Are my accounts about to come crashing down? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-22-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Are my accounts about to come crashing down?

Hello guys.

I have two long-standing accounts with eBay.

1. A personal account over 5 years old. 300+ feedback. (When this was originally registered I had to submit proof of ID to eBay).
2. A business account nearly two years old. Silver Powerseller + nearly 1K feedback.

Fees are always current, I fly under eBay's radar on both.

I was due to start a new business venture in January, and registered a new eBay account which i've recently been listing a friends goods on to help ride up the feedback for me, and to keep his sales going for him (his accounts were suspended). That way come January I could list my products on there without having to worry about selling limitations.

Called eBay the other week to request a SL increase - they obliged, and I was told when I have 10x +ve feedback for sales, to call and they will do so again.

When I called to do precisely this, I was told I couldn't do anything, and I returned to my computer later to see eBay had restricted the account from buying or selling due to a link they have established with a previously suspended account from maybe 2005/2006. (The account is my brother's old account that shares a PayPal address with the three accounts I have) obviously my call to eBay support triggered some kind of search which caused some issues. They didnt say linked, they used the term 'strongly-linked'.

The email suggested I had 21 days to pay the balance on the old account or my newest account would be suspended. I know that the issue on that account was not a financial issue, instead it was repeat VERO offences. Seems like they are just cleverly trying to recover money and in 21 days my new account will be toast whether I pay or not.

I only care about my old accounts. Particularly the business one - I will lose £2kPCM in revenue if this account dies. It will as good as financially ruin me.

What I am trying to establish is this. When my new account becomes toast, what are the odds my old accounts will quickly become linked to it and become toast too? At some point all three have been linked to the same Paypal address as my brother's suspended eBay account, but only the most recent one had actually been the victim of eBay establishing that link?

I have unlinked all three accounts from PayPal, I have changed the registration details on the eBay account that has impending suspension to a different name + address. And manually cancelled the link between the PayPal and eBay account in the subscriptions section of Paypal.

I then changed my Paypal email address and changed my active auctions on the other two accounts to take payment through new email address whilst the accounts remain unlinked.

Is there anything else I can do? What are my chances of everything else following the new account and going belly-up in 21 days.

Thanks people.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by asht View Post
Hello guys.

I have two long-standing accounts with eBay.

1. A personal account over 5 years old. 300+ feedback. (When this was originally registered I had to submit proof of ID to eBay).
2. A business account nearly two years old. Silver Powerseller + nearly 1K feedback.

Fees are always current, I fly under eBay's radar on both.

I was due to start a new business venture in January, and registered a new eBay account which i've recently been listing a friends goods on to help ride up the feedback for me, and to keep his sales going for him (his accounts were suspended). That way come January I could list my products on there without having to worry about selling limitations.

Called eBay the other week to request a SL increase - they obliged, and I was told when I have 10x +ve feedback for sales, to call and they will do so again.

When I called to do precisely this, I was told I couldn't do anything, and I returned to my computer later to see eBay had restricted the account from buying or selling due to a link they have established with a previously suspended account from maybe 2005/2006. (The account is my brother's old account that shares a PayPal address with the three accounts I have) obviously my call to eBay support triggered some kind of search which caused some issues. They didnt say linked, they used the term 'strongly-linked'.

The email suggested I had 21 days to pay the balance on the old account or my newest account would be suspended. I know that the issue on that account was not a financial issue, instead it was repeat VERO offences. Seems like they are just cleverly trying to recover money and in 21 days my new account will be toast whether I pay or not.

I only care about my old accounts. Particularly the business one - I will lose £2kPCM in revenue if this account dies. It will as good as financially ruin me.

What I am trying to establish is this. When my new account becomes toast, what are the odds my old accounts will quickly become linked to it and become toast too? At some point all three have been linked to the same Paypal address as my brother's suspended eBay account, but only the most recent one had actually been the victim of eBay establishing that link?

I have unlinked all three accounts from PayPal, I have changed the registration details on the eBay account that has impending suspension to a different name + address. And manually cancelled the link between the PayPal and eBay account in the subscriptions section of Paypal.

I then changed my Paypal email address and changed my active auctions on the other two accounts to take payment through new email address whilst the accounts remain unlinked.

Is there anything else I can do? What are my chances of everything else following the new account and going belly-up in 21 days.

Thanks people.

i would have just paid it, in my eyes it was a 50/50 gamble for money you do actually owe, i know you say it was closed down because of vero but the account will have gone RED at some point, its almost an eby/pp garuntee

But Now you have paniced and gone mad and totally messed everything up, i would say there is a really really good chance of losing everything here , simple as that.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%

First of all, Welcome to the forum

As Tizwoz says, you should have just paid the bill, How much is this bill?

Even though you have changed all your old information on the account, ebay/paypal will still keep a record of the previous information that was entered, and like you stated, they already have your proof of ID from when you first originally joined.

If you have logged into all accounts on the same computer IP & user account on your pc, this would also make it a 100% definite link together.. which i am assuming you must have done at some point, as you said the ebay staff told you it was strongly linked.
Which means your account survivability isn't looking to good im afraid.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but by the looks of it, you will be joining the rest of us
Time to go buy the stealth guide
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,948 Times in 8,239 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - keep all accounts separate - pay off your dues - operate wisely.

Go stealth if not done already
Old 09-28-2012

Longevity: 71%

It seems you have had some harsh replys here. Firstly im sorry you could possibly face

financial ruin. Some of the advice you have recieved is good advice. If i was you i would

buy the stealth guide ASAP, as you are reading and fully absorbing it open a number of new bank accounts (one a day)

with the banks that are recommended on this forum (use the search). Then once you

put the guide into practice, use the different accounts to sell different things. It will be

no where near the sales you are making now at first but over time and with help from

these forums you will be up and running again. 1 thing i will say is TAKE YOUR TIME. A

rushed stealth account is a dead account.