eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Does making a new computer user account clear cookies :) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/27467-does-making-new-computer-user-account-clear-cookies.html)

GemmaHatesEbay 01-25-2011 06:51 PM

Does making a new computer user account clear cookies :)

Hey y'all

my friend bought the stealth guide and i've been reading it.

NEW IP (CHECK)

NEW ADRESSE (CHECK)

NEW NAME (CHECK)

NEW CARD (CHECK)

NEW ACCOUNT (CHECK)

Nowww all I am confused about is cookies! I've gone through ALOT of effort and don't want them to mess me up.

by simply making a new user account on my PC will using the net under that automatically clear cookies or do I have to use a cookie clearer aswell as use a new user account?

Merci :)

jbluntz 01-25-2011 07:42 PM

A new user is clear of cookies, you login to the account on the new user and don't have to worry about clearing cookies, cookies don't leak between user acct's.

isitworththestress 01-26-2011 07:20 AM

And if you have to get to the point of a lot of new user accounts and your computer starts struggling you can use each browser in each of the new user accounts as a different account, as browsers do not make use of the cookies of another browser.

So you can use internet explorer for one account and firefox for another

worththewait 01-26-2011 09:44 AM

Would it be also possible to use a differant browser for each account, like using firefox for 1 account then explorer for another, opera, chrome etc etc. Would this be the same thing, as I think each browser stores its own cookies.

zjnkzjen 01-26-2011 10:45 AM

different user accounts on your OS = more accounts of ebay and pp :) :D

rsot 01-26-2011 11:11 AM

I am not sure about the browser deal - I tend to be safe and keep accounts all separate in user accounts - it's better in case you make mistake.

Red X 01-26-2011 11:36 AM

As far as the cookies go, everything is kept separately per user account.

holymoly 01-26-2011 05:51 PM

Users keep cookies seperate. Same user, you must clear cookies. If you are on seperate logins...no worries then!

isitworththestress 01-26-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worththewait (Post 199959)
Would it be also possible to use a differant browser for each account, like using firefox for 1 account then explorer for another, opera, chrome etc etc. Would this be the same thing, as I think each browser stores its own cookies.

Yeah that works. Cookies don't transfer between browsers.

But as others have suggested make sure you keep a record of where you sign in, although with most you can get them to remember your log in details so you would not really have to worry too much about that unless you constantly clean that sort of data from your computer, or do it by mistake.

I have never used Opera or Chrome so run a test on another site before trying them just in case they are built on top of one of the others.

irishman 01-30-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worththewait (Post 199959)

no it still tracks flash cookies. I loaded a video in google chrome on youtube turned the vol to the half way mark then copied the url into IE the video loaded with the vol at the half way mark. To verify this i emptied the cookies in both browsers and tried again this time muting the volume and this time the video loaded in muted state. - Came to the conclusion new user id is best(though not tested yet)

isitworththestress 01-30-2011 08:43 PM

Like Irishman suggested check first with the others, as they may be like chrome, which looks like it is built on top if IE.

jbluntz 01-30-2011 10:11 PM

If you use a virtual machine you won't need to install flash, I use 1 virtual machine with different users that way I never have to leave my main desktop :typing:

123 01-30-2011 10:48 PM

Jbluntz is correct use vmware with vm tools installed makes managing multiple accounts easy.

BiN4RY 01-30-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbluntz (Post 201196)
If you use a virtual machine you won't need to install flash, I use 1 virtual machine with different users that way I never have to leave my main desktop :typing:

Wow, I've never thought of such ingenious way. Sometimes, the simplest idea can be the most sophisticated solution I guess

isitworththestress 01-31-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbluntz (Post 201196)

Any suggestions or more info?

Never used them so just looking at them on google and not sure what I am looking at.

jbluntz 01-31-2011 06:14 AM

You can download vmware player for free after that you'll need the o/s installation disc of your choice, I use xp pro, takes up less space, install it on the machine, after that your good to go...

isitworththestress 01-31-2011 06:59 AM

I wonder how that would separate listing programs, or if it would?

jbluntz 01-31-2011 07:18 AM

I've never listed a program before so... not sure about that part :confused:
all I know is it works for me :brushteeth:

isitworththestress 01-31-2011 07:31 AM

I mean a listing program like auctionsplash it has no way to sign out, other than to sign into a different user, and you have to do the log in confirmation when you first use it for each user.

So I am just wondering if anyone has tried to use this to get round that or if it could be done?

jbluntz 01-31-2011 07:35 AM

If you read my post above, it said I use different users on the VM...

isitworththestress 01-31-2011 08:25 AM

I found one called virtual box that has a good help file explains the way it works, so it looks as if it is possible.

I could not figure how it would make two OS look like fifty but it explains it uses what it calls screen shots, that mean you basically look as if it is a different computer when using each screen shot.

ensignia 07-22-2011 03:07 PM

Someone mentioned in passing that certain sites are able to track the actual PC you use regardless of user accounts and what not.

I'm not sure if eB or PP do this, but that would certainly be annoying.