Ipad Wifi 3G eBay App Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-06-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Ipad Wifi 3G eBay App Question

Hello!

I have a question and I was wondering how i can manage selling from ipad. Ok so I have a new ip etc I have successfully opened an eBay Stealth acc. AMAZING! btw Thanks for this Guide!

so if I want to shuffle 3g sim cards with ipad... and delete ebay app that im currently selling from... will this work ?
cuz i dont know how they keep my data from my app ? ok on pc its cookies etc. but on ipad I used my ebay app before with my limted acc and now Im selling from new stealth acc thru my ebay app so its working.

if I delete my ebay app (then its says that it will delate your app and all its data and put a new sim card i have a new fresh ipad (new fresh pc)

So in result I can shuffle 3G cards delete ebay app install again delete cookies in safar etc and its working right ? anyone have tried this ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokol3k View Post
Hello!

I have a question and I was wondering how i can manage selling from ipad. Ok so I have a new ip etc I have successfully opened an eBay Stealth acc. AMAZING! btw Thanks for this Guide!

so if I want to shuffle 3g sim cards with ipad... and delete ebay app that im currently selling from... will this work ?
cuz i dont know how they keep my data from my app ? ok on pc its cookies etc. but on ipad I used my ebay app before with my limted acc and now Im selling from new stealth acc thru my ebay app so its working.

if I delete my ebay app (then its says that it will delate your app and all its data and put a new sim card i have a new fresh ipad (new fresh pc)

So in result I can shuffle 3G cards delete ebay app install again delete cookies in safar etc and its working right ? anyone have tried this ?
If you have used an iPad in conjunction with the e/b app then there is potentially a problem as 3G iPads uniquely identify themselves in much the same way as your phone does when it connects to your network provider.

e/b & p/p can pick up the name of the device when it logs on to their system so in order for it to do this it must be giving specific information to their servers, most probably it's uuid.

You can check this in p/p profile under mobile devices where you will see the specific name of your phone/ipad i.e. 'my iPhone/my iPad' or whatever your device is called.

So I would be careful to avoid using any e/b or p/p app. The web browser would be ok as would email client BUT AVOID THE APPS

You would be ok using either Garage Sale or iSale
Old 03-06-2012
Threadstarter  

ups .. how about garage sale it is not the same as ebay app ? I have both on my ipad
Old 03-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ups .. how about garage sale it is not the same as ebay app ? I have both on my ipad
No, it's not the same as the e/b app. It uses api access to get/receive data from e/b therefore is never directly connected to their servers and does not disclose any private data.

The last thing you want to do with any device i.e desktop, laptop, phone or tablet is to install any software or app made by either e/b or p/p

Why? because you will never know what dat it is really sending or what it has installed.
Old 03-06-2012
Threadstarter  

cheers mate i have deleted ebay app.. any chance they will limit my acc ? if will stop using this app since now? btw i have 21 days review its a new acc 0 feedback :/
Old 03-06-2012

Longevity: 84%

They have an app called switch which works like different windows users on the ipad, you can also use the remote desktop app to access your pc from your ipad or iphone
Old 03-08-2012
Threadstarter  

i will be doing.. a sim swap.. for each acc I will let you know here... for each acc I will have separate internet browser will see how this is working
Old 03-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
i will be doing.. a sim swap.. for each acc I will let you know here... for each acc I will have separate internet browser will see how this is working
As I explained before the sim is not the issue but the way that an iPad uniquely identifies itself, I would be very careful if I were you.
Old 03-09-2012
Threadstarter  

ok iPad its like a huge mobile phone..so that could be an issue.. I will try to use only one acc for ipad then...

so I think i should go for ruter swap then ... needs to find some cheap routers.. any idea ?
Old 03-10-2012

Longevity: 77%

Surely there would be a problem with using an IPAD with you cant create different users so cookies etc could be an issue?
Old 03-11-2012
Threadstarter  

hdavey10 -

My acc have been suspended i used ipad and some pay and go data... I used to use ipad to open paypal thru safari or check my ebay when I was abroad or outside my office.

I got suspended I got out of business for a 1 year. Now Thankfully I have found eBay Stealth and this forum and I have managed to open a new ebay acc using my iPad and new internet... so far I use it for a 1 month and its working... i used to use ebay app but i have been recomended to not to use it. So I use garage band.. btw I use diferent browser as well with my new ipad data plan... when i use wi fi i use diferent browser and I clear cookies

so i thought I can use diferent sim card and different browsers - i dont know anything about flash cookies.. how does this work on ipad.

i Havent tried to open more acc oon ipad... but if anyone had any experience .. or more then two acc on ipad.. please let us know here ..
Old 03-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
hdavey10 -

My acc have been suspended i used ipad and some pay and go data... I used to use ipad to open paypal thru safari or check my ebay when I was abroad or outside my office.

I got suspended I got out of business for a 1 year. Now Thankfully I have found eBay Stealth and this forum and I have managed to open a new ebay acc using my iPad and new internet... so far I use it for a 1 month and its working... i used to use ebay app but i have been recomended to not to use it. So I use garage band.. btw I use diferent browser as well with my new ipad data plan... when i use wi fi i use diferent browser and I clear cookies

so i thought I can use diferent sim card and different browsers - i dont know anything about flash cookies.. how does this work on ipad.

i Havent tried to open more acc oon ipad... but if anyone had any experience .. or more then two acc on ipad.. please let us know here ..
iPad does not support Flash so LSO cookies are not an issue
Old 03-11-2012

Longevity: 77%

So you wouldnt actually need different user accounts then ?
Old 03-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post
So you wouldnt actually need different user accounts then ?
Not really but you would still need to clear cookies and browsing history and make sure that 'private browsing' is enabled.
Old 03-11-2012
Threadstarter  

you sure ? i have tried to use privet browsing but it would not allowed to open me some certain pages ... so definitely no sim spwaping ?
Old 03-11-2012

Longevity: 84%

They have an app for different users, they also have a virtual machine for windows and a Mac changer.
Old 11-29-2012
Threadstarter  

what app ?
Old 12-02-2012

Longevity: 93%

Are you talking about atomic web? I have just downloaded it on my iPad and was thinking about opening an account with it?
Old 12-04-2012
Threadstarter  

yeah I have downloaded it too. on my iPad. I will try very soon to open a new PP stealth. However I still working on getting a new bank accounts. I dont want to have 8 saving accounts. cuz there might be an issue with bank :/