Threatining email received from ebay worker outside ebay... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Threatining email received from ebay worker outside ebay...

Hi everyone;

Received email from someone saying he works for ebay and threatining me to send him £550 otherwise he will close my accounts he is saying lol what the hell i said to him i would give you £1050 face to face and i hope he meets me face to face then god help him but has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Here is the first email i received from him

Hi, I am emailing you regarding your ebay activity. I work for ebay. I am aware of your activities (selling counterfeit XXXXXX goods). You will have noticed a reduction in the quantity of sellers selling counterfeit XXXXXXXXX on ebay UK during the last few months. This is due to sellers having their accounts suspended and paypal accounts limited. I bought XXXXXX items from you recently to verify they are counterfeit. You are quite a high volume seller and therefore need to protect your interests. I have the authority to suspend your account. I also can inform XXXXXXX VERO ( verified rights owner program ) partner. What you are doing is a serious crime. The usual sentence for low level copyright infridgement is 6 months in jail and a £5000 fine. Now I'm sure you don't want that to happen, I also don't want that to happen. What I'm asking for is a small sum of money which will protect your interests. I can prevent you from having any problems providing you follow a few easy rules. If your account receives a suspension, I can reverse it. If a listing gets shut down, I can tell you how to get around it.
Please note this is not a negotiation. If you choose not to pay, we will close your ebay and paypal accounts. Also I will launch an investigation with trading standards and inform the police who will then search your premises.
Please note, if you choose to stop trading, I will still get you, I have unopened parcels from you containing counterfeit goods. Also you will be asked by trading standards and police to provide receipts from your suppliers. If they are not from XXXXXX suppliers then you have a problem.
Please reply promptly, the quicker you respond the less you will have to pay.
If you don't respond we will take the above action.

Best regards,
A

His email address is atomman@live.co.uk he sent txt message to my mobile and his number appeared as 06687684133 so no ideal what the hell is this but would love to meet him face to face to send him to heaven with 1k up his bum...

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2012

Longevity: 76%

he is a scammer
Old 09-21-2012

Longevity: 80%

Yes, it's a scam. Ignore him.

Better still, stop selling phakes.
Old 09-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

They are not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ at all he thinks they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I sold my items to someone who working at Paypal UK and even posted to his work address he left good feedback never problem they are not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and i have provided invoices to ebay and paypal before for my goods and never had problem i have got no negative feedback over 500 feedbacks but over 1000 sales.
Old 09-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you say you sent stuff to paypal before - that is unusual, not heard of employees ordering at work, there could be a link to what is happening now..

but other that that theory, it is probably a scammer or competitor..

whoever it is IS trying to scare you.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Closed Thread