NEW EBAY VERIFICATION SUSPENSIONS- MC010 - MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default NEW EBAY VERIFICATION SUSPENSIONS- MC010 - MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension

If you start a new stealth eBay account now you **WILL** be hit with one of these two suspensions.

If you receive an MC010 suspension this is a "soft" identity verification email. If you respond within 48 hours and call them then they will typically just clear you over the phone.

If you wait more than 48 hours after receiving an MC010 you will be hit with an MC169 and this will *REQUIRE* a copy of your driver's license and a recent utility bill.

Sometimes you receive an MC169 without an MC010.

Sometimes you receive and MC010 or MC169 more than once (Two of my accounts went through verification 3 times).

If you are suspended you can still withdraw from Paypal. It does not appear that Paypal cares as much about these suspensions as they do about others. I have never had a limitation problem after about 30 different accounts going through this process.

PROCESS:

You have to fax the documents in. The approximate turnaround time is a week (quickest has been 5 days and one account took over 2 weeks).

This is a pain in the butt more than anything. Have your ID and utility bills ready BEFORE you are suspend because you will be and it is best to be ready.

On the plus side, I have not had a Paypal limitation on ANY accounts that have gone through eBay MC010 or MC169 verifications *YET*. I will keep you posted on this.

I decided to start an official thread on this since many people have questioned this suspension and no one has provided much relevant information yet. Please feel free to add or subtract as you feel appropriate.

Good luck.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

One more thing:

These suspensions are not triggered because you "list too fast". I don't list anything on ANY of my accounts until they reach a min. 90 days of age. I had one 90+ day account with ONE $9.99 item receive an MC010 hours after posting ONE item. All of my accounts are peerlessly created and are 100% stealth. This is just a new verification tool and all accounts will eventually get hit with them.
Old 12-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Yeah these are a major pain in the ass
Old 12-07-2009

Longevity: 95%

Yeah its something that got you flagged!
Old 12-07-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It is something they do on *ALL* new accounts now. I know this for a fact.
Be careful about what you post
Old 12-07-2009

Longevity: 84%

I was planning on creating a new account tonight to let age - crap crap
Old 12-07-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

i got hit with one of these with a stealth i let sit about 9 months or more.

unfortunately, i cant verify them because i made them back then with female names (im male), and there are periods/dashes in the address to make them seem different , that wouldn't hold up under human scrutiny

i did notice something though. my $300 withdrawl from a day before was reversed, and my paypal was limited a day later. they didnt even wait for the 48 hours like they wrote ( they literally pulled that on me at 3pm on friday, when they keep normal business hours. its absurd)
Old 12-08-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

. I got this straight from the eBay reps I talk to. I play dumb and ask questions to get information. ALL NEW SELLING ACCOUNTS receive this limitation. It doesn't necesarily come after you list your first item. Sometimes they will get you after a month with 30 feedbacks. Once you hit a certain level and you trigger their flag then they will nail you. There are internal limits that you don't know about placed on your account. When you cross that limit they hit you with one of these suspensions.

Here is another example of an email they sent to one of my new accounts:

FR0RC002 Regarding your eBay account (KMM1030xxxxxxxxx77L0KM)

Add star
eBay Customer Support - rswebhelp
<rswebhelp@ebay.com> Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 4:43 AM
To: xxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for selling on eBay.

I'm pleased to let you know that your selling limits have been raised.
You can now have up to $7000 of open merchandise at a time on your eBay
selling account.

We are committed to reducing both fraud and negative buying experiences.
To maintain a safe marketplace, we sometimes request additional
identification, or restrict a seller’s activity. These limits are not
meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a
preventative measure.

Similar to a credit card, we have limits in place on each eBay account
to help prevent fraud and also allow accounts to grow at a
pre-determined level. Unfortunately we see accounts that grow so fast
that the account owner is unable to keep up with the sales and leaves
the site prematurely. We want to avoid both situations, and account
limits help us do this.

If an account reaches these limits, we are more than happy to review and
potentially raise these limits. In most situations, we require
additional verification in the form of proof of identity as well as
invoices for the products being listed.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Mikaya

eBay Customer Support
Trust and Safety Operations

Last edited by alphaversa; 12-08-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2009

yeah ebay reps as well as paypal reps are know to lie alot so i would'nt take what the say to serious. We are cattle to them and they will only tell you what they want you to hear. they do limt and verfiy you 2 or 3 months down the line then heck ditch the account and make a new one its that simple. Its just like all paypal accounts will get limted one time or another and ask for ssn's but do u think that stops people.

I got a account right now thats last over 1 month alrdy with like 50+ feedback and it hasnt been picked for verfaction but then again i list like 20 items at once on that one.

