1 ebay 4 paypal accounts all limited with over £3500 and counting - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-23-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default 1 ebay 4 paypal accounts all limited with over £3500 and counting

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me will paypal have to release funds after the 180 days?

I currently have 4 paypal accounts
My own, My mothers, my friends and my girlfriends with over £3,500 between them being held. I buy from outside UK

The latest account to be limited (my friends) is still accepting payments but i cant withdraw or spend.

All these accounts are real names, real bank accounts etc.

Here's how it started

I have an ebay account that ive had for 8 or so years with over 8000 fback (97.7 of it positive)

6 -7 years back paypal refunded 3 customers the total of £700 as i had ignored all requests to refund. I had already withdrawn the funds, had no desire to carry on selling and we were moving house. I hear nothing more.

Years later i check the ebay account and it is still running, i list a new paypal account in my own name, new bank account, new address and begin selling.
All goes well for a long time then out of the blue i get my paypal account limited with £1,600 in it. The reason for the limit is that its linked to my 1st paypal account which they say owes £700, being green (still green now, obviously!) i ask if i pay the £700 will they unlock the account, they say yes take £700 off my debit card then dont unlock it it .

I immediately open another account again in my name slight spelling difference, same new address, new bank and carry on as before, 2 days later that account hits just over £1,500 and it too gets limited.
The reason, surprise, surprise, is cos its attached to me.
(180 odd days later i got it all released)

While waiting for the 180 days to expire i ask my mother if i can use her paypal account which she only uses for buying stuff. She agrees and off i go again with the same ebay account & new paypal, sales are going well for 6-7 months then i get the dreaded limit, this time its just on £800.
I give it a week then open another paypal account, my name, new address, new bank, 4 weeks later it too gets limited with just on £900.
I immediately open another in my wifes name, same address, new bank, this goes ok for about 2 weeks until it too gets limited £700.

All 3 are limited with the request that i send in proof of address, bank details, credit card statements, invoices, suppliers info, inside leg measurement etc.

From what ive read online (hope i havent read it wrong and my previous 180 day successful wait) it i consider it as savings that i can have in 6 months.

The ebay account is still running fine with excellent fback, top rated seller, etc and no mention of the paypal problems.

I ask a friend if i can use his paypal account, he agrees and off i go again, i sell & withdraw 4k though this account all is looking ok then a couple of days ago it too gets limited.
At the time of the limit it had just under £600 in it, it now has just over £1300 and is still accepting payments from buyers.
The reason for the newest limit is due to the account being related to the other 3 limited accounts, as well as the 2 older accounts that i waited 180 days for, they are also asking for ID, invoices, proof of address.

This time though my ebay account has a message saying that i have limited access as there is an issue with my paypal account, which needs resolving before i can list/edit on ebay again.
I still have 30+ listings going on the ebay account and people are still buying and paying to my friends limited account.

Now im scratching my head. I dont know if i should:

1, Let the sales keep coming in to my friends limited paypal account, post the items out and collect in 180 days (if i can).

2, Refund all the buyers and sell on four ebay accounts ive managed to get off friends (selling limits of 100, 25 ,10 and 10) gradually building them up.

I can afford to do both so long as i know i will get the money released from all the limited accounts once i do the 180 days since the last payment wait.

I know ive been incredibly stupid in not learning the ins and outs, i bumbled my way through and from what ive read i was lucky to have gotten this far.

Im 100% buying the stealth guide so i dont have to stumble my way through any longer and avoid all the stress and worry being a bumbling idiot brings.

Can paypal refuse to release the funds from the paypal accounts i have used even after 180 days.
Ive looked and read post after post all day and night but havent seen anything about people not eventually getting their funds released.

This site has been a real eye opener though and im hoping the book will educate me further.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2012

Longevity: 79%

Hello
Welcome to the forums.

Feel for you mate, i would say that you will get the money, it might not be 180 days but should be there abouts.

Personally i would remove all listings and wait for the out come of the accounts, if you get any back i would still ditch them.

Spend a day or two on the forums and lern how to do it correctly and start again, no one like to lose money but it will be worth it in the long run.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 09-24-2012

Longevity: 80%

You've ruined your mums, girlfriends and friends accounts.

You HAVE NO CHOICE NOW.

The eBay account is dead. You can't use PayPal, and you have to accept PayPal to sell on eBay (in the UK)

You can keep adding new paypal accounts, but they will only suffer the same outcome as the rest.

You have to start a fresh.

New PayPal, New eBay, New Name, New Address, New DOB (You see what I'm saying) You do not need to involve anyone else in your dealings.

Using friends/mums/sisters details, only ends in tears.
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudger View Post
Hi All,

Can paypal refuse to release the funds from the paypal accounts i have used even after 180 days.
Ive looked and read post after post all day and night but havent seen anything about people not eventually getting their funds released.

This site has been a real eye opener though and im hoping the book will educate me further.
You need a heckalot of educating too.

Now you know to never ever mix business with friends & family.

In reply to your question of release of funds, that will be a decision by paypal.
In their T&S they state their right to not release funds.
Much will depend on the missing parts of your story.

If you are thinking about using stealth, be aware now it is hard work.
Old 09-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. All the best.

Long post - read around the forums and understand stealth.

/quote

YES in most circumstances.
Old 09-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You need a heckalot of educating too.

Now you know to never ever mix business with friends & family.

In reply to your question of release of funds, that will be a decision by paypal.
In their T&S they state their right to not release funds.
Much will depend on the missing parts of your story.

If you are thinking about using stealth, be aware now it is hard work.
Thanks for the responses.

What you mean when you say missing parts of the story?

Thats it chapter and verse apart from mentioning what i sell which are mostly vero products.
Can they refuse on the back of this?

I dont have any issues from customers complaining, or cases against me.
Every live limited account apart from this last one had reasons for limit was that they wanted id,address proof,postage proof,invoices.

All my limited accounts are real people who are willing to send in their details if need be. If i dont have to ask them to send them in i'd rather not.

Today i have 150+ customers expecting their goods to be dispatched i dont know if im best to dispatch take the hit on the postage costs and then wait 180 days (hopefully) or refund them and ask them to divert it to another ppal account.
Old 09-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

vero will not affect the 180 day withdrawal in itself.

You do not have to send in ID. It is not 100% that the money is released, but
you are very likely to get it. Using friends was a bad idea but in terms of
legal action if no release, I suppose a real person petitioning is an advantage.

However customers complaining will be an issue in terms of disputes. You either choose to ship and get paid in few months by paypal or email the customers and explain you are not shipping and then refund customers, if you cannot refund then contact paypal asking them to refund.

If it was me, I would not ship but I would be honest with customers as to what will happen next.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-28-2012 at 01:00 PM.