Bought stealth today, couple of q's! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-27-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Bought stealth today, couple of q's!

Hi all, I've just purchased the Stealth Book.
Working well so far i've got a couple of issues up to now!

I can't edit the IP settings (Parents) so would it be okay to use the internet service provided in a mcdonalds or internet cafe? Then have the email linked to my phone, i can easily access the cafe and find out postage details etc, would this be okay?

Also, just to make sure in my own mind, can paypal have access to your bank account home address. As this address will be suspended account, can paypal see that the registered bank account is registered at that address?

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymurs12 View Post
Hi all, I've just purchased the Stealth Book.
Working well so far i've got a couple of issues up to now!

I can't edit the IP settings (Parents) so would it be okay to use the internet service provided in a mcdonalds or internet cafe? Then have the email linked to my phone, i can easily access the cafe and find out postage details etc, would this be okay?

Also, just to make sure in my own mind, can paypal have access to your bank account home address. As this address will be suspended account, can paypal see that the registered bank account is registered at that address?

Thanks in advance!
DON'T use internet cafes or McDonalds for IP address - not a good idea. Most broadband modems' IP will change when reset. If not then consider a mobile broadband dongle or phone tethering (don't ask me how to do it).

Paypal cannot see the address of the bank account holder.

There's a UK section on the forum as well, so you'd be best to ask future specific questions in there as procedures for stealth vary slightly between countries.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 02-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thank you for your reply, is there a specific reason as to why not to use the cafe's or mcdonalds? I'll look into another way now
thank you
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The reason not to use cafe or mcdonalds is because of the CHANCE that many users have done fraud with this IP...which will cause you headache.
Old 02-27-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Paypal Help

Bought stealth today,

Got my name, email address, telephone number etc

I've opened a new bank account with natwest although i have been suspended through natwest before, would this matter?

Also, would I NEED to open up a prepaid card to verify my PP. Do i just send the amounts between my prepaid card and my bank account?

Still a few issues im unsure on but ive made some progress
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Welcome to the forum

It wouldnt matter as long as its a new bank account as you would have a different account number.

if when you say prepaid card you mean a virtual credit card (VCC) this doesnt 'verify' your paypal account, the bank account 'verifys' the account by confirming the two deposits paypal send to your bank account.
Old 02-27-2012

Who is your broadband provider?
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I've opened a new bank account with natwest although i have been suspended through natwest before, would this matter?
Natwest should give you a different sort number & account number
Should be fine

Quote:
Also, would I NEED to open up a prepaid card to verify my PP. Do i just send the amounts between my prepaid card and my bank account?
ah the confusing terminology. The bank account verifies paypal.Using a vcc confirms the address. Preferable to use a vcc for stealth.

[quoteStill a few issues im unsure on but ive made some progress [/QUOTE]

I agree, scotty. Very daunting to start again. You're going well. As part of this adventure recommend making an excel sheet with every piece of info needed.

Go slowly. Dot rush and dont make accounts B4 running your plan by the forum.
We can tweak plans rather than rescue damaged accounts :D
Old 02-28-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Wow what a response from everyone thanks!
Good to know ive got some where to post and ask for expert help
I have so many things i want to be 100% clearer with before I set it up and get on my way

Okay.....

'Also, would I NEED to open up a prepaid card to verify my PP. Do i just send the amounts between my prepaid card and my bank account?
ah the confusing terminology. The bank account verifies paypal.Using a vcc confirms the address. Preferable to use a vcc for stealth.'

What I mean is, in the stealth guide point 6 says 'obtain a new bank account and prepaid card' - I've looked into prepaid cards and i'm not keen on the idea of having one. So I've opened a new account with Natwest (presumably i'll get a new account number) can i just verify my bank safely through the 2 deposits?

Also I have to travel a short distance to get to my safe IP address, could i safely have my emails sent to my blackberry to be notified when i have sold/message on ebay?

Old 02-28-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just a scary thought too!

Last week before i came across this forum i created an ebay account with my sisters name from a relatives address. This was from my home IP address where my 2 accounts with ebay got suspended.

For my new stealth account I intend to use the same relatives address that i set up an account with last week but in my 'name'.
Should I change my relatives or would ebay not be able to link the accounts

too many q's :(
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Wow what a response from everyone thanks!
Good to know ive got some where to post and ask for expert help
I have so many things i want to be 100% clearer with before I set it up and get on my way

Okay.....

'Also, would I NEED to open up a prepaid card to verify my PP. Do i just send the amounts between my prepaid card and my bank account?
ah the confusing terminology. The bank account verifies paypal.Using a vcc confirms the address. Preferable to use a vcc for stealth.'

What I mean is, in the stealth guide point 6 says 'obtain a new bank account and prepaid card' - I've looked into prepaid cards and i'm not keen on the idea of having one. So I've opened a new account with Natwest (presumably i'll get a new account number) can i just verify my bank safely through the 2 deposits?

Also I have to travel a short distance to get to my safe IP address, could i safely have my emails sent to my blackberry to be notified when i have sold/message on ebay?

What's wrong with a prepaid card, if set up correctly much better than a vcc imo.

e/b and p/p can block vcc's very quickly. Choose the right prepaid and your one step ahead.

If you have used the BB before on e/b or p/p then be wary of using it again. Web browser and email client should be ok but not apps if you have used them on the phone for other accounts
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Just a scary thought too!

Last week before i came across this forum i created an ebay account with my sisters name from a relatives address. This was from my home IP address where my 2 accounts with ebay got suspended.

For my new stealth account I intend to use the same relatives address that i set up an account with last week but in my 'name'.
Should I change my relatives or would ebay not be able to link the accounts

too many q's :(
You've already answered your own question - there would be links i.e similar names, addresses and IP's used.

Not quite got the hang of this yet I think
Old 02-28-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Could you suggest a prepaid card, tbh i'm not quite sure on there full use if you get me?

Yes I see the link, i'll stay clear of that one I think, i'll find a new address to use

thanks
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Could you suggest a prepaid card, tbh i'm not quite sure on there full use if you get me?

Yes I see the link, i'll stay clear of that one I think, i'll find a new address to use

thanks
It's not so much which card but how you can set it up so that it can be used to confirm.

Again you have to think outside the box.
Old 03-07-2012

Phone Tethering - I have just setup a new PayPal account and because my IP address had been used on a previous PP account that was suspended, I used my phone to connect to internet. Many new phones have a tethering facility, just look under your wi-fi connections on the phone. Simply turn off your existing computer internet connection, turn on your mobile network connection on your phone, connect the phone via usb to computer and turn on usb tethering on the phone. Hey presto you have a new internet connection with a new IP address.