eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Help avoid the 10 items selling limit? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/47831-help-avoid-10-items-selling-limit.html)

bicawi 06-23-2012 03:27 AM

Help avoid the 10 items selling limit?

Hi there

I always start with a verified PP. I always then link an Ebay account. I seem to always now have a 10 items max limit applied to that Ebay account, even though they are low cost items. I have done everything as per the Guide

I recall that months ago I would not have 10 but 100 items with new verified linked Paypals attached. However, I read on here somewhere that there was a specific way to create and attach in a certain order which gets you a highewr allowance than 10 items?

Can anyone throw any light on this for me please?

SUVE 06-23-2012 05:23 AM

This is a hit & miss stratagem from EB - some EB/PP A/C get 100, others get 10.

At any rate, any methodical operational working models would be too sensitive to publicise.

cortex 06-24-2012 09:34 AM

stratagem...what a cool word.

OP: yeh its hit and miss. Make more stealths and spread out your sales. Maybe you'l get lucky on one of those accounts and get the 100 selling limit.

Bunneh 06-24-2012 10:45 AM

What happens when you click on ' request higher selling limits'
As randomly you will have to get a letter sent to your address to verify.
Then only once confirmed will they increase your limits

GREEN LION 06-24-2012 10:52 AM

If linking your PP to Eb didnt do the job ,then click on ''request higher selling limits'' you have to confirm your details are correct by ticking the box,and then they do a online ID check on you, takes about 1 min.

and after that hopefully you have 100 item selling limit

cortex 06-24-2012 11:38 AM

^^ it seems that usually they ask for a pin code to be sent to the address to raise the limit.

GREEN LION 06-24-2012 12:18 PM

I opened an account today and didnt had this pin code problem.

@cortex
maybe you get this because your PP is not verified??

Elijah 06-24-2012 12:24 PM

If your PayPal is not verified then you cannot sell in the first place. It seems that opening the account in a particular order evades the problem.

cortex 06-24-2012 12:24 PM

@GL My PPal always verified. I don't bother with unverified pay pals...they are always 10 item limits.

GREEN LION 06-24-2012 12:28 PM

what message do you get when you click on the '' request higher selling limits '' ?

cortex 06-24-2012 12:47 PM

it has a message saying they will send a pin code, by post, to the address on ebay.
i have to input the code and then the limits will be lifted.
there is an "okay" and a "cancel" button.

GREEN LION 06-24-2012 02:38 PM

For me was different, as they asked me to confirm my details are correct and then they did an online check.

did you open your ebay account as business or privet?

anyway i think its really annoying if they want to use a pin code to remove 10 item limit.

diamonda 06-25-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN LION (Post 353322)
If linking your PP to Eb didnt do the job ,then click on ''request higher selling limits'' you have to confirm your details are correct by ticking the box,and then they do a online ID check on you, takes about 1 min.

and after that hopefully you have 100 item selling limit

is it advisable/do you 100% have to wait until 90 days worth of selling has passed to click on the "request higher limits" thing and jump through their hoops?

read on the eb help pages that after 90 days has passed with good fb, solid history selling in same category, etc, etc that this should automatically happen (or you can request selling limit lifted after this 90 day this point), but was tempted to do it now as i saw the thing greenlion was talking about on screen "tick here to confirm your details" etc and if it's such a quick process and instantly lifted....... ????

(for the record the eb acct was registered 2 years ago, but with no activity on it and no pp: so a pp acct was registered and linked to it a few weeks ago).

GREEN LION 06-25-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonda (Post 353563)
is it advisable/do you 100% have to wait until 90 days worth of selling has passed to click on the "request higher limits" thing and jump through their hoops?

read on the eb help pages that after 90 days has passed with good fb, solid history selling in same category, etc, etc that this should automatically happen (or you can request selling limit lifted after this 90 day this point), but was tempted to do it now as i saw the thing greenlion was talking about on screen "tick here to confirm your details" etc and if it's such a quick process and instantly lifted....... ????

