Home Address BANNED - Alternatives in Getting Post? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Home Address BANNED - Alternatives in Getting Post?

By banned, I mean my eBay account was suspended, I was selling VeRO items on there, apparently, can't appeal.
But this was also my account with my REAL address on there (I have numerous Stealths for selling other goods). I used this one for buying stuff and getting it to my home address.

So I need to somehow get my stuff now? I can create a new account with a different name but same address? But might get me kicked off again.

Maybe vary the address slightly, but the postcode has to be the same, so again :(

I can't afford a PO Box right now at £60 a year, plus the Royal Mail office miles from me and I don't have access to a car all the time.

I heard you can somehow get a divert set up with Royal Mail (anyone know anything about this?). So I can say parcel to this "⊗⊗⊗⊗" address go to me? Or does the address have to be real?

Or my Paypal address can be real and I just inform sellers to post to that address, most do anyway right? (I do)

* My Paypal has been linked to numerous banned accounts already, I don't mind if I lose it, but after 3 accounts being banned with it intact to them (my fault for ban, not automatic link bans), I think its fine (well its not but you know)

Please any ideas, I don't mind if the account isn't kosha with all info and possible links as I will ONLY buy things on it, as long as the parcels get to me, won't do anything to attract attention.

Thanks for the help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

U'm - might sound silly but, couldn't you just email the seller and ask them to send the item to you at another address? Perhaps "I bought this for my mum, cam you send it direct to her at 23 Acasia Avenue, Sillytown PP1 0EB. I will of course leave you good feedback. Let me know if this is a problem, Best Regards, Shellshocker"

Or am I being too simplistic here.
Old 04-22-2011

Longevity: 77%

some sellers may not post to any address other than paypal. what i've done is created a new account with my same information, but i never sell on that account. I only buy. If you sell on that account again you will definetly get limited. Another way is to put a variation in your address craig road, 159 instead of 159 craig road..
Old 04-22-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Change everything else, stealth wise, apart from your address.
Old 04-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

I have a buyer account in my real details even though that address has also been suspended.

Its been going now for around 10 months and no problems. Its also linked to a 4 year old paypal account that has had several different ebay accounts attached to it and suspended but the paypal lived on.

Therefore ebays system is not 100% perfect and they might not limit you straight away for just making a buyer account.

The trick is to start off as you would with a seller account and make sure you pay on time and dont leave any items unpaid as this can draw extra scruitiny.
Old 04-22-2011

In Paypoo you can list other delivery addresses. If you are Mr A. Shellshock have it delivered to Mrs. G. Shellshock 23 Acasia Avenue. The post code alone will get you to a certain street so it could even be spelt Acasha Avenue - the post code will get it there (Would suggest you checkout the post code on the RM website first)

This really isn't a big deal - trust me on that, if you understand what I'm trying to say - just get it done and stop worrying.

I keep saying how new I am to ste alth but one thing I have learned is think outside the box.

I may be blonde but it's from a bottle !!
Old 04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ets View Post
some sellers may not post to any address other than paypal.
Then buy from someone else - simples
Old 04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
I have a buyer account in my real details even though that address has also been suspended.

Its been going now for around 10 months and no problems.
I actually do the same thing.

I use a different network for my real buyer account so I never make the mistake of using an IP linked to a stealth account.

Though I am thinking of leaving the 'real' limited eb ay alone forever and starting up just a buyer account using the same 'real' details.
Old 04-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post

Though I am thinking of leaving the 'real' limited eb ay alone forever and starting up just a buyer account using the same 'real' details.
But would those 'real details', even though it is just a buyers account, be enough for their little bots to bring unwanted attention to you?
Old 04-22-2011

^^Unlikely on just a buyers account.

Like I said, I am still using one of my limited eb ay accounts with real details to buy with at the moment.
Old 04-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

the bots dont seem to hunt you down as easily as they do with buyer accounts. Well they havnt with me anyway because mines with my real details.

Again it depends how you operate the account make sure you pay promptly for all your wins etc.

Whats to lose as long as you keep it un-linked from your other accounts.
Old 04-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll make my account for just buying with a variation of my real name and see if I can somehow vary my address so its not letter by letter perfect to the banned one, as grannytranny said, its the postcode and house number is all thats needed really.

If I remember right, don't need a bank account for a buyer account correct?
Old 04-22-2011

Quote:
its the postcode and house number is all thats needed really.
But don't you think this is what eb ay would search for to link accounts.

STILL. Doesn't really matter if it is just a buyer account.

Quote:
If I remember right, don't need a bank account for a buyer account correct?
You will have limits and will not be able to withdraw your money.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-22-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-22-2011
Threadstarter  

I thought that when you want to start selling it'll ask you for your bank details and does all the verification BS over the phone.

If you just do the buying, it won't even ask for the details if I remember correctly?