Malware with Different Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Post Malware with Different Accounts

Hello to my fellow Stealthers and those who are educating themselves with Ebay and PayPal.

Just to let you know, I am based in UK. I have had Malware difficulties with creating user accounts, that has resulted in my losing my major Computer, due to a virus of some nature.

I will not name drop with the Anti Virus software server, but basically, be very careful when you run Anti Virus and Malware Scans so that you ensure all User Accounts are also protected.

Although Anti Virus Software is originated for your entire Computer, there may be some difficulties when switching from one User Account to another? Not sure how or why this happened to me. Thought I would spread the word.

Also, for any newbies to this site, please join and hook up with the rest of us. This is a site for all and sundry to exchange useful tips and info on how we can continue to work hard, to make an honest living. The more people that join, the stronger we become as a Unit to share our thoughts, and exchange information. Life is short, so lets share our wisdom.

xxx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2011

Longevity: 79%

i dont use any antivirus on the comp i use for pp eby simply because they are added to the trused list of some anti virus programmes like agv
the best protection program i ever came accross was one called deep freeze, it returns your pc to how it was before you used it, impossible to get any sort of virus but i dont think its any good to use on a p.c that you use to stealth.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-14-2011

Longevity: 78%

How does that work, with AVG or any others I mean?
Old 01-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

OP can you explain what you mean by difficulty creating user accounts, you mean you could not make them under control panel options??

I use avast on my computers that are used for accounts, I have not noticed any trusted ebay exclusions on there.
Old 01-16-2011

Sounds like they need to adjust their scan to the C drive or all drives, as it is only scanning individual or selected files if it is not going beyond the individual user files.

I know with AVG if I log into another account while a scan is running the scan still continues and although I have not checked with the new one I know the older version was always set to scan all drives as default.

It was the trusted sites one I was wondering about, from TizWoz, I was just wondering what difference that made, or what that did? It just seems a bit drastic not having antivirus.
I have to start adding names to my questions.
Old 01-16-2011

i don't have a clue what it actually does but my immediate guess that it gives eby and PP access to you computer not sure if its more than normal or not but anything that has eby and pp on there side i steer well clear off

i don't see why you would think not having an antivirus is a problem, like i said there are other types of programs that if used correctly are better like deep freeze.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-17-2011

Deep freeze is one of those for after the fact, but these days you can click on a link and be flooded with trojans and all sorts of destroyers that would do the damage before deep freeze was started.
Old 01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Deep freeze is one of those for after the fact, but these days you can click on a link and be flooded with trojans and all sorts of destroyers that would do the damage before deep freeze was started.
Are sure you know what your talking about ?

it makes you computer indestructible, well unless you hit it with an hammer or something.

Old 01-19-2011

Never used it just going off your comment

was one called deep freeze, it returns your pc to how it was before you used it

Which basically makes it sound like the return to start of day or last check point used by windows.

If it does more than that then let me know, I may give it a try but reading what it says about itself does not tell you much about what it does either, as it just sounds as if you are setting your user account to what ever none admin mode is, so you can't make any changes, which would be great for a network but problematic for a home computer.

Faronics Deep Freeze makes computers indestructible and prevents against unwanted workstation changes—regardless of whether they are accidental or malicious. Deep Freeze is proven to reduce helpdesk support incidents and allows IT personnel to focus on more strategic IT needs.