What happens if I don't reimburse eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Angry What happens if I don't reimburse eBay?

In June, a buyer opened up an eBay case against me, claiming that he hadn't received the item he'd bought. The case was only closed a few days ago, in the buyer's favour.

eBay said that they had already refunded the buyer, to the total of £54. They have now passed the matter over to PayPal, who are seeking the full amount from me as reimbursement. They had set up a pending Instant Bank Transfer, which I promptly cancelled. I have tried removing my bank accounts from my PayPal account, but I am unable to while the IBT is still pending.

I am unwilling to pay this reimbursement, and I am keen to know what will happen if I do not pay. The only information I have in the e-mail from PayPal is this:

"You are now requested to reimburse the refund amount to eBay. Please note that if you do not reimburse the full amount to eBay, your eBay selling privileges may be restricted or removed."

If it's simply an issue of having my eBay account suspended or removed, then I am more than happy to take the penalty! Otherwise, I'd like to know what my options are. Thank you, in advance, for your advice!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomaggoo View Post
In June, a buyer opened up an eBay case against me, claiming that he hadn't received the item he'd bought. The case was only closed a few days ago, in the buyer's favour.

I am unwilling to pay this reimbursement, and I am keen to know what will happen if I do not pay. The only information I have in the e-mail from PayPal is this:

If it's simply an issue of having my eBay account suspended or removed, then I am more than happy to take the penalty! Otherwise, I'd like to know what my options are. Thank you, in advance, for your advice!

Why? did you try to resolve the matter with the buyer? Did you not care?

No.it's NOT simply an issue of getting your ebay suspended. That amount will be passed to paypal collections. paypal will attempt to recoup the funds.
So for a miserable £54 you can expect letters, calls and being annoyed by them.

It's a part of doing business we might lose a round. You need to carefully review your options and reasons. No way would I bother to ruin my ebay account for £54.00
My advice (polite at this point) is pay the money and move on. Good Luck.
Old 09-27-2011
Threadstarter  

I did try and resolve the matter with the buyer - as I said, the case was opened in June. I am by no means a business seller - I was merely selling off a few old possessions that I no longer had any need for. In my initial post, I had started to detail the story of the transaction with the seller, but I felt it might be seen as unnecessary to members of this forum. To be perfectly honest, I am unwilling to reimburse this amount because I feel that the buyer is being dishonest about whether or not he received his item.

As I said, I am by no means a business seller, so if it means losing my personal eBay account (which is hardly ever in use anymore) then I would rather they just closed my account.

Can PayPal take this amount by force from my bank account?
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

paypal will attempt to get the funds back, most surely.

You are missing the point.

Whilst I have every sympathy for you being out of pocket £54, you are opening yourself up to having this go to collections.

If your revenge is that important let that happen.
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - GB has given solid advice and discussion.
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 75%

The reality is that for £54 they will not let the dogs loose on you. They would not be able to sell that debt and they would not go further than a nasty letter and maybe a phone call or two.

The economy at the moment is FUBAR and all debt collection and debt purchasing companies are having to look at how they do business. A friend of mine owed B/card 15k and offered the debt collectors £1500 in full and final settlement. They of course refused it until they realised he had no assets that they could get their hands on and no property to charge. They eventually settled for £1100 in full and final.

It depends how you want to play it but your credit report is going to get seriously messed up for £54 - is it worth it? - only you know that. Personally I would pay them and move on.
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 81%

GrannyT - It will depend if they care about their credit report, personally I could not care less about my credit report and it's rating. I can't see myself ever wanting credit, the credit card companies are a rip off, same with loans and mortgages
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 75%

No argument from me there ryanba - the OP was looking for consequences and advise. I'm not interested in the morals from the OPs position, just the consequences - the only consequence I can see is a messed up credit report. Your choice OP
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 76%

If you dont pay.......

1. Lose PayPal account
2. Possibly lose ebay account
3. GUARANTEED to effect credit score
4. Will be sent to collections in which you will have to pay anyways

so basically you can keep waiting until the sh!t hits the fan or just pay now when you will have to pay anyways, so just avoid all the sh!t and pay
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
The reality is that for £54 they will not let the dogs loose on you. They would not be able to sell that debt and they would not go further than a nasty letter and maybe a phone call or two.

It depends how you want to play it but your credit report is going to get seriously messed up for £54 - is it worth it? - only you know that. Personally I would pay them and move on.
The reality is that they WILL attempt to get the debt resolved. And they sell off debts for amounts starting from £10.00

Hence my posts were directed at resolving the matter.

State of the economy has nowt to do with a £54 debt.
Old 10-19-2011

the best thing is to send items over 20-30£ recorded so the buyers cannot win case item not received .It has happened to me many times.Buyer open case item not received the next day in the morning after payment and when i have sent it.And the bad thing is they always win if you havent sent it recorded .There are lot of scamers in ebay doing this.Buying then open case item not received in ebay or directly in paypal.i was selling items under10£ never recorded and always lost this cases.Paypal sucks

In your case ,as i can see ,you are in UK so you may find some way not to pay this 54£ but you will definitely ruin your credit score which is most important for me as UK citizen .Its up to you
The Following User Says Thank You to ares8008 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-19-2011)
Old 10-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I have never heard of £54 touching your credit report, not that it has happened to me, but just via forum, nothing, are you sure about this, thought they only sold 3 figure and over sums????
Old 10-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

might be in order
Old 10-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote: