So anyone had any problems or results with new buyer complaint button - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-22-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default So anyone had any problems or results with new buyer complaint button

Just wondering has anyone used the knew complian about buyer button yet and if it has caused any problems with accounts?

Or has anyone had any results with it on dealing with bad buyers.

Tried it once so far but that was with a new account and a blatant idiot so had nothing to loose, but nothing happened so maybe it is just more bull from ebay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Not been in practice for more than a week....

Early days for many I suspect.

I'm not too keen for too much dissection of its merits at this point.

If too much get blathered around over t'internet, ebay will chance policies again.

Preferable to take advantage where possible

Old 10-22-2012
Threadstarter  

yeah but for our purposes we still need it tested
Old 10-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Then test away!
Old 10-22-2012
Threadstarter  

If I loose one account due to finding out they look at the seller as hard as they look at the bad buyer then I think is worth it.

But if it works and they do for once do what they say on the tin then life could get a lot easier.

So far on the one I did try nothing happened it just came back with the same due to privacy rubbish they always come back with and the blatant rip off merchant is still there.
Old 10-24-2012

Longevity: 79%

used it on a couple of account already for testing.

Can't see its made any difference at all.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-24-2012

Longevity: 73%

seems like this option will never benefit the seller , ebay wont tell you what action they take against the buyer , if any at all , and it just gives them a reason to view your transaction more closely , not worth it to me .. file a non payer complaint and block the buyer , thats my thoughts on it
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin2288 View Post
seems like this option will never benefit the seller , ebay wont tell you what action they take against the buyer , if any at all , and it just gives them a reason to view your transaction more closely , not worth it to me .. file a non payer complaint and block the buyer , thats my thoughts on it
It just came out 1 WEEK AGO. At least they have acknowledged the problem. Give it time
Old 10-24-2012

Longevity: 90%

I was tempted to use it after a buyer left me negative feedback over an item they claimed was poorly packaged, I mean I'd wrapped it in bubblewrap several times, then in thick brown parcel wrapping paper and sellotape. Plus it was a sturdy metal item that wasnt large or fragile so I dont see how it was poorly packaged...

Then I noticed in this persons feedback that they'd left for other people they'd left quite a few neutral and negative comments for other people, yet they only had about 2 dozen feedback themselves! There is no pleasing some folk eh?

I think Ebay screwed up the whole feedback system when they prevented sellers from making neutral / negative comments about buyers, surely feedback is a two way street? So clearly this buyer who left me the neutral comment is quite happy to dish out neutral and negative remarks about folk with otherwise great reputations because she can do so with total freedom from any comebacks... what a joke..!
Old 10-24-2012

speak of the devel, got a message on one of the accounts stating they had taken action, didn't say what though.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
I was tempted to use it after a buyer left me negative feedback over an item they claimed was poorly packaged, I mean I'd wrapped it in bubblewrap several times, then in thick brown parcel wrapping paper and sellotape. Plus it was a sturdy metal item that wasnt large or fragile so I dont see how it was poorly packaged...

Then I noticed in this persons feedback that they'd left for other people they'd left quite a few neutral and negative comments for other people, yet they only had about 2 dozen feedback themselves! There is no pleasing some folk eh?

I think Ebay screwed up the whole feedback system when they prevented sellers from making neutral / negative comments about buyers, surely feedback is a two way street? So clearly this buyer who left me the neutral comment is quite happy to dish out neutral and negative remarks about folk with otherwise great reputations because she can do so with total freedom from any comebacks... what a joke..!
I never used negative feedback on a buyer when i could unless they had used it first.
Using it first just seemed to set off the idiot in people and before you knew it you had a negative off them and all their mates.
I think most sellers did the same and is probably what ebay seen as retaliatory feedback.
But that will always be their problem when they are always looking at it from the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
speak of the devel, got a message on one of the accounts stating they had taken action, didn't say what though.
Should be interesting to find out what, still nothing changed on the one I left it for.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 10-24-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Lets see what stories evolve.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Lets see what stories evolve.
Agreed.

Not a month old policy change and expectations run wild

Old 10-25-2012

thats kind of my thought.

Smog screen, like seen to be doing something when they actually wont.

Old 03-10-2013

Longevity: 67%

They have taken action against a member that was reported by me.. They removed a case and messaged me that it was due to me reporting them and that they were protecting my account from the buyer. Nearly fell of my chair when i read it..

I think when a buyer is reported repeatedly for abusing cases to shop for free, action is taken. One buyer got a refund without sending the item back. The other claimed inr, got refunded, received the item days later, got sent a new invoice, refused to pay it. Both buyers reported. Not sure which one taken action against as they don't tell you that..