Family Ebay Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 81%
Default Family Ebay Accounts

Ok so my dad is retired now and he's hassling me saying he wants to sell stuff on Ebay to keep himself busy. I have one suspended account at his address and another suspended stealth that was linked to his address.

Naturally I have been trying to discourage him from such action,telling him I can sellwhat he wants to sell, but he is adamant and tells me if there is any problems he will not be best pleased! .

What is the likelyhood of him being suspended?, he has had the account for years but only for buying.

I might give him a sales pitch on the benefits of selling on Amazon!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%

If there has been a account already at that address before then you already know that you can't use that address again. If you do at some point it will be linked. Ebay does not care how many times you have been suspended if your account is just for buying. As soon as you turn it into a seller account and start moving product through the account it will be shut down.
Now if his information has never been attached to a suspended account other than address he could open a account using his real info just needs a variation of his address.
Old 12-14-2010

Longevity: 79%

thats not strickly true from my experiences.

people do move house.

how long as you dad had his account and when did you create the suspended ones in terms of before or after your dad created his.

you could just tell him the truth and if/when he gets limited tell him to ring paypal and say it may have been his lodgers, or he could say he knows nothing at all about it, maybe someone created a bogus account using his address, if all else fails interduce him to the world of STEALTH lol

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 81%

He's had the account for ages, 8 or 9 years maybe. My first account was registered shortly after, and my suspended stealth was opened this year.

I already told him it could be problematic. The lodgers approach sounds like a feasable one

Don't scare me I can't magine my dad doing anything stealth! lol.

I really need to discourage him, if he wants some retirement money then maybe he can be my post office mule lol
Old 12-14-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
He's had the account for ages, 8 or 9 years maybe. My first account was registered shortly after, and my suspended stealth was opened this year.

I already told him it could be problematic. The lodgers approach sounds like a feasable one

Don't scare me I can't magine my dad doing anything stealth! lol.

I really need to discourage him, if he wants some retirement money then maybe he can be my post office mule lol

That could be a problem then but saying that just using the account after such a long time could raise questions with either bay or pp

you could try talk him out of it by telling him that the bays not what it used to be and people lose accounts for nothing, show him a few PP horror story's from around that net to give him something to think about. you could also point out that there are better options these days like amazon lol

personally i would try and get it up and running again, a pre 07 account could go along way.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-14-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Yeah, there are no problems. Just use a variation of address, and name if he has been registered there b4.