Re: stealth address so where do you tell buyers to come to who are collecting? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-01-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: stealth address so where do you tell buyers to come to who are collecting?

Hi folks,

Just got the Stealth Book today after a bad month with ebay and having had another account restricted indefinately yesterday.

What i sell on ebay usually gets posted, but sometimes buyers choose to collect. i have a stealth address for my account but how to i communicate to buyers that collection is from another address?

is it safe to message this new address (a previously linked address on ebay) through ebay messages or should i avoid this at all costs?

should i ask for a mobile number to text? im just trying to keep things as straight forward as possible for both myself and buyers.

in terms of postal returns i will send out an invoice with a returns address listed as per the Stealth Book.

Thanks in advance,

Global.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2012

Longevity: 70%

I think you answered your own question.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
Global (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012
Threadstarter  

lol, I guess so, just common sense really
Old 07-01-2012

I have been worried that they would link me by my address if I messaged them through eBay messages as well. I just ask the buyer to give me their email address so that we can discuss, and tell them the details from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Global (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes, I guess that would be best, just better being as careful as can be.
Old 07-01-2012

Not trying to be a jerk at all, but more times that not, when you ask a questions because you are nervous/scared of something you already know the answer.
Old 07-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global View Post
Hi folks,

Just got the Stealth Book today after a bad month with ebay and having had another account restricted indefinately yesterday.

What i sell on ebay usually gets posted, but sometimes buyers choose to collect. i have a stealth address for my account but how to i communicate to buyers that collection is from another address?

is it safe to message this new address (a previously linked address on ebay) through ebay messages or should i avoid this at all costs?

should i ask for a mobile number to text? im just trying to keep things as straight forward as possible for both myself and buyers.

in terms of postal returns i will send out an invoice with a returns address listed as per the Stealth Book.

Thanks in advance,

Global.
You would never ever arrange collection at your home address, stealth or otherwise. Exchange emails off ebay to arrange the collection address.

Consider enclosing a returns address sticker with parcels. BUT make sure you define your return policy well

What payment method so you use? Be careful of your seller's protection
Old 07-02-2012

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You would never ever arrange collection at your home address, stealth or otherwise. Exchange emails off ebay to arrange the collection address.

Consider enclosing a returns address sticker with parcels. BUT make sure you define your return policy well

Personally I never allow collection ESP on a stealth account
The Following User Says Thank You to dburnside For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburnside View Post
Personally I never allow collection ESP on a stealth account
You know it
Old 07-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Sorry to be ignorant and its probably very basic, but can you explain 'collection ESP'?

Its the nature of my business model that some buyers want to collect and I have to give that option. Plus it allows some of my sales to be cash and not just PP which is a bonus.
Old 07-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

collection ESPECIALLY a stealth account
dburnside (07-02-2012), Global (07-03-2012)
Old 07-02-2012

Activity: 27%

One way to arrange collection is to transport the item to a public place and have the buyer pick it up there, ebay tells buyers to be wary about this, but its an idea if all else fails.

I would NEVER message a buyer your real address, im not sure if ebay has sentence recognition, but its very risky, I wouldnt even tell the buyer over the phone my address.
Old 07-02-2012

Quote:

This part just confused me... why would one "never" do this?
Old 07-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

I'll be blunt.

Do you ever sh*t in your own nest?

Think about it.

Why have some poxy buyer know ANY of your personal info

Keep home/your castle away from business
Old 07-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I'll be blunt.

Do you ever sh*t in your own nest?

Think about it.

Why have some poxy buyer know ANY of your personal info

Keep home/your castle away from business
I personally don't but one of my friends tends to do this after a night out on the beers.

One of his many party tricks.

Regarding selling, I never meet buyers face to face. If they don't wish to purchase via mail order then it's no deal.
Old 07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
I personally don't but one of my friends tends to do this after a night out on the beers.

One of his many party tricks.

Regarding selling, I never meet buyers face to face. If they don't wish to purchase via mail order then it's no deal.
I once saw a very cheap (the seller did not know its value) but incredibly rare item, which was pretty hefty so the seller was charging £13 for postage (first class recorded). The seller worded it completely wrong, so even though it was offered at a very good price, it had never sold and was just repeatedly relisted for 5 months.

Once I looked at the listing, I noticed that they were just down the road from me and asked if I could collect, but they flat out refused collection, due to fearing for their own personal safety. They were being really pissy about it and in the end just decided that they did not want to deal with me any more (my motivation for collection was so that I could pick it up without worrying about my stealth account details btw, and not be screwed when the parcel is returned to the sorting office and I don't have ID for the phake identity).

So I made a new account/identity and asked them if they could use a service with full tracking for only £3.49 and that would have it delivered to a store instead for collection at my convenience (Collect+), and they refused as it is apparently "too much hassle" (really? When they could just drop it off at their corner shop rather than queuing for ages at the post office, and get full tracking rather than delivery confirmation?).

In the end I decided to just go with it and paid over the odds for the postage, but added an alternative address in my eBay account so that I could pick it up. The seller shipped the item but it never turned up, and the seller just pathetically put all the burden on me to do something about it, telling me to call Royal Mail every day as they had done their part, andf suggesting that it is my fault for using a "strange" address (lol, what a nutjob).

I tell the seller that it is THEIR responsibility to make sure that the item gets to me and that I want a refund by the 15th day if it still does not arrive. So day 15 comes and I ask for my refund. They tell me that they will have tio claim from Royal Mail before I get any money back, which is obviously not on as it can take months for this to happen. So I open a dispute and let the seller know that it will affect their account and this is the consesquence for being such a POS seller, and they cockily reply to say that it will somehow take longer to get my refund from eBay rather than waiting for them to refund me after Royal Mail reimburses them (are they on crack or something?), and they uploaded tracking showing item still undelivered (which automactially esclated the dispute to customer support...).

So 2 hours later, there I was with my refund. I took the opportunity to rub it in the seller's face that this could have all been avoided if they had simply allowed collection or used the cheaper but superior postal service that I suggested earlier. I hope that they learned a lesson.

Surely enough, a few days later they had become NARU, and a few days after that the item arrived. I supposed that I took advantage of this. I messaged the seller saying that they could come and pick it up from me if they really wanted it back. They did not reply so I just kept the item

Last edited by Elijah; 07-02-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2012

Longevity: 79%

Good reason to have access to your stealth address, i do alot of sales of high vale items where buyer pay cash on collection becuase they want to pay less and becuase i want TAX free money , i give the buyer a discount to the vale of ebay fees that way we are both happy.

i only do it with high value because im 100% sure for 100 quid items if you offer cash on collection you will meet an ebay rep face to face without knowing it buying one of your items.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif