Account full restriction - can I sell on other linked account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Account full restriction - can I sell on other linked account?

OK, so my main account is now full restricted.
I've got another 'secondary account' that is more than a year old and I have done some buying and selling on it and have 20+ feedback.

If having the same Paypal, or having the same postal address on both accounts links them, then I think they are most likely linked.
My question is, can I sell on this linked account if one of the accounts is full restricted?

I have read here that if you have one suspended acc and sell on another linked suspended acc, they will suspend both accs.
But what about restricted accs?
I'm guessing the politically correct answer is no, but what about the practical answer?
What will happen if eBay finds out that I am selling on this other account?
Will they suspend both accounts?
Or will they restrict both accounts?

And I wish to understand this whole linking thingy.
What does it mean to eBay or the accounts if they are linked?
Does it mean that eBay automatically applies the same restrictions to both accounts?
Is there any way to get accounts unlinked?!?

Thanks, everyone!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanws30 View Post
you can sell on the other linked account for now, but it will go down eventually. best to just start over stealthy and new.
I will start a stealth acc, but that will take time and I will need to go slow and build feedback on a new account, so I can only do most of my selling on this other account for now.

Is there any way to know if the accounts are linked or not?

I think there is a good chance they are linked but also a fairly good chance they are not.

I have left this secondary account untouched for around a year - no selling, no buying, no logging on even.
Then around two weeks ago, I had logged on a few times to look around my account and bid on a few items.
The log-on times were brief (around 15 mins) but was using the same computer as my now restricted main account and so the same IP address.
But since it was brief and only a few times, I think this same IP logging on may be ok.

What's more likely to cause the linkage is that I may have used the same paypal address and same physical addresses on both.
I have changed these addresses a number of times on both accounts... I juggle the paypal addresses about as sometimes I want the funds going into my Singapore account and sometimes I want it in my UK account... and so on. I have 1 Sg and 2 UK Paypals, all bank and debit card verified.

I cannot be sure if I have ever used the same paypal on both accounts but I think maybe not as I opened the 2nd UK Paypal to be used on this account so there's no need for the 1st UK Paypal.

Its the physical addresses that I think I've more likely used the same on both accounts. Does this have a high rate of causing linking?

As I obviously cannot remember at all what Paypal and addresses I had ever put on this secondary account, is there a way to check the history?

All I know is that I had used it semi-heavily for a few months more than a year ago, then I left it alone most of the time during the past year as I went back to using the main account.

What are the chances the two accounts are linked??

Is there any way to unlink accounts? (Sorry if this qn sounds dumb. I'm new)
Old 04-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It's also dumb to repeat the same question all over teh forum.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...uspension.html