description disclaimer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default description disclaimer

Does not happen often, however when it does it is very detrimental to my ebay business. What I am talking about is negative feedback, and the comments people write, saying such things as F*** stay away, item is coun***feit etc...

Was wondering, as the item I sell is a branded item, and the company has their own website could/should I would/have you put in a disclaimer. Words to such affect as:

I am in no way associated with said brand, and if you are some kind of said brand connoisseur, have bad karma, are of a negative disposition then PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM MY AUCTIONS, neither do I need your money, your custom, moreover I do not want or need your bad vibes and negativity.

Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions welcome

Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Ha you can put all the disclaimer you like - buyers will still cause problems....part of the biz =(

I have my own issues with buyers seeing what shipping is, buying the item, THEN complaining about shipping & handling. get outta here!
Old 07-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

thats a rude disclaimer that will probably get you pulled for being offensive, but in any case the disputes SND etc override anything you can put on auction
Old 07-03-2010

Longevity: 80%

I personally do not bother with any terms on listings on eBay. They are worthless if a buyer claims INR/SNAD and you can't provide proof of delivery and well SNAD you haven't got a hope!

Get your buyers onside. Be friendly. If they think they can email you with the tiniest problem and get a good response I find most will. My main account at the minute, I am going for TRS, to get that you literally have to suck buyers *****! Result? Cost me a little in returns, sending the money to them what it cost to return. Nearly 300 feedback, all pos barring 2 neutrals, and only 1 low star on the dashboard for P&P and I sell everything FREEPOST.
Old 07-04-2010

Longevity: 86%

Putting a ''disclaimer'' like that would just discourage honest bidders from buying. Most honest buyers want to deal with pleasant sellers. The dishonest buyers dont care what you put in there, they know what their "ebay/paypal rights" are and will do what they do regardless. What I do, is check my listing often throughout the day/duration of the listing, click on the buyers feedback for those who are currently bidding on my items and then click on feedback left for others and I SURE ENOUGH have cancelled bids and blocked buyers who have left excessive negative feedback. I also put buyer requirements on all of my auctions ( the kind that you check this or that when creating the listing in ebay, I NEVER put buyer requirements in the actual listing in the form of words. This way if a buyer that does not meet my requirements tries to bid, ebay wont let them) such as, must have a paypal account (only because usually this would stop malicious bidding), block buyers who have 2 or more unpaid items in one month, etc. Although, this is not at all a saftey net, it does help somewhat. I always also get my buyers to "add" items to their orders and enjoy free shipping. After my auctions end, I send my buyers a list of items to choose from with the price next to it and about 70% of the time they add items to their order! Even do exclusive selling this way with some of the buyers. Most of them appreciate it. I sell items that have a sale rate of 100%! So these types of buyers are happy to not have to bid and just have an ''exclusive'' offer ''just for them''. So all in all, my suggestion is set buyer requirements, check on who is bidding on your items, and concentrate on getting buyers to buy from you outside of ebay somehow. That would help your bottom line and make the losses you will get from loser thieves of people on ebay a little less of a dent on the wallet. Hope this helps!

Last edited by needhelpplease; 07-04-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: more info
The Following User Says Thank You to needhelpplease For This Useful Post:
pod (07-04-2010)
Old 07-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post

Most honest buyers want to deal with pleasant sellers.

The dishonest buyers dont care what you put in there
Thats pretty much perfect
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
needhelpplease (07-08-2010)
Old 07-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I don't think it's a good idea to put a 'description disclaimer' in there. I only put more instructions with regards to payments and refunds. Everything about the item should be put in the description box provided.
Old 07-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I Know that a Bad buyer can Really tick you off, Lord Knows how many times I Myself have wanted to go out and "Track a Buyer Down", but the Truth is It is Not Worth getting all worked up about.

The disclaimer you are thinking about adding to your listings will only Drive Good buyers AWAY from your ad, Bad buyers with attutidues will NOT Care, because they Know about all the Power Ebay/Amazon gives them.
Not to Mention that your Item can get pulled Just for having that disclamier on it.

So in the end the way I see it, that disclaimer can ONLY HURT You, and NOT Help You.