complete lockdown. help please! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default complete lockdown. help please!

hi all, sorry to be a complete newbie but ive got a serious problem and would appreciate any and all help. ive had a legit paypal account for nearly 3 years receiving money from 3 separate ebay shops selling mainly body jewellery, tattoo supplies and ethnic jewellery. i recently had a delivery of cheap chinese electronics (not something i usually touch, but it seemed like a good deal at the time) Anyhoo, it turns out they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (32GB mem cards - actually turned out to be about 1GB, formatted to 'look' like 32GB to anyone who didnt know better) Im not that computer savvy, so I didnt even know there was such a thing as ⊗⊗⊗⊗ memory cards! ...now i do! :/

I realised this mistake too late and paypal have completely shut me down, despite the fact that Ive fully refunded all of my customers. so my regular day-to-day income has gone from a modest but dependable 100 quid or so a day to ZERO. im freaking out, what can i do now as they say this decision cannot be appealed. how do i get back to selling? ive had a look through some posts on here and it seems every option involves changing IP addresses regularly (no idea how to do this!), getting vcc's, addresses and bank accounts etc etc. This all sounds very complicated and scary to someone who has not done this kind of thing before. what steps do i need to take if i cant get my old account back? from what ive seen, there seems to be lots of people on here with multiple paypal accounts, just one would sort me out!

PLEASE HELP!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjohnson View Post

how do i get back to selling?

what steps do i need to take if i cant get my old account back?
You need to learn how to go stealth. Get the Stealth Book. Will get you off and running. And from there the forum will be tons of help. There is MUCH more then just IP. Do not focus on any one area. Its a package deal to stay alive.

*Forget your old accounts. They are gone. You need to move on and get up running stealth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-21-2010), rsot (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

PayPal is very unforgiving about counterfeits. I truly believe that you had no idea they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but eBay/PayPal won't.

I know that from reading the posts only, the whole stealth concept seems very technical and complicated, but it really is not. It becomes second nature.

Most of the people on this forum are honest people who have made mistakes that cost them an eBay and/or PayPal account. Some people see someone with three account, or five accounts and assume that they do not need it, it does not apply to them, as they are not selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff. But there are a lot of ways to lose an eBay/PayPal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-20-2010)
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,950 Times in 8,241 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sadly - assuming you are telling the whole truth - ignorance of sellnig a product does not work well with any website. Listen to pod and jeffweico - you have advice from some of the most active and savvy people.

There is no simple plug-and-play to get old accounts back =(

New account creation is well discussed in stealth guide AND around the forums - best to get reading and we look forward to your contributions. Welcome.
Old 08-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
hi all, sorry to be a complete newbie but ive got a serious problem and would appreciate any and all help. ive had a legit paypal account for nearly 3 years receiving money from 3 separate ebay shops selling mainly body jewellery, tattoo supplies and ethnic jewellery. i recently had a delivery of cheap chinese electronics (not something i usually touch, but it seemed like a good deal at the time) Anyhoo, it turns out they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (32GB mem cards - actually turned out to be about 1GB, formatted to 'look' like 32GB to anyone who didnt know better) Im not that computer savvy, so I didnt even know there was such a thing as ⊗⊗⊗⊗ memory cards! ...now i do! :/

I realised this mistake too late and paypal have completely shut me down, despite the fact that Ive fully refunded all of my customers. so my regular day-to-day income has gone from a modest but dependable 100 quid or so a day to ZERO. im freaking out, what can i do now as they say this decision cannot be appealed. how do i get back to selling? ive had a look through some posts on here and it seems every option involves changing IP addresses regularly (no idea how to do this!), getting vcc's, faking addresses and bank accounts etc etc. This all sounds very complicated and scary to someone who has not done this kind of thing before. what steps do i need to take if i cant get my old account back? from what ive seen, there seems to be lots of people on here with multiple paypal accounts, just one would sort me out!

PLEASE HELP!!!
You have no choice but to start again, you have to start by getting a new ip address, you also need a new telephone number to verify your ebay/paypal account, i have bt and virgin telephone bt is my internet and home number, i never give it out and virgin is for ebay only so if it rings i no it could be them, plus i can cange the number anytime i wish to start another ebay/paypal account, change your internet provider, my suggestion is to go with AOL, every time you restart your router you get i new ip address, so you will not need to change internet provider again it you get linked or limited to another ebay/paypal account, next you need a new bank account, apply online at halifax/lloyds/nationwide etc get a current account. you dont need to to apply for a credit card or pre paid card if you are going legit just use your bank card to use for your seller account, and as extra payment to your paypal account. you need to install flock/firefox internet browser ( i prefer flock as it seems faster) you need to make sure you set it to delete all private data and cookies, that is a must, you also need to delete all flash cookies that is the most important one as that is how you get linked, delete them from your computer before you even log in to paypal or ebay and as a precaution i change my computer name, i am running 2 ebay and paypal account after having many limitations i keep the same computer name for each account, open a new paypal business account first (not Ebay), make up a business name but put your name as the business owner just change it around a little do the same with your home address change it around a little, verify it with your new bank account, when they send money they do not look at the business name just the account holder's name when you link the account. make sure you verify the paypal account back account and credit card( use bank card) before opening a new ebay account, when verified open up your ebay account, link it straight away to your paypal account, selct your ebay fee's to come from your paypal account,when you start selling sell very slowly for the first 30 days at least,as ebay and paypal will watch all new accounts, good luck.
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,950 Times in 8,241 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nice verbal diarrhea post robsut =)

All the info is good though so cheers to you.

