Moving to UK, What should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Moving to UK, What should I do?

Hey guys, if there is anyone who understands where i am coming from, any help would be very appreciated.

I am leaving the US in 6 months and I've been doing eBay Stealth to get my income. When I move to UK i am kind of stuck how to pursue selling items on ebay. Can i get a credit card or debit card with my student visa? What do I need to do so I can still get an income from ebay while I go to school? Will i have to remake a new account on ebay?

I know this is a weird situation but if anyone has any experience or advice please let me know what you think. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-25-2011

Longevity: 72%

I have a couple of friend from USA and they told me that they are not allowed to work or just 20hours a week.So if you dont work anything iam not sure if the UK banks will give you a debit or credit card

.Even iam not sure if you have the rights to work in UK with student visa .But the best thing is to go to Halifax,barclays,HSBC or Natwest and check what kind of documents you need for opening account.You can try selling with your USA acc here but i will not recommend it as when i was on holiday to my country and made some payments,orders and received money from items sold i got 2 phone calls,limitation of the paypal

.I could provide all the information they asked me as i wasnt stealth then.but now i wouldnt sell out of UK as they see different IP.
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

I can work in the UK 100 percent. Your friend is right it is only for 20 hours a week unless you are inbetween semesters you can work 40. I am not sure if that means i can get a debit or credit card though. I have to get something though because they don't pay cash to students.

I will probably call Ebay and see what someone like me should do and just pretend like i don't use stealth.

thanks for the advice mate. Ill bookmark it and see what i can do.
Old 10-25-2011

I wouldnt recommend you calling ebay about that issue.Just go to some of the banks and tell them that you are about to start working in uk under student visa and you will need a bank acc.They will ask you first of all for proof of address.It depends where you are about
to live.You can get some utility bill or something else on your name.Next,they will ask for prove that you are about to start working or work at the moment.Find some catering company,register there and bring the contract to the bank.It will be fine.
But my advice is do not call the Enemy(ebay).They will not help you at all.The only thing you need is uk bank acc.

Get the eBay Stealth and read the forums here.It will help you a lot
Old 10-25-2011

You can get a current account with debit card with your student visa.
Old 10-26-2011

Longevity: 80%

Best bank is HSBC for oversea's students.

You'll need your passport and any visa/student paperwork.

They'll open the account for you then.

One point here is...does .co.uk cross reference with .com?

Even if it did, new address and country should be enough to confuse the bots!

Fresh start for you! UK is easy anyway with stealth...no SSN!
Old 10-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

Yep i opened a Halifax Easycash account without working...when i first came from abroad.