(for the record the eb acct was registered 2 years ago, but with no activity on it and no pp: so a pp acct was registered and linked to it a few weeks ago).

few question:

is your EB and PP both same details?

is it a Business Ebay account?(have you passed the phone verification)

is your selling limits still 10 item? even after linking your PP to Eb?

anyway best is to try and see what happens ,click on ''request higher selling limit '' (nothing will happen to your account just for applying for higher selling limit)

diamonda 06-25-2012 12:03 PM

is your EB and PP both same details?
yes, just that ebay acct was registered 2 yrs ago with them, pp acct to match it a few wks ago

is it a Business Ebay account?(have you passed the phone verification)
nope, just normal personal seller acct, do recall being phoned by eb and given some code to put in somewhere (passcode? god knows that it was for...which I did, then carried on with whatever the next process was)

is your selling limits still 10 item? even after linking your PP to Eb?
yes, and yes: linked them before starting to sell. just wondering if it would look shifty ".... this acct is 2 yrs old, no activity... out of the blue 2 yrs later a pp gets started, matched to it and linked/verified, 10 items already listed/sold and wants to lift limits already?" etc.

diamonda 07-13-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN LION (Post 353571)
anyway best is to try and see what happens ,click on ''request higher selling limit '' (nothing will happen to your account just for applying for higher selling limit)

did so, had to tick the box on sceen confirming all details submitted, then next page shows:

"Request higher selling allowances

Confirming your address

After you confirm your information (choose how to pay your selling fees, and accept the terms of eBay's billing agreement, you'll be able to sell a limited number of items each month (done this) Next, we'll mail you a letter with a confirmation code to the address you provided. After you enter this code in the selling allowances section of My eBay, you'll be able to sell more items each month.

To sell more on eBay, confirm your address through the postal service.
Here's how it works

1.We'll mail a letter with a confirmation code to your address:
Mr A Apple
80 Apple Road
Appledom
A80 5AB

2.When you receive the letter, go to the selling allowances section in My eBay to complete the confirmation.

3.After your confirm your address, we'll increase your selling allowances.

---------------

Anyone else done this? Is is standard practice now? Any potential probs?
btw, I have access to the stealth ad.

GrannyT 07-13-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 353336)
If your PayPal is not verified then you cannot sell in the first place.

Rubbish - that's simply not true

Elijah 07-13-2012 02:53 PM

Enlighten me then. As far as I can tell it isn't rubbish at all... they require your PayPal to be verified to sell. That reply is pretty harsh for something that seems to be accepted as fact by now.

GrannyT 07-13-2012 03:01 PM

I have two 'test' accounts running that have been going for nearly 6 months now - neither has a verified Paypal and both are selling - albeit on a 10 a month limit - but they are selling. Verified is of course better - but it is not a requirement on personal accounts.

The two accounts were given to me by someone from this forum who no longer had a use for them and so I opened a PP account in the details and took it from there

These two accounts are building selling and BUYING activity

I'll leave you to consider why they are buying:thumb:

NoneOther 07-13-2012 03:07 PM

AFAIK you are only required to have a p/p account in order to sell on e/b it doesn't specify that it has to be fully verified. So I guess GT is right considering she has two accounts running.

Way to go GT:thumb:

Elijah 07-13-2012 03:28 PM

When you set up the account they ask you how to pay fees. If you say PayPal, it needs to have a bank account attached; a PayPal account with no bank will not work for paying fees. And if you say credit card, they still want you to link to a verified PayPal after completing the seller account setup. This seems to be accepted as fact and that is why I am confused when you (GrannyT) described what I said as rubbish... I know that is was different in the past but today this appears to be what happens.

GrannyT 07-13-2012 03:44 PM

If something is said often enough and if enough people agree with it that does not make it true - that makes it common belief

There has been a lot of talk about opening bank accounts and what is legal and what is not. What I am about to say applies only to the UK - and I do stress that.

It is a quirk of UK law that has come down through the years through judicial law that in the UK you can call yourself anything you want and, provided you are not doing it for illegal purposes that is perfectly legal. Thus, if you wish to be known as Father Christmas then Father Christmas you will be. You just need to make a statement in the proper format and submit that to the passport office or the DVLA and they will re-issue your documents in your new name.

If you open a bank account in your new name using these new documents you have not broken the law - provided you are not doing it to launder the proceeds of CRIMINAL activities - this caveat is very important.

If at a latter stage you decide you no longer want to be know as Father Christmas but want to be known as Knobby Knobrot then that is your perogative - there is no limit in UK law to the number of times you can change your name. If you fail to tell your bank that you have changed your name that really is sloppy of you - but is not illegal - provided you are not doing it for CRIMINAL purposes or to launder the proceeds of CRIMINAL acts.

If you knowingly profer foo-foo documents to the bank then that is like driving without insurance - it is black and white and you are guilty - no excuses - you are guilty of offering a false instrument for criminal purposes.

It was long held that savers accounts could not be used and everyone repeated it - try telling that to TizWoz - he will laugh at you - but it became a truism.

People on this forum offer advise to the best of their knowledge and with the best of intentions but it is not always factually correct - no matter how many times it may be repeated

We must all learn to think laterally - outside the box - and we will find there are LEGAL ways around every single problem