Living in Wales - My Address in Welsh! lol - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne
Default Living in Wales - My Address in Welsh! lol

I was thinking today that changing your address slightly can help you survive on eBay/PayPal depending on how much different you have changed it from your suspended accounts.

Well I also thought that every street address in Wales has two variations to it. Spelt in English and spelt in Welsh. Now obviously an address is an address but at a glance, they would not look to be linked.

If a suspended account was 20 Birch Lane, well in Welsh that now becomes 20 Lon Y Fedwyn and at a glance it does not look similar at all...but mail would still arrive and you can prove address etc etc

Also does anyone know if it is possible to register it as Twenty Lon Y Fedwyn as apposed to 20 Lon Y Fedwyn? Because your same address goes from 20 Birch Lane to Twenty Lon Y Fedwyn lol

Just a thought...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Twenty vs 20 will not work - you will need digits for your address. The Lon Y Fedwyn is an excellent rework - make sure you vary the postal code too just to be safe (i doubt much scrutiny but hey, safe is better).

All the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ShadyOne (04-08-2011)
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Twenty vs 20 will not work - you will need digits for your address. The Lon Y Fedwyn is an excellent rework - make sure you vary the postal code too just to be safe (i doubt much scrutiny but hey, safe is better).

All the best.
Thanks for that.

On the post code, it isn't much of a rework, but say a post code was CF1 0XY and this postcode was suspended/linked. Well would it work if the new post code became CF1 OXY? Swapping a number for a letter lol :D

At a glance this time it is very similar but if eBay first uses an automatic method to filter possible similarities between accounts, well this may avoid that because they would not match eachother, doing this will also allow eBay users to return items because I have already tested this. Letter always get to me even if my post code contains a letter inplace of the number in the genuine post code!

...just another thought lol
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
I was thinking today that changing your address slightly can help you survive on eBay/PayPal depending on how much different you have changed it from your suspended accounts.

Well I also thought that every street address in Wales has two variations to it. Spelt in English and spelt in Welsh. Now obviously an address is an address but at a glance, they would not look to be linked.

If a suspended account was 20 Birch Lane, well in Welsh that now becomes 20 Lon Y Fedwyn and at a glance it does not look similar at all...but mail would still arrive and you can prove address etc etc

Also does anyone know if it is possible to register it as Twenty Lon Y Fedwyn as apposed to 20 Lon Y Fedwyn? Because your same address goes from 20 Birch Lane to Twenty Lon Y Fedwyn lol

Just a thought...

So Basically you feel that Paypal Does not have this Information,,,Hmmm

another thing,,what is the issue with Renting a Post box,,for a COMPLETELY New address?,,,,Don't you think that that would be Better?,,,I Do
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
So Basically you feel that Paypal Does not have this Information,,,Hmmm

another thing,,what is the issue with Renting a Post box,,for a COMPLETELY New address?,,,,Don't you think that that would be Better?,,,I Do
I know that! Not everyone is selling VERO items in thousands and after a different P.O. box every time they get suspended. A P.O. box is always an option but what If I am not selling that much every year? Why would I pay for it? Isn't a P.O. box sometimes like an IP address, at some time or other we know that an eBay member has been suspended using it :D lol

I just thought of this today and thought I would post it. PayPal might have information like that but it is whether or not somebody notices, if it is automatic and PayPal searches for accounts addresses similar in different spellings and languages then this will not work...but if it is not automatic and it is down to someone looking through potentially linked accounts then they may not realise...unless they speak Welsh lol
Old 04-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the autobot might work on the door number and postcode, like avs - that seems most likely, so the welsh road name change isnt important (hate having to spell those on envelopes, almost as bad as Dutch.)

The twenty as the house name, thats a good idea, except a manual check will spot that. I mean if you dont sell much and it is a low risk account, you may get a way with this format for years. How about a new house name altogether, you just need a sign put up. The rework of the postcode, will that come up as invalid as it has to be 0WY not OWY?

Are you living in or bordering wales?!
ShadyOne (04-08-2011)
Old 04-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
the autobot might work on the door number and postcode, like avs - that seems most likely, so the welsh road name change isnt important (hate having to spell those on envelopes, almost as bad as Dutch.)

The twenty as the house name, thats a good idea, except a manual check will spot that. I mean if you dont sell much and it is a low risk account, you may get a way with this format for years. How about a new house name altogether, you just need a sign put up. The rework of the postcode, will that come up as invalid as it has to be 0WY not OWY?

Are you living in or bordering wales?!
Thinking about it, almost certainly that if autobots are searching for suspended addresses to link with accounts, then door number and postode would be the search.

I thought about it only for if an account was being searched through by someone and not bots, suppose it is the bots we have to be ahead of though lol

OMG I was actually thinking about a house name lol would be a great idea, although it would mean I have to start altering my sign everytime I get suspended lol

If eBay or PayPal check to see if the Post Code is valid then the postcode trick would not work, but as for the twenty for 20, it came to me after remembering mail arriving with the word instead of the number.

Yeah I border England (Chester) so don't worry, I hate writing them damn Welsh addresses just as much as you, perhaps they are all suspended eBay members lol