Raise limits via letter sent to postal address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Raise limits via letter sent to postal address?

Hi all,

Stealth acct a couple months old, stuck with the 10 items p/month selling limit that I need to be raised. On the selling page, a link option with "request higher selling limits". Clicked on link:

"Request higher selling allowances

Confirming your address

After you confirm your information (choose how to pay your selling fees, and accept the terms of eBay's billing agreement, you'll be able to sell a limited number of items each month (done this) Next, we'll mail you a letter with a confirmation code to the address you provided. After you enter this code in the selling allowances section of My eBay, you'll be able to sell more items each month.

To sell more on eBay, confirm your address through the postal service.
Here's how it works

1.We'll mail a letter with a confirmation code to your address:
Mr A Apple
80 Apple Road
Appledom
A80 5AB

2.When you receive the letter, go to the selling allowances section in My eBay to complete the confirmation.

3.After your confirm your address, we'll increase your selling allowances.

---------------

Anyone else done this? Is is standard practice now? Any potential probs- like is it literally just entering the code they send into the system and limits are raised, or are you landed with evil extras like "in addition to the code please send us these docs and tell us what you ate for dinner last night" ?

btw, I DO have access to the stealth ad.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

It's been in place for a while now but applied randomly, some get it some don't.

If you have access to the address then its not an issue just enter the code and your done.

As for a docs request probably not at this stage but as we all know you can get those at any time so always be prepared for it
Old 07-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 76%

^^ thanks, ah, had no idea it had been in place for a while. in previous thread where this was originally posted mentioned, GreenLion said

"I NEVER get this mail confirmation thing.

perhaps im opening my accounts in a different way.

I tike the box and my limits is 100 "

can I ask what box it was that you were asked to tick? like i said i never had any option for that....only the above postal thing....where did that box appear/at what stage and what did it ask?
Old 07-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

I think he's referring to the Raise your selling limits" link which then takes you to another page asking you to link to your p/p account.

In most instances if your p/p account is fully verified and has a confirmed card also attached it will then raise your limits.

But as I said above, randomly now it does not always work that way and the confirmation by letter happens instead.

No one afaik has yet come up with a reason as to why it happens.

Perhaps it is the way accounts are set up and operated initially, who knows?

My thought is along those lines but have nothing concrete to prove it