Like aspkin says Dont Put All Your Eggs In One Basket

Last edited by doughboykilla; 12-08-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-08-2009

Longevity: 85%

reps definately lie!

My volume of sales see my accounts limited within a few weeks whatever....

That's the great thing about stealth - the accounts are throw-away. I've usually got eveything I wanted out of them by the time the flags go up.

CaptainJack
Old 12-08-2009

Yeah important rule to remeber when useing ebay your only there for one thing and thats Makeing Money. Like me im not there to see how long my accounts last or how many feedback i get or get socialy stable in the ebay communty. Im there to make as much money as i can and as fast as i can before getting banned or limted. I have to get my moneys worth out of each id i have :D
Old 12-08-2009

I think part of this is they are doing name, birthdate and address checks automatically for new sellers. So stealth accounts get flagged quickly and easily with ebay's new system when your name and address do not match on their new database they pull from.....its crazy cause it's almost like they are doing soft credit checks with only a name and address and sometimes birthdate.

We think we found a way around this though for new stealth accounts PM me and I will share. If you have less than 100 post don't bother I won't reply tired of the road blocks being put up from too much info being put out for trolls to see. If you find the info helps add a thank you to the post:D

For every time they find a way to make it safer for their business (eBay) there can be a work around that makes it easier to look safe to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONE For This Useful Post:
kecs (03-09-2010)
Old 12-08-2009

Hmm that would work except people move all the time so they really cant base it on the name and address not matching. I dont think ebay can access dob that is like accessing ssn and other personal info. Only info they could get onlne to check you is name and address and phone #'s unless they got access to the dmv database or other agencys like that.
Old 12-08-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Reps lie a lot but for a pro like myself I know how to weed through the bullcrap.

And I'm not debating what I have found to be facts. Unless you sell next to nothing, your account WILL be limited and asked for identification if you are new.

Also, good point about the soft credit checks. They definitely do this when they put you on hold after you call in. When they can't pin point you then they ask for the drivers license and utility bill.
Old 12-08-2009

They been doing this for along time like almost a year ago i had listed on ebay and the employee called me to verfiy this and that and i didnt answare and they just banned the account instead of limting it. I guess they pissed off to many users so they started limting them instead of banning them.
Old 12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Hmm that would work except people move all the time so they really cant base it on the name and address not matching. I dont think ebay can access dob that is like accessing ssn and other personal info. Only info they could get onlne to check you is name and address and phone #'s unless they got access to the dmv database or other agencys like that.
Yeah well its happening now and its a huge change for the stealth account makers, holders and users. Either put out or get out is how they are treating newbie sellers....put out proof of who you are by either answering questions pertaining to the person's info you just gave by answering questions via phone or fax over a dl and copy of bill.....if you can't do one or the other your out from what I have been seeing lately. I don't do amazon but man its starting to sound like the bay is tightening the vise just like them.

Im sure ebay has studied the statistics they know everyone starts out as a buyer and Im sure they have changed some things likw maybe where if you have been a buyer with maybe 20 plus feedback and account 6-9 months old they won't bother you which is fine for a lot of normal regular new sellers but for the guys who hit it and forget it selling wise by burning through newer accounts it means the beginning of the end.

Last edited by ONE; 12-08-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-08-2009

everyone who pm'ed me just sent you all a reply.
Old 12-08-2009

I would'nt worry to much about it theres always a way Just like in the past when ever ebay makes a moat around the castle we always seem to find away to make a bridge across it :D
Old 12-09-2009

On the other hand, I sold 2 Nike shoes ranging from 300-400 on my 1 month old account and never had a problem. They were also my first items. (Created the account on June 18, 2009. Listed the 2 Nike shoes on July 16 and 17.) So IDK what you guys are selling. Must be software or something. I don't think they would limit someone for VERO on a new account specially when they only let you list 2-3 VERO items per month.

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 12-09-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2009

yeah like with me out of 4 ids i made the past month only one got hit with the verification. I think it depends on what u sale and maybe the street address u use on ebay. The address i use are not real so that could be what gave me away.
Old 12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
yeah like with me out of 4 ids i made the past month only one got hit with the verification. I think it depends on what u sale and maybe the street address u use on ebay. The address i use are not real so that could be what gave me away.
Correct! Thanks for reminding me about this one. This is one of the reasons also and it causes trouble because I used to do this about 1+ years ago until I finally got the idea to start using real names and addresses from The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 12-09-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2009

yeah it sucks haveing to use real info cause it could be considerd as identy theft if u was to ever get caught. I think it would be safe to use a real address with a different name that away it couldnt be id theft begin you just used the persons address not there name :D