Restricted selling account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Restricted selling account

Hi I'm a bit confused.

My eBay account has been restricted for selling due to low scores on dispatch time. last month I was restricted to only being able to list 69 items and this month my accounts been restricted.
this all comes from all the bank holidays we had in April/may that buyers werent receiving their items quick.

I post all my items within a day of buying and also send messages to notify. It's very frustrating however I am still able to buy

I called eBay and the guy told me I can't use this account anymore to sell but can still use it to buy! He said that I can open another account and sell again and start from scratch and improve on my mistakes- As I haven't breached any policies etc

Is this true!?! Can I open another account?

EBay feedback structure is so messed up and I bet if we could leave buyers feedback they would think twice as to being petty with their feedback. But that's all another story...

Just before my Ban I sold a few items what if they left me High stars for dispatch time will it make a difference on the next evaluation?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum

You will need to be careful on the actual selling restriction. What was the specific notice.
Suspended from selling or suspended from selling indefinitely.

Did you by chance get the name of the ebay staffer? If so, keep a record of it
Until you confirm the specifics I would prefer not to answer. ( Too many variables)

Cheers
Old 07-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Unfortunately, because your seller performance is below standard under the UK seller performance standards programme, your selling account has been restricted. If you had any active listings prior to your restriction, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited. If you recently sold an item they can be found in the sold section of your My eBay.

You can still get your messages in My eBay, and of course, complete any outstanding transactions with your buyers, but you won't be able to list any more items. This action doesn't affect your buying account.

Please complete any outstanding transactions with this account.

That was the message they originally sent me...

Then I phoned up.
Old 07-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - you can open other accounts using stealth methods.

All the best.
Old 07-16-2011

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmayvonne View Post
Unfortunately, because your seller performance is below standard under the UK seller performance standards programme, your selling account has been restricted. If you had any active listings prior to your restriction, they have been removed and your selling fees will be credited. If you recently sold an item they can be found in the sold section of your My eBay.

You can still get your messages in My eBay, and of course, complete any outstanding transactions with your buyers, but you won't be able to list any more items. This action doesn't affect your buying account.

Please complete any outstanding transactions with this account.

That was the message they originally sent me...

Then I phoned up.

you should leave it a month and go on ebay live chat and see if its a permanent restriction
Old 07-17-2011

Longevity: 76%

This sounds pretty permanent to me "you won't be able to list any more items" etc. Sounds very similar to my situ... they limit your account to xx number of items, yet in order to improve and not be banned 3 months down the line, you are actually required to sell OVER the xx limit set in place..... by ebay themselves! i.e. they trap you: "in order to not be restricted, you need to improve in this DSR". But the selling limiations they themselves have placed on you are the very things that prevent you from having enough sales to improve the DSR in question!

I genuinely do not understand how ebay are allowed to do that: isn't it, quite literally, entrapment? I'm positive that you are not allowed to limit someone's account by way of allowing them to only count to 5, then tell them in order to be allowed to count to 10, they have to count to 6 first. When it is them who have only allowed you to count to 5. They have set up a physical, logistical impossibility. I'm amazed.

Bizarre response though your first one that you can set up a new account... I agree with the poster above... you wanna try and grab that person's name! I've tirelessly written emails, calls, and everything else under the sun explaining this entrapment (further to my admirable ebay history/feedback/etc), and no luck. As for live chat... oh my goodness that was the worst.... just a total waste of time, I'd say this is bottom of the list out of the call/email/livechat options.
Old 07-20-2011

Longevity: 76%

Any luck with opening that new account, emmayvonne?