eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay account suspended after listed first item! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/23238-ebay-account-suspended-after-listed-first-item.html)

jayne.w1 09-30-2010 08:58 AM

Ebay account suspended after listed first item!

I opened a stealth account about a week ago and was waiting for bank verification codes. Verified bank account this morning and then listed my 1st item for sale. A little bit later I got hit with this:-

Dear xxxxx

To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification from sellers from time to time. As part of our verification review we have placed your account on hold, the hold prevents you from buying, selling and sending member to member messages. Your active listings will not be searchable during that period.

We'd like to arrange a telephone call to discuss recent activity on your eBay account and review the hold.

Follow the instructions on this link to schedule a time for us to call you:

https://www.scheduleonline.com/servi...rification.php

You can schedule a call with us any day of the week between 09:00 to 19:00, and the call must take place within 5 days of you receiving this email.
To minimise the risk of further disruption to your account we'd ask you to book your call within 24 hours of receiving this email. If we're not able to discuss your account in person within this timeframe this may lead to action being taken including suspension.

We appreciate your cooperation in this and look forward to reviewing your account with you as quickly as possible.

What the xxxx is that about? I followed stealth guide and this hasn't happened before on my other stealth accounts. Just checking when you open a paypal account and then verify bank account paypal then ask you to agree to direct debit agreement from you bank account. I had no other option but to accept. Could this be the problem or is it something else?

forummember 09-30-2010 09:28 AM

You need to call the verify your info, they ask some questions and sometimes make you fax in documents such as driving licenses.

jayne.w1 09-30-2010 09:46 AM

But what could it have been that got me limited so quickly?

I don't have these documents ready to fax. Should I call them or just quit account?

rsot 09-30-2010 11:20 AM

Depends what you were selling - maybe the IP sparked it - you should schedule the call, have al your personal info ready, and search forum for qs you will be asked.

Stigger 09-30-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayne.w1 (Post 170333)
But what could it have been that got me limited so quickly?

I don't have these documents ready to fax. Should I call them or just quit account?

Get ready and take the call for sure, the worst that can happen is the close the account for you, if that happens put it down to experience and start again

Just make sure you have all the info and cover storeys.

in your case i would be looking to open other accounts asap anyway.

jayne.w1 09-30-2010 01:10 PM

Ok I will try and give them a call. Not looking forward to it. I think there could be one reason why I got hit - when entered bank account, accidentely entered some digits from an old account and then I quickly removed it and added correct one. Do you think they could have limited me because of this?

imjustme 09-30-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayne.w1 (Post 170398)
Ok I will try and give them a call. Not looking forward to it. I think there could be one reason why I got hit - when entered bank account, accidentely entered some digits from an old account and then I quickly removed it and added correct one. Do you think they could have limited me because of this?

Most likely that is what linked you. Especially if that old account got suspended.

Stigger 09-30-2010 01:39 PM

Did you mangage to get round your IP Issue ?

Did you enter the full bank account number, that could be the reason but so could the ip if you never sussed how to change it .

you need to slow down a bit, mi thinks

rsot 09-30-2010 01:50 PM

But when you enter the old digits of other bank account, did you actually submit?

jayne.w1 09-30-2010 02:38 PM

Yes did accidently submit wrong account no. but quickly removed it and added right one. I am a bit worried though that my other stealth accounts are going to go down.
Yes Tiswas did get Ip issue sorted so nothing to do with that. I am taking things quite slow. Am worried about accepting direct debit agreement when added bank account on one of my new paypal accounts. Will they be able to see my real address? Was intending to make a one time payment with credit card later on when fees are due. Am also worried about getting limited again and all monies in account on hold. Can't seem to get over these hurdles!!

vokonta 09-30-2010 03:01 PM

Something could have triggered this early limitation. Might be the bank account like you stated. Or maybe ebay picks account at random. Who knows...?

rsot 09-30-2010 03:21 PM

You submitted the old info - even by accident - it's stored. You might be ok but if I were in your shoes, I would consider the account DOA. It will be flagged for verification.

revskank 10-01-2010 01:20 AM

i agree with rsot above. ditch the account as it will be flagged already and then they will be watching it for all future transactions too.

jayne.w1 10-01-2010 06:05 AM

Ok thanks for advice I think I will ditch account. Not worth pursuing. Already working on another stealth account. Just waited for this account to be bank verified. I am worried though that the same thing will happen as soon as I confirm bank account I will get limited. Should I not have agreed to direct debit agreement when opening paypal account? This seems to be a standard page when opening a new account.

revskank 10-01-2010 07:42 AM

Can you not just use an entropay virtual card for payments and bank account for removal of funds? Do you have to set up direct debit, or is it just an option? Also, don't paypal make payments to you to bank verify, if so you would not need a direct debit to receive amounts from them!
I left UK a while ago and you do not even need a bank account to be added in the rest of Europe. With my stealth account that's registered in Lithuania I can withdraw to my credit card. I use this account just to transfer funds and get my money out.
I do not like direct debits as the company could take anything they like from you until you cancel it and as paypal already have a few thousand euro's of my money on 180 day holds I would not trust them with access to my bank account too!

jayne.w1 10-01-2010 10:21 AM

I know what your saying but you have no other option in the Uk which is a pain. I wish we could load funds onto entropay - it would save a lot of hassle. Even a paypal credit card card would be a better option but don't have them in UK anyway couldn't get one because of stealth details. It seems also that now you even need to be verified before you can sell an item. This is now strange as a couple of my previous cards just had entropay on and was able to sell without adding bank account but with new accounts now you don't have this option.

Stigger 10-01-2010 03:33 PM

I find it strange that everyone tell you to dump an account based on assumptions.

Make the call you have nothing to lose and something to gain even if its only the confidence to ring them.

Bellachica 10-13-2010 09:31 AM

I have been following this post and i am curios to find out what eventually happened. Did you make the call or did you just leave the account? and what about your other pay pal accounts sort codes and account numbers :juggle: to keep opening paypal accounts to be verified?

devinsgn 01-12-2011 08:32 PM

That's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ EBAY EMAIL!
They want you to call them so they can steal your information!
I hope you didn't call them and disclose any of your personal information to them!

rosannaforyou 01-13-2011 09:14 AM

DO NOT CALL THEM!"!!

If they make such fuss about the first item this account won't work, just let go and work on your others. To survive on ebay you have to walk away from trouble, here on stealth you always can do this and start afresh!!! A shame about your card and account you won't be able to use again, but ebay only works if they let you work without taking notice!

LadyLeedsUK 01-13-2011 12:14 PM

Hi, These things do come as a shock, soul destroying at times, but remember, its usually automated based on their searches. I had a similar thing, it cleared ok then I realised I was using same photographs and links from a photographic service provider that I had used before? Also It says in the Ebay Stealth Guide to check that IP addresses are not repeated as sometimes, you can end up with a previously used? Good Luck and don't give up. I am still learning too. X

johnnyleeds 01-13-2011 06:35 PM

Yikes! Thats a bit harsh getting hit after listing one item! Let us know what happens if you do take the call, or if you manage to set up a new accounthow that one goes, I am currently setting up a new stealth account myself and I always check these forums to see if there are any new horrors to beware of first - Good luck!