Set up new account, suspended again, confused - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Set up new account, suspended again, confused

Hi I set up a new Ebay and Paypal. Did everything I should have. New number, new I.P hrough changing it, different name, different address , email ect.. I used a savers account which worked fine as I managed to get the deposits down before they returned a card error so that wasn't the problem.

Did as advised by just changing name slightly then after about 3 weeks got an email from Paypal saying my account was frozen as it has been linked to my old suspended one.Now I opened up a new user on my laptop and never once logged into the old user account so I know this was not the problem.. I'm confused as to how they figured it out ? What could it be... I did make the mistake of sending a message through Ebay messages giving my return address as the same as my old address registered with the old Paypal but surely they couldnt have seen this ?
I now dont even want to open another account as I'm too wary so if you could give me any pointers as to what I did wrong or anything it would help greatly
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

I did make the mistake of sending a message through Ebay messages giving my return address as the same as my old address registered with the old Paypal but surely they couldnt have seen this ?
They could see this if manual monitored - sounds like it.
Old 10-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

possible but unlikely it was ebay messages. More likely to be cookies or LSO link
Old 10-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

defo don't think it was cookies, never went on the old user account, changed i.p, never logged into old Ebay or Paypal ?? What's LSO links ?
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
They could see this if manual monitored - sounds like it.
He's such a pain.

When an account get manually monitored that often shows the links, I agree.

OP said there was a slight change of name. That could be part of the problem
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam84 View Post
Hi I set up a new Ebay and Paypal. Did everything I should have. New number, new I.P hrough changing it, different name, different address , email ect.. I used a savers account which worked fine as I managed to get the deposits down before they returned a card error so that wasn't the problem.

Did as advised by just changing name slightly then after about 3 weeks got an email from Paypal saying my account was frozen as it has been linked to my old suspended one.Now I opened up a new user on my laptop and never once logged into the old user account so I know this was not the problem.. I'm confused as to how they figured it out ? What could it be... I did make the mistake of sending a message through Ebay messages giving my return address as the same as my old address registered with the old Paypal but surely they couldnt have seen this ?
I now dont even want to open another account as I'm too wary so if you could give me any pointers as to what I did wrong or anything it would help greatly
the words in bold are enough to have caused a link.

True stealth is just that. New you without the name variation Mind I am talking true stealth.:D
Old 10-29-2011

Longevity: 76%

Only way to go GB - IMO
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Only way to go GB - IMO
Maybe the message might be understood one day.
Old 10-29-2011

Not in our lifetime:D
Old 10-29-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Maybe the message might be understood one day.

True stealth, i would love to know your definition of that or is it simply the setting up of a business account?,

Here in the u.k i think there is only two ways to make a "true stealth" account without been linked your real details somewhere along the chain and as i am often reminded these techniques are above the average user of the forum

So how do people learn to go "true stealth" when posts that remotely reference techniques required to go stealth get deleted, locked and/or frowned upon

Also, Could you please explain your reasoning for saying such about name variation ?

OP. It is a real problem what you have done in the message, i think this is how you linked it.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 10-29-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2011

Business account is the obvious way but come on TizWoz - you are a very experienced player - I would even go so far as to say one of the most experienced - I'm guessing your question is rhetorical and meant to draw out 'stuff'

I'm guessing the name thing is because a slightly different name selling the same kind of products aint likely to work

A completely different name in a new area has a very good chance of working
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

I plead the 5th TizWoz.

Little time to deliberate with you on these matters.

Our ideas are totally different.

And well you know it.:D

Cheers.
Old 10-29-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsam84 View Post

When wondering what they are seeing in their messaging we bought a couple of items recently one we got, the other has not turned up yet so I sent a message to the seller asking if they had posted it yet.
Go back to check the users response the next day and in the in box was a message from ebay telling me I had buyer protection for this one item, never mentioned the other one.

So I would say never put anything in their messaging system that they do not already know, an address is an easy thing for a bot to read.