eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Another buyer con artist *YAWN* (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/49331-another-buyer-con-artist-yawn.html)

joeyr69 08-04-2012 04:56 AM

Another buyer con artist *YAWN*

So I sell 5 items to Australia, because of my price points I have to cut into my profit a little bit for postage to Aus, however its never been an issue.

This person bought 5 of my items, I ship them... the 21 days pass and the PP money is released.
Two days later I get an 'Item not received' email
I email them back with proof of postage and sent them to Royal Mail for delivery times.
Buyer says they have filed a complaint with Aus post but I just have a hunch that they are trying it on...
I know things go missing and I promptly replace items generally however my hunch was confirmed when I had a new 'Like' on my FB page!
Same name as this buyer who bought my items and same area sent to.

There is no way they would know about my Facebook page UNLESS they got the package! I put a card in every package with my FB page and I literally have a small selection of people that 'like' it, mainly friends and family.
My FB page is a totally different name to my EB name too.

Im going to get screwed over! I cant use this as proof to ebay...

Any suggestions on how to tackly this, I would lose money by sending the replacements due to packaging costs :help:

GreenBean 08-04-2012 04:58 AM

Lives in Australia?

So do I.

Maybe they should meet me?

:smash:

yotano211 08-04-2012 06:44 PM

GB you're so mean ::):

diamonda 08-05-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyr69 (Post 365401)
I email them back with proof of postage and sent them to Royal Mail for delivery times.

Any suggestions on how to tackly this, I would lose money by sending the replacements due to packaging costs :help:

proof of postage is not proof of delivery, sending items via recorded tracking prevents this problem. I am well aware how costly this is to do merely within the UK, so abroad it costs a fortune which is probably why you didn't do it. hence I ensure I do not post abroad, at least until the eb acct has really built some ground behind it- the last thing you want is issues like this kicking you when you're trying to establish an acct. in future i would either: stick to selling to UK-only (ideally with tracking), or keep sending abroad WITH TRACKING A 100% MUST.

Sounds like this buyer is going to open a non-received case on you. you can either wait it out and hope they don't, or pre-empt them opening a case by refunding them or sending them replacements WITH TRACKING.

First Edition 08-05-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 365403)
Lives in Australia?

So do I.

Maybe they should meet me?

:smash:

She doesn't have the penguins for in person confrontations.

Why can't you confirm this with ebay? I've noticed sometimes with international post, it seems more in favor of the sellers than the buyers. how is your progress with ebay/paypal?