Does ebay ask for proof of ebay registration address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-03-2012
roberto
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Does ebay ask for proof of ebay registration address

1) Does ebay ask you to verify the address you use when signing up

2) Can i use a UK address on ebay, but have a US paypal (with US address) to receive money from sales? Or will it cause problems


Thanks in advance

Last edited by roberto; 10-03-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 10-03-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,134 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

The problem is you are not reading the forum.

This is addressed many times.

Of course ebay asks for ID.

What are you thinking of doing with ebay?

State that to get the best replies.
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2012
roberto
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
The problem is you are not reading the forum.

This is addressed many times.

Of course ebay asks for ID.

What are you thinking of doing with ebay?

State that to get the best replies.
Sell on ebay.

I want to make a UK account, but have a foreign paypal where money goes to.

Will they ask me to verify the address i put on ebay?

Paypal account already verified.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,306
Thanks: 5,654
Thanked 8,490 Times in 7,792 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

You could be asked for ID verification if 1) addresses dont match 2) IP is high risk 3) you are selling high risk items....to name a few ways
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2012
crafty1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 315
Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 37 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

With the way you are setting your acct up, am sure they will be asking for ID.

Why don't you just create a UK PP linked to your EB...........

I take it you are based in The UK
__________________
Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,134 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You could be asked for ID verification if 1) addresses dont match 2) IP is high risk 3) you are selling high risk items....to name a few ways

All ebay accounts face the possibility of ID being needed.

Re-read how the OP describes the potential make-up of the account.

High chance of ID being needed.

__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2012
crafty1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 315
Thanks: 7
Thanked 38 Times in 37 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

That's true GB but less of a chance that they will ask for ID if done properly.....

But yes EB/PP could ask for ID at anytime regardless how old the acct is....
__________________
Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,306
Thanks: 5,654
Thanked 8,490 Times in 7,792 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default

That`s for the OP to decide after the comments, to go through with this or not - no one can spoonfeed the method...or should anyhow
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,134 Times in 7,105 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty1 View Post
That's true GB but less of a chance that they will ask for ID if done properly.....

But yes EB/PP could ask for ID at anytime regardless how old the acct is....
Paypal in another country & ebay UK do not often marry well....
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2012
roberto
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That`s for the OP to decide after the comments, to go through with this or not - no one can spoonfeed the method...or should anyhow
my friend once sold items on my ebay account, he lived 5 miles away from me (in the UK) and had different address on paypal.

although sales were going to his paypal and my address was being used, they never asked for id.

I changed my address on my ebay account, which i used for buying and selling casually at least 3 times, they never asked for proof that this is really my ebay address (although i really did move houses)

or is this information not a good comparison?

Last edited by roberto; 10-04-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-04-2012
slim jim's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,788
Thanks: 376
Thanked 440 Times in 349 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
my friend once sold items on my ebay account, he lived 5 miles away from me (in the UK) and had different address on paypal.

although sales were going to his paypal and my address was being used, they never asked for id.

I changed my address on my ebay account, which i used for buying and selling casually at least 3 times, they never asked for proof that this is really my ebay address (although i really did move houses)

or is this information not a good comparison?
This is the exception not the rule
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MC049 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - Abusing eBay India grytechog eBay Suspensions 1 05-02-2011 06:10 PM
does address of driver license has to be match with ebay registration address nilnil Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk 31 05-02-2011 04:58 AM
NEW EBAY VERIFICATION SUSPENSIONS- MC010 - MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension alphaversa Subscriber Discussions 176 07-14-2010 07:15 AM
ebay wants proof of name/address BUT only 16 year old- help timbuck2 UK eBay Suspensions 3 02-22-2009 04:32 PM
Proof of ID and Proof Of Address Tmeswon Paypal Limited 1 12-22-2008 02:12 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58