Ebay Verification? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Ebay Verification?

I am very confused when it comes to the who adresss & ID verification saga..

I have read through literally hundreds of forums and posts about the process and yet still dont know what the safest thing to do is...

I mean the one forum post i read was that they use COMPLETELY made up addresses taken straight from the yellow pages... so the address exists (just not to you.)

Then another forum post says you should use someone who is related or knows you, but make sure they have never been suspended or limited and that they know you are using there infomation...

And lastly in this post they talk about 'using photoshop' and basically forging your id & address because ebay doesnt really check your documents, they merely skim through them...

So i guess my question boils down to this:
how do you register multiple ebay accounts with different names and addresses and still be able to supply the documents they require in order to pass this verification process, if i simply chose a random name and address??
I mean surely if the name and address you choose is random, then obviously this means you will not have the documents they require?

Does that mean that when you create an account they gets flagged for verification that its safer to just leave it be and try again with the new ip etc...

Perhaps im just missing the plot somewhere...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2011

Longevity: 72%

-Use a REAL address that YOU have access to (FedEx Box, USPS box without the PO, other box services. Make sure the "PO" is something you can bypass.)
-If verification of documents are required, you can easily photoshop that.
-Once you hit the 200 sales /$2,000 mark, then you are going to need to ether provide a SSN (if not used before) or an EIN.
-Make sure to make an account that is built to last (no foo-foo items), because you shouldnt have too many EINs
-DO NOT use other people SSN, Info, etc, because eventually you will need to pay taxes.

Last edited by RedShootingStar; 09-30-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
-Use a REAL address that YOU have access to (FedEx Box, USPS box without the PO, other box services. Make sure the "PO" is something you can bypass.)
-If verification of documents are required, you can easily photoshop that.
-Once you hit the 200 sales /$2,000 mark, then you are going to need to ether provide a SSN (if not used before) or an EIN.
-Make sure to make an account that is built to last (no foo-foo items), because you shouldnt have too many EINs
-DO NOT use other people SSN, Info, etc, because eventually you will need to pay taxes.
Hey, thanks for the response, however i am in the UK so i have no clue about half the abbreviated words you are quoting here
Old 09-30-2011

what do we have gogle for??))) PO - Post Box
Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by durdajan View Post
what do we have gogle for??))) PO - Post Box
Honestly, please read his full post before insulting my intelligence!

I will elborate for you in detail here...

I am from the UK (UNITED KINGDOM FOR YOUR REFERENCE)

We do not use nor have i heard of EIN, SSN ETC...

And OBVIOUSLY since mail is something everyone gets worldwide, I would KNOW what a P.O Box is...
Old 09-30-2011

yep, exactly what I meant, try google for ssn and ein, many people in THE UK use it))
Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by durdajan View Post
yep, exactly what I meant, try google for ssn and ein, many people in THE UK use it))
What rubbish is you are talking?

Many people in THE UK use ssn and ein.

Silly advice. Stop giving it.

There is no ssn or ein in the UK.

Anyone who used GOOGLE would know that
Old 09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What rubbish is you are talking?

Many people in THE UK use ssn and ein.

Silly advice. Stop giving it.

There is no ssn or ein in the UK.

Anyone who used GOOGLE would know that
many people in THE UK use google for ssn and ein when they don't know what it stands for. hope it's clear now which was obvious from the begining, wasnt it

it doesn't matter if they use it in the UK or not, see, when you ancounter smth you don't know you just open google, copy/past and get it. if google can't help you, you then ask people for the answer and they in turn open google and do a deeper search and provide you with the answer.

Last edited by durdajan; 09-30-2011 at 08:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to durdajan For This Useful Post:
gator44 (10-01-2011)
Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Above post says it correctly. First post did not.

Move on NOW.

Also part of the confusion was from a US user kindly helping someone. Your post(s) lacked a little kindness. That might be language differences but it's resolved now.
Old 10-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
I am very confused when it comes to the who adresss & ID verification saga..

I have read through literally hundreds of forums and posts about the process and yet still dont know what the safest thing to do is...

I mean the one forum post i read was that they use COMPLETELY made up addresses taken straight from the yellow pages... so the address exists (just not to you.)

Then another forum post says you should use someone who is related or knows you, but make sure they have never been suspended or limited and that they know you are using there infomation...

And lastly in this post they talk about 'using photoshop' and basically forging your id & address because ebay doesnt really check your documents, they merely skim through them...

So i guess my question boils down to this:
how do you register multiple ebay accounts with different names and addresses and still be able to supply the documents they require in order to pass this verification process, if i simply chose a random name and address??
I mean surely if the name and address you choose is random, then obviously this means you will not have the documents they require?

Does that mean that when you create an account they gets flagged for verification that its safer to just leave it be and try again with the new ip etc...

Perhaps im just missing the plot somewhere...
Yes I'm afraid you are missing the plot somewhat.

There are many ways in the UK to set up accounts that do not need documentation but only if you are prepared to spend time and money on research and getting all your little ducks in a row.

The days of 'slash and burn' accounts are behind us now. Ebay have to be seen to be doing something about the foo foo sellers and so they put in place more hoops for us to jump through.

You need to change your mindset a little bit. Instead of thinking how can I get this document or that document think about how you can create a scenario where Ebay will not ask you for IDENTITY documents.

Once you have that right in your mind you can then go on to create the profile you will need.

I only run business accounts. I reckon it takes me 6 months and costs between £200 and £500 to create an account that runs as free and clear as it is possible to do. I am prepared to make that investment because I know what I will make at the end of it. Some win, some lose - but 75% get through and become successful accounts!!

You can buy accounts from good sellers on this forum and the 'purple people' will help point you in the right direction for documentation issues - that is the quickest way to get up and running.

Try thinking outside the box and away from personal names
Old 10-04-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

I set up more than 10 different PayPal/eBay accounts when I first started, using various methods, before I first passed verification on any account. I chose not to spend time on documents for verification etc but instead decided to focus on other basic factors of stealth. Starting at the beggining.
Old 10-04-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
I set up more than 10 different PayPal/eBay accounts when I first started, using various methods, before I first passed verification on any account. I chose not to spend time on documents for verification etc but instead decided to focus on other basic factors of stealth. Starting at the beggining.
lol that narrows it down...
Old 10-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

bottom line is that how NOT to get asked for docs is not something that will be discussed on open forum, it is a very limited and method and if I were you I would not chase it. That is all I am saying. Reason is because it will get patched and or overused....sorry, maybe pm is best for this.

docs are something you have to be prepared to submit in any case, if you go stealth, NO account is immune, there are ways round this.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-04-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
bottom line is that how NOT to get asked for docs is not something that will be discussed on open forum, it is a very limited and method and if I were you I would not chase it. That is all I am saying. Reason is because it will get patched and or overused....sorry, maybe pm is best for this.
all this secrecy is funny, any eb worker can buy the book, get the pass and he is in there reading all this top level secret stuff.
only to squeeze some p from the people, this is the reason.
come on they are sure here reading all this. and instead of pushing people to buy the book they'd better hide those pretty flags, at least for countries where there are 2-3 sellers only...
Old 10-09-2011

Longevity: 76%

You obviously have not understood what has been said here
Old 10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
You obviously have not understood what has been said here
who? please explain what you mean anyway