eBa y UK Store (aka eBay Shop) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-04-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default eBa y UK Store (aka eBay Shop)

To open a store in the .com (US site) you need a CC placed on file:

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/faq.html

But I see here:

How do I open an eBay Shop?

that for UK shops, a CC is not necessary. Mine has expired therefore I do not have a CC placed on file. Based on the provided web page, does it mean that I can open a store/shop in the UK site even if my cc has expired?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have never opened an eb ay shop so maybe my comments = useless to you. You have to be a registered business seller so some form of ID check is done (I guess you can come up with the info).

You would have to have some sort of payment info for them so why would you not get a valid CC? I don't understand your goal of dealing with an expired CC.

Maybe I am presuming but don't try to jump through too many hoops.
Old 04-04-2011

Longevity: 80%

To open a shop on eBay.co.uk, you just need to have a PP account linked to the eBay account. It doesn't have to be a verified PP, however EVERY eBay account (2/3) I've opened a shop on that the PP wasn't verified I've been hit with an MC and asked for Docs...(I like getting the MC's as it gets it out the way)

If you can't get creative and supply what they want I suggest you link a verified PP account before opened a shop!

Good Luck!
Old 04-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post
To open a shop on eBay.co.uk, you just need to have a PP account linked to the eBay account. It doesn't have to be a verified PP, however EVERY eBay account (2/3) I've opened a shop on that the PP wasn't verified I've been hit with an MC and asked for Docs...(I like getting the MC's as it gets it out the way)

If you can't get creative and supply what they want I suggest you link a verified PP account before opened a shop!

Good Luck!
All my accounts are PP verified. ;-)

Thanks for the responses! Very much appreciated!
Old 04-05-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

mevebay, i want to open up a uk shop myself, as that is what i was doing before, just wanted to know how long you leave it fromipening stealth acc to starting shop? i have 2 verified stealth, 1 has the 10-item a month selling limit until i build up buyer fback, the other one, which is a newer account, for some reason does not - since verifying bank account i have had no listing restrictions, i am trying to take it easy as it is less than a month old, i have just under 30 auctions up at the moment though, all genuine cds and stuff like that, so no risky items - not getting much for them but just a bit of pocket money waiting for account to age and ready to open shop when it does, any advice would be appreciated. cheers.
Old 04-05-2011

Longevity: 80%

Well alot of very experienced and respected members of the forum advise to start slowly. Is that 3 months before opening a shop?

However, my take on it is...would a real life business who decide to start selling on eBay, (whether they are an established offline/online business) go on eBay and think..."Ohh, I'll sell some stuff from home then in a few months start selling our stock"

No, they won't. My tactic is to go in guns blazing. Listing as much as possible, hitting all the dollar limits they place, calling up getting limits increased etc.

Works for me.

But everyone is different. Depends what your looking for. Alot of people want to avoid limitations/temporary suspensions etc. I prefer to get them over with at the start of the account. It hugely depends what you sell as well.
Old 04-06-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post
Well alot of very experienced and respected members of the forum advise to start slowly. Is that 3 months before opening a shop?

However, my take on it is...would a real life business who decide to start selling on eBay, (whether they are an established offline/online business) go on eBay and think..."Ohh, I'll sell some stuff from home then in a few months start selling our stock"

No, they won't. My tactic is to go in guns blazing. Listing as much as possible, hitting all the dollar limits they place, calling up getting limits increased etc.

Works for me.

But everyone is different. Depends what your looking for. Alot of people want to avoid limitations/temporary suspensions etc. I prefer to get them over with at the start of the account. It hugely depends what you sell as well.
how long have you had your accounts running them like this ?