documents asked for when upgrading premier to business acc? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default documents asked for when upgrading premier to business acc?

just a quick question for you guys.

what documents do paypal ask for in the UK when you upgrade your premier account to a business account??

is there several options and you just need to send one or two or do they only accept 1 or 2 documents??

also.

once you have upgraded a premier to a business account can you start a new premier account straight away??? (im asking this because i noticed a loophole that allows you to get a business account witha personal bank account and not need a business bank account to get a business paypal account)

thanks i hope everyone understands where im comming from if u need more details please ask i will answer straight away.

cheers nak!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

They might not ask for any docs but it may depend on your type of business as to whether they perceive any increase in risk.

p/p will allow an individual to have a business account and a premier account for personal use only.

If you are a sole trader then you do not require a business bank account that is only necessary if you are a ltd company. Either way p/p cannot tell whether any bank account is personal or business, all they see are the sort code and account numbers

Last edited by NoneOther; 05-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2012
Threadstarter  

thanks for the info but i really need to know what they can ask for it will really help me prepare.

Im basically a PP member with a limited acc(from a diff online business but new one is very legit) so i am using my fathers account to process payments from my online business. So if they ask for certain docs i may need to make sure i set things up correctly from the start.

I cant risk loosing paypal as my payment processor for the time being. i can change to a differnt merchant account in future when i get some good income flowing again(thanks to googles new algo update) but right now i need to rely on paypal.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Using you fathers account is going to end in disaster imo.

What they will ask for depends on your type of business and the products/services you sell.

There are many existing threads covering this so I would suggest trying a forum search and you will find all the answers you need.
Old 05-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Using you fathers account is going to end in disaster imo.

What they will ask for depends on your type of business and the products/services you sell.

There are many existing threads covering this so I would suggest trying a forum search and you will find all the answers you need.
i have searched the forum but most threads on the matter come up saying i need to subscribe but i am logged in so i dont know whats going on there!!

could you explain why you think this will end in disaster?? i was going to make him a small shareholder eventually and start up a business account together with him.

or perhaps you could say what you would do??
Old 05-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

If your having trouble registering your subscription pm a mod for assistance.
Old 05-15-2012

Longevity: 69%

Hi well, the id they ask for is normally business related then your ID but like someone said using ya dads account i agree...your asking for trouble
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrib View Post
Hi well, the id they ask for is normally business related then your ID but like someone said using ya dads account i agree...your asking for trouble
why is it asking for trouble?? i thought it is a better option than using a stealth account??

untill now th business has been run using a friends paypal(i say friend untill he cleaned out the business account to buy drugs) so frankly im looking for the best solution.

if i could get a business stealth account i would but noone seems to be able to tell em what i would need to do this.
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

When you first apply for a paypal business account or upgrade to a business account, they dont ask to send in documents.
They just ask you information about you and your business.
Example :when you started, what type of business & how much you make etc...

Also you are being advised against using your dads paypal account, because they will probabaly end up getting linked by your address etc...
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Using friends and family details is a big no no, it invariably ends in disaster.

You need to read the stealth guide fully to understand the principles of stealth then research what you plan to do through a forum search.

Once you've done that post your ideas and you will get comments back on how to tweak if best for success.

No one is going to spoon feed you a how to.
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
You need to read the stealth guide fully to understand the principles of stealth then research what you plan to do through a forum search.
No one is going to spoon feed you a how to.
thank you im not asking to be spoon fed and i already have read the guide and have a stealth account setup.

im only asking what docs will need to be provided as i can either make sure i set these up properly from the start or find a way to photoshop them.... i just like to be prepared.

My fathers account is registered at his own address but just address is not something they limit people on from my understanding as 1 address can have 10-20 people living at it. I do get that you think i am being lazy but i assure you i have done the research and considered the options. Including running many searches of the forum but as far as what docs can be asked for for a UK business i cannot find the info and any thread i find that might have the info i need to subscribe for.

Sorry if you feel i am being lazy but right now i am having various issues with google rankings... my business partner and i just want to do everything i can to set things up in the safest possible way.

I will also add i have another solution that is not paypal to take payments on my website as a lot of merchant accounts will not accept the product i sell(its not illegal or otherwise just not accepted widely) but with my rankings still only coming back since the algorithm change i really need to use paypal for at least the next couple of months while i work things out with the new merchant.

I hope this better explains my position so you know where im coming from and asking the things i am.
Old 05-16-2012

Well, you are asking to be spoonfed, as you want the answers with no plan.
No one can make you drink water. As they say you can take a camel to water, you can't make it drink it. I'm saying that as obviously your not understand using someone else's account isn't wise on paypal..they will see this as suspicious/dodgy. It will end in disaster 99% chance. You need to do more research
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by naknak View Post
thank you im not asking to be spoon fed and i already have read the guide and have a stealth account setup.

im only asking what docs will need to be provided as i can either make sure i set these up properly from the start or find a way to photoshop them.... i just like to be prepared.

My fathers account is registered at his own address but just address is not something they limit people on from my understanding as 1 address can have 10-20 people living at it. I do get that you think i am being lazy but i assure you i have done the research and considered the options. Including running many searches of the forum but as far as what docs can be asked for for a UK business i cannot find the info and any thread i find that might have the info i need to subscribe for.

Sorry if you feel i am being lazy but right now i am having various issues with google rankings... my business partner and i just want to do everything i can to set things up in the safest possible way.

I will also add i have another solution that is not paypal to take payments on my website as a lot of merchant accounts will not accept the product i sell(its not illegal or otherwise just not accepted widely) but with my rankings still only coming back since the algorithm change i really need to use paypal for at least the next couple of months while i work things out with the new merchant.

I hope this better explains my position so you know where im coming from and asking the things i am.
If you have read the guide then you have a subscription reg number that you need to add to your profile that will then give you access to the subscribers forum.

From the content of your posts if you have read the guide then you have not grasped the principles of stealth at all if you are persisting with the idea of using your fathers account.

The answers you are after are already all over the forum and have been covered in dozens of previous posts.

If you are having problems with your reg key then pm a mod for assistance.
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

quote of the week -As they say you can take a camel to water, you can't make it drink it.
moneyhustler88 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I'd make a comment on the camel but...will keep it pc.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012

lol its true though..these damn news rush into things man..they just dont accept advise..lol it was never like this in my day