Verifed Paypal 8 months old limits lifted 100% feedback & 5 star DSR - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-12-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Verifed Paypal 8 months old limits lifted 100% feedback & 5 star DSR

Verifed Paypal 8 months old limits lifted 100% feedback & 5 star DSR

after all that limits lifted thing I got this?

Never had this happen before...

Dear **********

We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

Starting 12/05/2012, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.

Even though you can't access the money right away, please send orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal.
The money may be available sooner if:

We can confirm that the item was delivered and 3 days elapse. This gives the buyer enough time to review the order and file a dispute if necessary.
Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items)

This change isn't necessarily permanent. We'll review your account every 35 days and re-evaluate if we should continue to hold your payments. If we decide to stop holding payments, we'll email you to let you know.

Why are my payments being held?
We reviewed your account and determined that there's a relatively higher than average risk of future transaction issues (such as claims, or chargebacks, or payment reversals). We understand that it may be inconvenient to have your payments temporarily held but please know that we didn't make this decision lightly.

Before deciding to hold payments, we consider many factors. These factors include account and transaction activity, the rate of customer disputes, the type of business a seller runs, average delivery timeframes, customer satisfaction, performance and history.

Should i be concerned?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It's a variation of practices paypal have been doing right across the main selling platforms.

UK, USA Australia users have had these (re)applied to their accounts.

Should you be concerned? Probably not if you are operating your account correctly.
Old 05-12-2012

Longevity: 75%

I have had the same thing on a year old stealth account. I know what it is in my case- I have had a dramatic increase in sales. Like GB states though if the account is operated fine it isnt a problem and after a while they will lift the limit.
Old 05-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

aw rite, i think its because Im selling alot more than what i did from opening my account. Should be sweet. thanks for info.
Old 05-12-2012

Longevity: 89%

I had them in some of my old accounts. Dated 2 years ago. Sold more then normally I do.
Old 05-13-2012

Longevity: 69%

got the same thing i have a stealth acc that's all most a year old i sold about 7 items i made about 200.00 and all the money is locked. here is a great work around. always using tracking numbers. don't upload them to ebaay do it in paaypaal within 7 to 10 days your payments will be unlocked hope this helps.

one more thing to add. they left me positive feed back they still made me wait 7-10 days to get money . dont bother to call them they will not unlock it.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Matter of risk vs. reward with the phone call.
Old 05-16-2012

Longevity: 90%

Ah, the dreaded 21 day payment hold! Regardless of what flimsy reason Paypal have used to justify putting this on your account the real reason is that they want to keep their greedy paws on your money for as long as possible.

I've had these 21 day holds come and go at seemingly random intervals. Its not so much a problem if you are a seller who ships out items almost immediately. However even paying for the postage via Paypal's postage system for each item with a 'pending' payment still doesnt release your payment. You either have to wait 21 days, or hope the buyer will leave you positive feedback when they receive their item. Unfortunately the latter option cant be taken for granted, many buyers take weeks / months even before leaving feedback comments - even when they are still positive.

The last time I had a 21 day hold period I tried to politely encourage buyers to follow up the receipt of their item by leaving me a positive feedback comment so as to release their payment. And despite trying to sound polite and unpushy about it, the amount of buyers who took any notice of my pleas was very small. In the end I just had to get used to waiting 21 days before the payment was released.

Its pretty crumby really that Paypal still imposed these 21 day payment holds on people with brilliant DSR's and 100% positive feedback. Fortunately, most 21 day payment holds expire after 35 days, although any payments still 'pending' even after the 21 day hold has been released are still left pending until the 'release date'. What a total gip!
Old 05-17-2012

Longevity: 69%

The 21 days holds are absolute rubbish, they're now being applied to off ebay sales too.

Similar rules apply, prove delivery or get the buyer to mark as received withing their paypay account (yeah that's gonna happen heh)