Halifax Savings Account with paypal problems...? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Halifax Savings Account with paypal problems...?

Ok, i am currently running 6 stealth accounts, in pairs linked to three paypal accounts. Two pairs are linked to Halifax Savings accounts and one pair is linked to santander current account.

The Halifax Savings accounts are brand new unlinked accounts but i did use a Halifax current account with paypal a while back which was barred. I am having no problems with the santander bank account with paypal but for some reason paypal will not let me withdraw to my Halifax savings bank account in stealth details which has already been verified. I just wondered if anybody else had this problem and what to do about it.

Could this be because i had my Halifax Current Account barred by paypal? Or have i done something wrong in the verification process?

Also would it be adviseable to relink the halifax savings paypal accounts to another clean bank account in stealth details or would this raise flags?

Any help or advise on this matter will be greatly appeciated, thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Savings accounts do not work. Bank account must allow direct debit mandate. Problem is that paypal allow everything to go through so it looks OK. But then cancelled. You need to find another current account.

Once a bank account is used it can not be used again with paypal
bigbill (08-22-2010)
Old 08-22-2010

Longevity: 79%

Thats what i thought but im using my Lloyd's tsb ISA as we speak .

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
bigbill (08-22-2010)
Old 08-22-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks for the replies, i thought that if i got my pp accounts verified with the savings accounts then i would be able to make withdrawals using that savings accounts?

What would you advise to do then.

Use another current account that i have with another bank, eg i have unused ones with coop and RBS?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

@Will' Of the two you have , they are aces. For me I prefer RBS but co-op is good. What's fine with them both, imo, is their online facilities

@Tiz-Woz, word to the wise, lloyds have exchanged info with paypal so be careful
bigbill (08-22-2010)
Old 08-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Greenbean,

Thanks for the quick response once again, so you dont think there should be any problem at all using the RBS and Cooperative accounts to withdraw frmo paypal even though i used the two different Halifax Savings accounts to verify both pairs of pp accs?
Old 08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
@Will' Of the two you have , they are aces. For me I prefer RBS but co-op is good. What's fine with them both, imo, is their online facilities

@Tiz-Woz, word to the wise, Lloyd's have exchanged info with paypal so be careful

Yes i know this , and my 3 Lloyd's accounts are all working, also x2 was set up after the warning

i don't think its the bank its self that exchanges details, i think it new staff or sticklers working for the bank that question the transactions because the name is different .

thats why there is only one or two reports of Lloyd's don't this - also has anyone tired waling into the bank when they have had this done and questioned about he privacy policy ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

@Tiz, obviously it would be a matter of proving it: the bank would keep strum. paypal could not be trusted to answer
Old 08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
@Tiz, obviously it would be a matter of proving it: the bank would keep strum. paypal could not be trusted to answer
Ture, just wondered if anyone had tryed thats all, i know i would .

Old 08-26-2010
jason357

Longevity: 0%

the problem you are having is easy to sort out, when you add your online savings account details to paypal, they send you the 2 amounts you need to your bank account for varification, but what you dont know is that the bank kick back the direct debit (you cant have direct debits on a savings account!) to paypal as its a savings account, next bit is easy, your paypal is now varified, so just add another online savings account to your now varified paypal account job done as the direct debit thing no longer has to be done.
Old 08-26-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

"(you cant have direct debits on a savings account!)"

Is this only in the UK?
Old 08-26-2010
jason357

I'm from UK so have no idea about how the banking system works in the usa,sorry
Old 08-26-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

But it is the case in the UK?
Old 08-26-2010
jason357

yes as far as my bank at least is concerned.
Old 08-27-2010

ive been using paypal for the last 2 1/2 years (only just got kicked out!) and when i logged in to paypal today to see what account they had registered for me, its a savings account (barclays 'instant savings') i dont know if this is different from a regular savings account. they do something now called an e-savings account that can be set up in seconds with a new sort code and account number if your already a customer with online banking set up.
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

With that new e-savings you must check it allows a direct debit or it wastes using the account.
Old 08-27-2010

i'll make sure to let everyone know if its A-OK
Old 08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason357 View Post
when you add your online savings account details to paypal, they send you the 2 amounts you need to your bank account for varification, but what you dont know is that the bank kick back the direct debit (you cant have direct debits on a savings account!) to paypal as its a savings account, next bit is easy, your paypal is now varified, so just add another online savings account to your now varified paypal account job done as the direct debit thing no longer has to be done.

if the above is the case, why is it so important that accounts have to have the direct debit mandate? i confirmed with barclays this afternoon that their e-savings accounts do NOT have a direct debit mandate, but jason357 is saying this is not an issue? im confused...
Old 08-27-2010
jason357

Hi dan its because its not an issue, not for me and not for you...
Simply do exactly this, open a new paypal premier account, then varify it in the normal mannor, go through the direct debit crap to get oyur 2 amounts under a pound for varification, get the paypal varified asap, because as the direct debit gets kicked back, paypal then cancel the 2 varification amounts sent to your online savings account, noramally the 2 amounts are in my online saver in 3 days, so now your paypal is now varified. wait about 3 days, then when this time has passed, totally ignore the 1st online savers account you used, goto add bank account in paypal, and add a second online savers account, now you be able to withdraw funds to your online savers account, obviously dont try to withdraw funds to the original online savers account, hope this helps, cos it sure as **** sorts me out!

Last edited by jason357; 08-27-2010 at 03:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
danjohnson (08-28-2010)
Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 92%

And how do you plan to Withdraw funds from your PP account to an Unverified Bank Account (Savings or not)??
Old 08-28-2010
MU

You actually can withdraw to an unverified account... I don't recommend it, but it does work.
Old 08-28-2010
jason357

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
And how do you plan to Withdraw funds from your PP account to an Unverified Bank Account (Savings or not)??
did you actually read the post? the pp is varified upon completion of the direct debit mandate amounts going into the 1st(original) online savings account.