what postage company do you use? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default what postage company do you use?

im getting to the point where i am selling 40-80 items a week and as you can imagine, it can be really time consuming, creating the postage lables, taking them to the post office, having to wait at the que etc.

currentley i use royal mail online postage, which is really time consuming and so useless as you can only print 4 labels per page at a time, and repeat this process again and again, entering the details, and wieght etc

i wanted to know does anyone know of any better options?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 80%

PayPal postage will save you the time of having to type all the details in.

Also you can hide the postage costs...get much better DSR's that way!
Old 08-06-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

My post office told me though Paypal posting gives proof of posting, not proof of customer receipt?
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 74%

Depends on which postage service you use, for special delivery, recorded delivery and parcel force 48 if you but the postage through PayPal then it will automatically upload the tracking number and email the buyer when it has been sent and auto update when it has been received, it is a bit more hassle using PP for postage but it saves a lot more hassle when they decide to ask for tracking numbers / proof of postage as they already have it

There are other services such as parcel monkey and parcel to go which are a but cheaper but I think that it makes the PP and eBay accounts stronger for using PP postage as they like to know that things have been delivered and basically percieve that they are in control of everyone and everything!
Old 08-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meVebay View Post
PayPal postage will save you the time of having to type all the details in.

Also you can hide the postage costs...get much better DSR's that way!
yeah but you still have to print off the labels, enter the weight one by one. Also it prints on only one part of the a4 paper and the rest is wasted.
With Royal mail online postage you can have 4 labes to one piece of paper.

There must be a better solution to this.

I was thinking of makinga suggestion to paypal on how to improve the service, it would be much better if we could enter all details i.e weight, what service etc and then all the labels are created in one single go and ready to be printed off at the end rather than having to repeat it for several items.
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

...Canada Post (end of derailing)
Old 08-06-2011

how about getting a thermal printer which might be faster to print.
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 76%
Cool My postage company does not even exist!!!!!

My postage company does not even exist!!!!!

I have never paid a penny piece for posting since my mate told me to stop selling dope and look into eb years ago......

So I did... and with my knowledge and contacts I made over the years, devised a way to never pay for posting - no matter what weight.

No way will I ever tell anyone as I feel it is only me and my 3 buddies that are doing this since the last few years.

You can imagine the savings.

Dont mind if people dont believe me as this is a biggie and prob will not compute in many peeps brain. I have had only 7 things not turn up over last 6 years.... use legit postal companies and many more items go missing as we all know.... and to be honest, I loose 1 item per year on average using my system - which is naff all.

I am happy to sell my bits and bobs only if approved by this site, which I doubt as you are suppost to pay for post! - cost is thousands by the ways as the saving are massive as you can imagine and its UK only.

As always... hardcore, you know the score

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 08-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
...Canada Post (end of derailing)

Service be slow but steady,eh Lumberjack
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 90%

I use royal mail using the paypal link as this sometimes works out cheaper than if I were to take it to the post office and have them weigh it and overcharge me by telling me the wrong price, for large items I have started using Collect +, you can send a moderate size package within the UK up to 5kg for £4.99, but they can take up to 5 days! For overseas parcels I have used a company called Interparcel, you can choose to send stuff via DHL via them etc, and it works out much cheaper than Parcel2Go - I sent a package to Australia for £19.99 and they collected it from my home Friday lunchtime, the guy in Australia received it on Monday morning!! Parcel2Go wanted to charge me £39.99 for the exact same deal with DHL!!! Also in the past I have bought parcel deliveries by doing an eBay search as you can find some good deals there too,

Johnny
Old 08-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend View Post
My postage company does not even exist!!!!!

I have never paid a penny piece for posting since my mate told me to stop selling dope and look into eb years ago......

So I did... and with my knowledge and contacts I made over the years, devised a way to never pay for posting - no matter what weight.

No way will I ever tell anyone as I feel it is only me and my 3 buddies that are doing this since the last few years.

You can imagine the savings.

Dont mind if people dont believe me as this is a biggie and prob will not compute in many peeps brain. I have had only 7 things not turn up over last 6 years.... use legit postal companies and many more items go missing as we all know.... and to be honest, I loose 1 item per year on average using my system - which is naff all.

I am happy to sell my bits and bobs only if approved by this site, which I doubt as you are suppost to pay for post! - cost is thousands by the ways as the saving are massive as you can imagine and its UK only.

As always... hardcore, you know the score

are you saying you have never payed for postage?

i sort of do believe you, royal mail is so easy to manipulate, there are ways of paying the LEAST amount of postage but i dont know of ways of completely not paying for postage though.
Old 08-06-2011

^ its not royalmail... its a company we made up years ago! I would not advise messing with RM.
Old 08-06-2011
Threadstarter  

anyone have any experience with despatchbay? they say they are fully integarted with ebay.

does anyone know how PPI works? and what it involves?
The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy For This Useful Post:
Buffet (04-19-2016)
Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend View Post
^ its not royalmail... its a company we made up years ago! I would not advise messing with RM.
I have to send out RM 1st Class Recorded. It is really slow and boring have to go in to the PO physically everytime. Unfortunately it is essential as it safeguards slightly against RM stealing and the buyers stealing the items.

Sent out hundreds with none not having arrived. As soon as I were to switch to not recorded, then all of a sudden items would "miraculously" not arrive...
Old 08-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay King View Post
I have to send out RM 1st Class Recorded. It is really slow and boring have to go in to the PO physically everytime. Unfortunately it is essential as it safeguards slightly against RM stealing and the buyers stealing the items.

Sent out hundreds with none not having arrived. As soon as I were to switch to not recorded, then all of a sudden items would "miraculously" not arrive...
i agree with you, im looking for a less time consuming, faster alternative!
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@GB, you know it - though our air mail has progressed to include a strong and colourful pigeon force...
Old 08-09-2011

Longevity: 80%

I use my local village post office, I drop packages off in the morning before work and leave them with some money and collect the receipts and change the next day, takes all of 5 mins!

Start going to a smaller post office and get to know them, I used to give them free stuff to keep them sweet. Stuff such as eggs from our chickens etc lol!
Old 08-09-2011

Oh my god, eggs???

No offence, but I could never do that where I live.

I have to rotate between up to 10 different post offices. For me, I like to keep slightly stealth even when posting the stuff. Might give an added layer of security and privacy.
Old 08-11-2011

Longevity: 74%

Open a royal mail OBA (online business account) there is an option that you put all your domestic packets in a bag, and you pay for the avarage weight. also its like 20% cheaper then posting at the post office. also you pay monthly. you just have to leave your items at the post office (avoid queue). just have to register with them (they do credit check, they will need a landline number belongs to you.

hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to trilade For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (08-11-2011)
Old 08-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilade View Post
Open a royal mail OBA (online business account) there is an option that you put all your domestic packets in a bag, and you pay for the avarage weight. also its like 20% cheaper then posting at the post office. also you pay monthly. you just have to leave your items at the post office (avoid queue). just have to register with them (they do credit check, they will need a landline number belongs to you.

hope this helps
do you currently use this? how do you print off the 1st class postage labels?

It does not solve the issue of having to take many postal sacks to the post office though. although i sometimes book royal maill one off collections, where they come pick up the items from you.
Old 08-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

I also mainly just use Royal Mail, online postage and drop them off at the Sorting Office, instead of Post Office.
Old 08-11-2011

Hiya young Jedi