferred amounts of £100 - £500 before and no worries...

Will probably get limited next time I send now I've said that!
Old 06-17-2010

Longevity: 90%

my friends send money from his uk account to my thailand paypal account but send around 500 pounds to my 2 account .
i recommended dont withdraw money too fast . keep it in your paypal account for a week and then withdraw later.
or transfer the around 250 pounds to one account and another thai paypal account.
its work for me.