Limited Company Name & Usual Residential Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Limited Company Name & Usual Residential Address

Hi guys.

I've spent many, many hours reading this forum. I've been selling as a hobby (No job) for a while but I got banned from ebay (for poor DSRs not anything dodgy ).

I'm now going to take it very seriously. I've got a small unit lined up. I'm going to be setting up a LTD company. Because of the unit I've got a legitimate:

New Address
New (Regional, Local) Telephone Number
New Bank Account (Different Branch And Different Bank)
New Visa Debit Card
Different Products

ETC.

The ONLY thing that might link me is my name (as a director) and my 'usual residential address'. These are details which must be submitted to companies house correctly. As I understand it the address will only be available to government departments and credit reference agencies. I'm concerned it might be available to Paypal so any knowledge on this would be appreciated.
They shouldn't see my name as a director unless they go looking...I'll obviously use a different name on the account.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-21-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Last time I registered a Ltd Company with PayPal (2 years ago) they wanted the names & addresses of the directors which they verified electronically. Ours was legit so no problem, but if they couldn't verify it I assume they would want docs to be sent to them.
As I said that was 2 years ago so things may have changed
Old 11-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Well I'm going to have a small unit so I was planning to use the address and change the start slightly for example the address technically is:

Waterford House
Bracknell
Gloucestershire
FS33 D30

for example. I'd use that (make up a room/flat) for personal address.

Room 5
Waterford House
Bracknell
Gloucestershire
FS33 D30

(Obviously used random details for this forum)

Then for the business address

Unit 5
Waterford Entrepreneur Hub (name of business which runs the building)/ Waterford House
Bracknell
Gloucestershire
FS33 D30

I could obviously receive any details here and the second one would be the registered office/service address of the company. I will also have a landline phone number too. The electronic confirmation obviously wouldn't pass but I could send in legitimate documents for the address (changing name OFC) and pass landline phone verification. I haven't send in my driver's licence before so I'm sure I could do something with that...

Any thoughts anyone ?
Old 11-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

I would suggest you seek professional advice from your accountant or business advisor before going anywhere near e/b or p/p as a ltd company

An address variation as you suggest is way to obvious a link.
Old 11-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
I would suggest you seek professional advice from your accountant or business advisor before going anywhere near e/b or p/p as a ltd company

An address variation as you suggest is way to obvious a link.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not too sure what an accountant could help with here. My uncle is a chartered accountant and will be doing the accounts for me. I am very well versed on the responsibilities and accounting requirements of running a LTD company.

What I'm looking for is information on how to trundle along on ebay/paypal without being linked to my banned details at my home address.

With regards to the address variation I'm slightly confused by what you mean by too obvious a link. It has nothing to do with my old account or banned details (I haven't even moved in yet).

Do you mean a link that it isn't a real residential address? I've seen lots of people on ebay using flat/unit interchangeably for a residential address. Mine is a business address, although the address doesn't sound like a business so I could in fact I could just use flat for both and not even bother with the unit bit.

Please tell me what you mean

Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2012

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickPony View Post
Well I'm going to have a small unit so I was planning to use the address and change the start slightly for example the address technically is:

Waterford House
Bracknell
Gloucestershire
FS33 D30

for example. I'd use that (make up a room/flat) for personal address.

Room 5
Waterford House
Bracknell
Gloucestershire
FS33 D30

(Obviously used random details for this forum)

Then for the business address

Unit 5
Waterford Entrepreneur Hub (name of business which runs the building)/ Waterford House
Bracknell
Gloucestershire
FS33 D30

I could obviously receive any details here and the second one would be the registered office/service address of the company. I will also have a landline phone number too. The electronic confirmation obviously wouldn't pass but I could send in legitimate documents for the address (changing name OFC) and pass landline phone verification. I haven't send in my driver's licence before so I'm sure I could do something with that...

Any thoughts anyone ?
Is there some reason you need to be a company, as apposed to a sole trader?
Old 11-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Is there some reason you need to be a company, as apposed to a sole trader?
Well I think it looks a lot more professional (to ebay at least, which it what I really care about), I wasn't a ltd company last time, so it's another detail changed. I plan on being VAT registered before long and as a sole trader my real name would have to be on that etc.

It's a new legal entity so everything is honestly fresh apart from the director issue..
Old 11-22-2012

Longevity: 79%

so used a named director or sign up to PP with an EMPLOYEES details

Seriously if you want a limited company there is no reason you cannot create a sole trader account on eby/pp to do business and not link your real LTD company to PP and eby at all.

Why people what to link this stuff is madness, total madness.

I give up, sheesh

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 11-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrickPony View Post
Well I think it looks a lot more professional (to ebay at least, which it what I really care about), I wasn't a ltd company last time, so it's another detail changed. I plan on being VAT registered before long and as a sole trader my real name would have to be on that etc.

It's a new legal entity so everything is honestly fresh apart from the director issue..
Does it matter how it looks to e/b?

Poor DSR's, nothing dodgy, that's now how e/b view it!

What does matter to e/b is how you run your business and deal with customers not how your business is structured, so you need to focus on changing what got you banned.

Being a ltd co will not protect you if you fail to meet their performance standards, you will still get banned.

Regarding address variation, linking of any sort is a taboo, old or new account, it makes no difference.

An accountant can tell you a lot about whether you need to be a ltd co or a sole trader based on your business plan, lots of factors to consider.

Turnover for one, which to be honest on a brand new account is not going to be that high for quite a long time as e/b will restrict your selling limits until you have proved yourself to be a reliable trader.

No one here can advise you because everyone's circumstances are different that's why you need to take professional advice.

Last edited by NoneOther; 11-22-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-05-2012

Longevity: 96%

surely tizwoz you want to link it some how for tax and reporting reasons. i'm in the same boat here i report my money but everything is in stealth names which I'm guessing would cause a problem if requests for certain invoices etc were made?