NEW EBAY VERIFICATION SUSPENSIONS- MC010 - MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

WELCOME TO THE NEW EBAY LIMITED / EBAY SUSPENSION / PAYPAL LIMITED FORUMS

One is preparing documents for an account now. eBay Limitation is twice as exhausting as PayPal.

Old 12-09-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

For those who have already gone through the eBay verification process, how many days on average is it taking you to have your account cleared? Mine is about a week.
Old 12-09-2009

Longevity: 85%

With the verification where they ask for a call back in 48 hours the account never actually got suspended as in naru....the listing that was up they did not end it they removed it from the search engine but if you had the item number or had put it on your watch list you could still find it and bid.

The account was back up and running after the verification question was answered correctly in 2 hours....listing showed back up in the ebay search engine in that time frame with all the original bids and hits on the hit counter.

However they never did send a confirmation email stating the account was back up and ok....they just sent one of those "would you like to fill out a customer service survey" emails...

That was our situation but I think there are different versions of this new ebay seller verification going out.
Old 12-12-2009

Longevity: 84%

What questions are you asked to answer with the MC010? Is it possible to verify an MC010 with a generated identity?
Old 12-16-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Hey guys, i have been an eBay Stealth seller for couple of years and i can truly tell you that ebay just got a new verification system since the begining of december.

I have created 12 account this week and 9 of them were banned.. I think it depends on several factors such as how fast you list, how fast you build your feedback, what type of items you have tried to sell.

Although us accounts are harder to verify, now ebay making international accounts harder to sell.

I am in traning now. Tranining their new system and will share with you when any new info comes out.
Old 12-16-2009

It's got more to do with the time of year than anything else!

It's nearly Christmas.... Every scammer and his dog is trying to get on Ebay to make a quick buck.

Things will settle down in January.

CaptainJack
Old 12-16-2009

Longevity: 98%

Well now they will kill them self's because people will use real names with real addresses and birth dates . So they will suspend real people on the end and there wont be anyone left to suspend ;-) USE EBAY EMPLOYS NAMES

Last edited by leonid5000; 12-16-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

I always start real slow, ive made a couple in last few weeks, and no, not had anything, like that, maybe its just the US - thanx for the warning though....

what about excuse of not having ssn cos foreign student, just arrived etc....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-16-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2009

Longevity: 83%

I opened five stealth accounts.

Two of them was hitted after few hours, I had not yet listed anything.

One account got suspension after listing.

One got suspended after auction ended and payment was made.

One is selling and is not yet suspended.

These three accounts I sell exact similiar items with different pictures.

I provided them proof of stealth id and address and I've not yet had an answer from them. It's been a week now.
Old 12-18-2009

Sounds like you are being linked somehow.

What country are the accounts registered in?

CaptainJack
Old 12-18-2009

Registered from Finland to US accounts.

They asked an proof of ID and address.

I don't think they've linked them unless they check macaddresses. All other data is different. Flash and other cookies deleted.

I've linked one time when I started this stealth thing and then they just limited account indefinetly so I don't think this is same thing.

I contacted them and they said it takes more time now because there is so many suspension appeals at this time..
Old 12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
Hey guys, i have been an eBay Stealth seller for couple of years and i can truly tell you that ebay just got a new verification system since the begining of december.

I have created 12 account this week and 9 of them were banned.. I think it depends on several factors such as how fast you list, how fast you build your feedback, what type of items you have tried to sell.

Although us accounts are harder to verify, now ebay making international accounts harder to sell.

I am in traning now. Tranining their new system and will share with you when any new info comes out.

We noticed it on Thanksgiving so it was in place at least with some november accounts...maybe even earlier than that.
Old 12-18-2009

But I think this rush of suspemsions and appeals are not linked to items for sell or anything, check my earlier reply.. I think it's just that they verify pretty much each account that is now registered.
Old 12-19-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincustomer View Post
But I think this rush of suspemsions and appeals are not linked to items for sell or anything, check my earlier reply.. I think it's just that they verify pretty much each account that is now registered.
If it is not due to holliday session then ebay will loose alot of new customers with their new approval system. Everyone who wants to sell in their platform must not exposed to such treatment.

Last edited by aquabats; 12-19-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
If it is not due to holliday session then ebay will loose alot of new customers with their new approval system. Everyone who wants to sell in their platform must not exposed to such treatment.
yeah but remember most REAL new ebayers start out as buyers for awhile its their proven stat....and so what if you are a new seller and are legit the documents are a fax or email away in their eyes if your legit....if you don't want to send them documents to prove you are who you say you are then they can care less and im sure they have numbers showing they are better off not having those people on ebay....

Its all a numbers game with them....their original concept means nothing anymore. Their platform can still to this day be exploited and ebay/paypal can and do get scammed easily....if ebay had it their way they would require SSN's on everyone but they know the site will become a ghost town if that was the case.

Its all about money...it's sad though bad trading has caused a lot of the strict rules. Even if another ebay site came out that would compete head to head with ebay they are going to have to be just as strict or their system will loose truckloads of money daily.
Old 12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincustomer View Post
When they are the "give us a call in the next 48 hours" suspensions I don't think they are due to the type of items you are selling either....and I don't think its just a holiday thing....

You don't enforce a soft background check on new sellers for just 2 months of the year...its too much setup and employee training...its here to stay I think. However I hope I am wrong.
Old 12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE View Post
When they are the "give us a call in the next 48 hours" suspensions I don't think they are due to the type of items you are selling either....and I don't think its just a holiday thing....

You don't enforce a soft background check on new sellers for just 2 months of the year...its too much setup and employee training...its here to stay I think. However I hope I am wrong.
I have newer got that soft suspension. It's different for outside US eBay users. They always immediatelly suspend and ask proof of ID and address. I think this is because US users have more information to give up when registering account.
Old 12-23-2009

Longevity: 89%

ok, I think I have this system beat. Simply do a background check yourself, no matter how ⊗⊗⊗⊗ you think the name your using is, someone out there has the name your using. Just look it up, see what state thier in, old phone number, address etc... that way you can answer thier multiple choice questions since they are simple if you have the right info.

What state was your social issued?

What address is familiar etc?

Where address have you previously lived at?

These should be easy to get past if we get the right information.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bansheezone For This Useful Post:
dupedagain (06-30-2010), OfficialGenius (12-23-2009)
Old 12-23-2009
MU

Longevity: 92%

Nice^^^^...

Actually, they always do this around holiday times. Nothing new,it will blow over
Old 12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE View Post
With the verification where they ask for a call back in 48 hours the account never actually got suspended as in naru....the listing that was up they did not end it they removed it from the search engine but if you had the item number or had put it on your watch list you could still find it and bid.

The account was back up and running after the verification question was answered correctly in 2 hours....listing showed back up in the ebay search engine in that time frame with all the original bids and hits on the hit counter.

However they never did send a confirmation email stating the account was back up and ok....they just sent one of those "would you like to fill out a customer service survey" emails...

That was our situation but I think there are different versions of this new ebay seller verification going out.
What verification question(s) did they ask you??? because this is exactly what I got.

My account is a pre-11/07 account and I just got a MC010 after sending out Second Chance offers on my second listing.
Old 12-28-2009

Longevity: 94%

i think this is something new to be honest. I just had 10 accounts go down BUT it does seem to only affect those with made up addresses
Old 12-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^ i know USPS has a system in which they can determine if the address is valid... but to this day i havent had any issues with ebay verification or suspensions..

Usually those questions they ask: the answer is almost always none of the above... there's no way ebay alone can dig up that much info on you, they have no idea what you been through or even changed your name or something...