Mc019 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Mc019

Hey All, recently joined these forums after becoming suspicious about ebay and deciding to start up on stealth. Now last week I got a MC109 on a five year old account on which I started selling part time around a year ago, and as a result I was fortunate to escape with a slap on the wrist i.e. just a breach of ebay seller policy in my dashboard.

Now ebay have stated that the breach will be cleared if I dont breach any more policies until Nov '11. However the problem is that i was selling authentic sports t shirts but they were from the US and not available in the UK, hence why i was making some money.

I wanted to know is, if I contact the vero company by email, is there a chance they will notify ebay to reverse their decision? Also there are other listing where the items are clearly ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (i.e. item located in China!) but somehow they never get taken down.

Heres a copy of the email below.
P.S. this was under my real account.

Thanks

Dear xxx(xxx@yahoo.co.uk),

Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, ???., notified eBay that this listing breaches intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of breach, we remove the listing to comply with the law.
Questions about the specific violation should be addressed to ???, Inc.
You can send an email to: ???@companyemailaddress.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, please visit the following Help page:

How eBay Protects Intellectual Property (VeRO)

Unfortunately, the following item(s) breached one or more of our policies and had to be removed from the site.

??? - ###

Any associated fees have been credited to your account and any bidders on this item have been notified.

Why did we remove your listing?

Trademark infringement is unlawful and breaches eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorised replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorised by that company, don't sell it on eBay. The rights owner for the item you listed sent us a signed legal statement telling us that your item infringed their copyright, trademark or other rights. We were therefore legally obliged to remove the listing.

If you have any questions about the removal of your listing please contact the rights owners directly.

Please note: Using a trademark without the trademark owner's permission may infringe that trademark. For this reason, eBay prohibits members listing items which bear a trademark but are not made or authorised by the trademark owner.

For more information copy this link into a new browser window:

eBay: Redirect

We do this in order to keep the site safe for all members, and sometimes this means removing certain listings.

The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed it successfully, please review your alerts and messages in My eBay for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members and participants in the VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) Programme, and we rely on these reports to help keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

We appreciate your membership of our community, so please keep in mind that repeatedly listing items that breach our policies may lead to the suspension of your account.

Here's what to do if you have further questions:

1) To find out more about our intellectual property policies and VeRO take eBay's brief tutorial by copying this link into a new browser window:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

2) You may also find it useful to read the "Why eBay May Remove Your Listing" Help page by copying this link into a new browser window:

eBay: Redirect

3) If your item was ended by the VeRO programme, and you think the listing was removed in error have a look at the rights owner's About Me page to review their infringement policies. Then, if you still think that your listing was removed in error, please contact the rights owner and let them know.

If you still have questions after reading this information, you can contact eBay by clicking "Contact Us" on any eBay Help page.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.
Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H5261
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2011

The company will want proof that the item you are selling is authentic. You will have to give them invoices showing they were purchased by an authorized dealer. They are not going to take your word for it.

If others are selling knockoffs, they will eventually be taken down. Focus on your account. Have a stealth account ready to go!
Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Also, even if you are selling authentic ones they are going to say they are not from them so you are not allowed to sell them. Either way you are not going to be able to sell them on ebay any more.

These VERO reps know that they only place you can get their items is via them direct so anyone selling them that they arent aware of are in the wrong.

Thats just how it works. good luck. I would definitely not contact them though as it might bring up a can of worms you dont want. They might be something that was obtained illegally and sold to you. you never know. you just dont want to find out that way.
Old 08-11-2011

I wouldn't call either. KingRay has a good point! Move on...
Old 08-11-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks for all your replies, how about appealing just for the sake of it ... better to plead innocent than not to plead at all? no?

I guess even if you do submit the invoices they can just turn around and say that you don't have license to sell their stuff, etc, so theres no winning! Looks like I'll have to create a few stealth accounts, and use this current one sparingly until my stealths mature!
Old 08-11-2011

If it worked, we wouldn't all be here.
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

yep your probably right .. its funny how much more leighway ebay you would give if you had pay their business a/c fees
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

read the thread below.

If you can prove you have the right to sell the items, then file a counter-claim. ONLY proceed, if you have your back covered, all the i's dotted & t's crossed. No point to claim you can sell an 'real' item if its sale is banned in the country of listing.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/97...hallenged.html