Though I like to pay eBay fee's outside of using paypal - if you search the forum, you kind of understand why.
Old 08-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nice verbal diarrhea post robsut =)

All the info is good though so cheers to you.

Though I like to pay eBay fee's outside of using paypal - if you search the forum, you kind of understand why.
no matter which way you pay your fee's paypal/bankaccount/gift card you pay them, if you use a pre paid credit card to do it if you dont pay the fee's they take the fee's from your bank account that is linked to your paypal account even if you sever the direct debit agreement, trust me i have done it, i got all this info from a different forum to this, if you need a totally different name/address to start again plus a credit card to match that name and address i can give you the info, there are many things that are not mentioned on this forum to avoid being linked to a previous ebay/paypal account which i paid for on a 1 to 1 basis
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Best advice: get the guide.

Unfortunately eBay/PayPal don't take nicely to those who are caught selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods. It damages their reputation when buyers leave negatives, it's likely that some wont continue to shop. What many people don't acknowledge when selling on eBay is that there's always someone to take your place, ready and waiting. eBay and PayPal know this and that's why they can suspend someone at the drop of a hat.
Old 08-21-2010
Threadstarter  

big thanks to everyone who posted. i'll be back...
Old 08-21-2010
Threadstarter  

hi again all, i bought the book and read it - it seems to make a lot of sense. did i see a post here recently (last couple of days) saying that entropay is no good anymore for uk ebay/paypal verification? what are other good options?

and also, is there a limit to the amount of genuine bank accounts i can set up if i want to have a bunch of pp accounts? surely once you reach a point where you already hold accounts with all the big high street banks, youre out of options? or can you hold several accounts under the same name with one bank? and can paypal link these?

thanks again for all the support guys!
Old 08-21-2010

Smile

Quote:
hi again all, i bought the book and read it - it seems to make a lot of sense. did i see a post here recently (last couple of days) saying that entropay is no good anymore for uk ebay/paypal verification? what are other good options?

and also, is there a limit to the amount of genuine bank accounts i can set up if i want to have a bunch of pp accounts? surely once you reach a point where you already hold accounts with all the big high street banks, youre out of options? or can you hold several accounts under the same name with one bank? and can paypal link these?

i have had upto 11 bank accounts with some high street banks, but that has changed lately especially with the credit crunch, you can hold at least 2 accounts with most lenders 3 max, apply online for them, i have used entropay, it worked for ebay when verifiying but i never tried entropay with paypal, let me know how you go on if you do try, i no entropay does not work with amazon though but through reaserch i was told to leave it 2 weeks before trying and i tried right away, entropay is also the way to go to get a stealth account that cannot be linked directly to you
Old 08-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Dont knock entropay yet. That is not confirmed as being out.

Learn to walk before you run. When you make that first stealth account, you can think of moving on. Yes it is possible to have more than one bank account. That is not your issue yet. Take it one step at a time or you will trip over and up.
jeffweico (08-21-2010)
Old 08-21-2010

thanks for this easy guide
Old 08-22-2010

Longevity: 92%

100 quid a day is "a modest but dependable" income is it?
Old 08-22-2010
Threadstarter  

hahaha, yeah it was pretty good, but i was never going to get mega rich on 100 quid a day alone. certainly more than enough to pay for my beer at the end of the week! sad to say its all gone now thanks to those great guys over at paypal. should be back soon though! gonna begin the process of setting up a new account tomorrow! wish me luck!
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
You need to learn how to go stealth. Get the Stealth Book. Will get you off and running. And from there the forum will be tons of help. There is MUCH more then just IP. Do not focus on any one area. Its a package deal to stay alive.

*Forget your old accounts. They are gone. You need to move on and get up running stealth.
Sorry to to Hear about your situation, The truth is that ALL of us on this forum have a Similar story, get the Stealth Book, read it 3x, and start again with Multiple accounts so that you can sell S L O W L Y on each account and have the total be the Same or MORE than what you were Doing
Old 08-22-2010

just the dogged old 100 smackers a day - nothing fancy eh?
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Well, If your Ebay accounts were Unaffected, you could TRY a Merchant account, but you will still need the stealth guide to set it up Properly and In case it does not work for you.
Old 08-24-2010
Threadstarter  

cheers for the info, i'll give a merchant account a look!
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Interesting we mention the number of bank accounts one can hold. I know lloyds wont let me have more than 2.

Anyone on here know of any 'soft' banks which will let us have, say, up to 5 current accounts?..
Old 08-25-2010
Threadstarter  

i went into abbey the other day (now santander) and the manager said i can have unlimited personal accounts (business accounts would be different). i guess if they ever asked why you need so many, just say you want to keep all of your stuff separate i.e. one for rent, one for car payment, one for whatever...
Old 08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
Interesting we mention the number of bank accounts one can hold. I know lloyds wont let me have more than 2.

Anyone on here know of any 'soft' banks which will let us have, say, up to 5 current accounts?..

i have 4 with LLoyds now, 2 x isa one i use with PP and two current that i use with pp,, as soon as any money hits one of these accounts i use the other isa to tranfer funds into so paypal cannot get any of it back

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif