10/650 Limit increased to ... 25/750 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-26-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default 10/650 Limit increased to ... 25/750

I thought it should be 100 / 3,500? Why have I got 25/750? Any ideas how to get round this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

It's been this way for quite a while now.

Adding a verified paypal to ebay only takes the limits to 25 / £750.

To get more you'll need to phone (NOT ADVISABLE) or just wait, sell up to your limits and they will increase naturally.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
gigabyt3r (02-27-2013)
Old 02-26-2013

Longevity: 84%

the 100 limits from the outset are long gone

10 then to 25
Old 02-27-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ah i see, thanks for the info. I could really do with bigger limits ASAP, any idea what they ask on the phone? Has anyone tried?
Old 02-27-2013

Longevity: 66%

Widely advised not to phone especially if your BS skills are not polished .
You want higher limits = Open more accounts.
Let them raise on there own without pushing.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (03-02-2013)
Old 02-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabyt3r View Post
I thought it should be 100 / 3,500? Why have I got 25/750? Any ideas how to get round this?
Earn the right to higher limits.

Sell to your maximum each month.

Go naturally.

This is a conservative approach. Allows you to run your account without being 'checked' in depth by ebay.

Think long term for all your accounts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
bruckshut (03-05-2013), gigabyt3r (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
Widely advised not to phone especially if your BS skills are not polished .
You want higher limits = Open more accounts.
Let them raise on there own without pushing.
I may give it a go. Is there a number to contact ebay on? I can't seem to find one.

Also, what if a purchased a few aged accounts (2009, 2010 etc) with 0 feedback, and then linked a fully vertified and working paypal to them? Would that give 100/3.5k limit?
Old 02-27-2013

Longevity: 65%

Just to add my similar experience , I was 10 limit (opened stealth account 15 jan) .. On start feb I clicked the increase allowance and got up to 25 ..however by 20 feb I had solved allowance so I took the plunge and rang up .

My seller feedback was 18 by the way .. He asked me my business plans ie supplier ( made a name up that don't exist) .. Said wil I continue to post out as fast as I have as a lot of my feedback said recieved quickly ...

Course yeah I said ..I then said I don't think I can have a raise as iv had one this month from 10-25 (acting a bit dumb) ...
He said course I can get you a raise just have to go threw this procedure ,.. Then I dropped a bollock . He said how much do your average items sell for I said £10. ... He said ok then as I'm raising your limits to 150 items your amount will be £1500 ... My error I think ...

Any way just as I thought it couldn't get any better he ends the call by saying give us a ring back in a month time and I can issue you with a further increase ...

Any way this is not advice it's just sharing my experience . Thanks
Old 02-27-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for that mate ... I may give it a ago, although I only have 1 feedback so It might not be a great idea atm!
Old 02-27-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
I may give it a go. Is there a number to contact ebay on? I can't seem to find one.

Also, what if a purchased a few aged accounts (2009, 2010 etc) with 0 feedback, and then linked a fully vertified and working paypal to them? Would that give 100/3.5k limit?
Aged accounts with zero feedback have very little merit.
In fact in some causes me even cause a problem as it has been so inactive for a long period.
If the account has feedback and has been nurtured well by the seller then they are worthwhile and will help your cause but zero feedback is just the same as buying a new account.
Also i would not call ever but i certainly would not with 1 feedback .
At least sell to your limits for a little while to make it look natural if you must call them.
But as everyone will tell you , more accounts is the way forward.

Last edited by bruceuk; 02-27-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-27-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
Aged accounts with zero feedback have very little merit.
In fact in some causes me even cause a problem as it has been so inactive for a long period.
If the account has feedback and has been nurtured well by the seller then they are worthwhile and will help your cause but zero feedback is just the same as buying a new account.
Also i would not call ever but i certainly would not with 1 feedback .
At least sell to your limits for a little while to make it look natural if you must call them.
But as everyone will tell you , more accounts is the way forward.
The only problem I have with more accounts is I'm maxed out at 6 bank accounts already. (Due to poor credit score). Could I unlink the paypal bank, then close the paypal account and make a newone so ebay doesn't recognize it? (Use same bank details on a different paypal address, as its not paypal that will limit me, its ebay?)
Old 02-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Nope, nope, nope. No such thing as unlinking
Old 03-01-2013

Quote:
The only problem I have with more accounts is I'm maxed out at 6 bank accounts already. (Due to poor credit score). Could I unlink the paypal bank, then close the paypal account and make a newone so ebay doesn't recognize it? (Use same bank details on a different paypal address, as its not paypal that will limit me, its ebay?)
Hey gigabyte.

I see on alot of threads alot of questions are being asked.

I know this stealth stuff is very confusing to all take in at once especially all the different little areas that are focused on like phone numbers, addresses, ip numbers, broadband and dongles, documents etc.

I have had numerous accounts over the years come and go and have tried my hardest to 'be good' but still I get shut down time and time again whether it was down to low DSR's, paypal being dicks, ebay being muppets or some other reason.

I thought I knew ebay inside out. I felt I could go as far as I could in the ebay world after using every friend and family members name over different addresses over the years all to get burned eventually. - I thought my career and ebay was over.

Then the stealth came along. After reading this I realised I knew jack**** about ebay and paypal.

It blew my mind and took me a day to read it. Half of it sank in, half didn't.
Alot of it made sense, alot of it didn't.
So a few days later I read it again and what didn't sink in first time did this time.
..But i still knew there was more tid bits of info to be had.
SO i have been reading this entire forum for the last 3 weeks or so and still only 3/4 the way through.

I have already gained about 7 pages in office word of little tips from reading different opinions of the experts on here (to all of you I salute) and some of this info is not in the stealth guide either but still very useful.

My advice would be to buy the Stealth Book like yesterday and read it 2 maybe 3 times over till it all sinks in if you have not already.

Read as many pages of this forum as you can on things your not sure of - the answers are lurking out there somewhere or another.

Compile a list of things that are handy for you to know to keep seperately.

Compile a list of questions of things you still want to know (that you cannot find on these forums and have them ready to ask in creating your own thread.)

I was like you, I wanted to know everything now, quickly.

I myself had a list of 11 questions over different areas I wanted to ask, but since I have been reading this entire forum most of them has been answered and only 2 remain unanswered which I am confident I will find in my last quarter of reading the forum.

I have gone from.. *wow this is so much info overload and can't wait to get started/need to created 20 stealth accounts now!*

to.. Nice and slowly, one at a time. Things best left done slowly, less rushed, minus slip ups = longer shelf.. or should I say stealth life!

Read up and you will read everything you need to know - it is free and in my eyes priceless information.

Knowledge is power my friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to HealthyStealth For This Useful Post:
gigabyt3r (03-01-2013)
Old 03-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What a great post. I see what you are saying and its true

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2013

Longevity: 81%

If US and UK are a different process to limit increase, then ignore this

On a stealth i went through the 3 month process, i averaged about 3-5 items per month, 3rd month hit no increase. I browsed through the forums and I read that to call, they ask no questions and will raise your limit if you waited 3 months, had at least 10 items sold 4.8+DSR rating..

So i gave it a go, like a dumbie, i called not expecting really any questions, and boom.
Whats your name? Your birth date? cell phone #, I panicked because i wasn't sure what information i put.
I quickly acted like i was saying the birth date and hung up without thinking, and i thought... Well that account is now toast, I couldn't have made it more obvious..

Called back 5 minutes, telling the next rep That i was in the process of increasing my limits but got disconnected, this time i had the information ready..
She was extremely nice...
All she asked Is, do you think your ready to sell more?
and whats your phone # attached to your account.
by the end of the conversation she stated to look at my eBay messages, and it was increased to 100/5000....

I'll definitely be calling next time for an increase if it doesn't do it automatically.
Just be smooth and prepared for any account questions, what you plan on selling, who you're buying it from and so on.

Last edited by Pasicel; 03-01-2013 at 11:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pasicel For This Useful Post:
gigabyt3r (03-04-2013), GreenGhost (03-02-2013)
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 71%

wait she looked at your messages or feedback?
Old 03-02-2013

Longevity: 81%

She looked at my feedback of 13, and read them out loud to me impressed lol.

She said look at my messages because mt limit was increased and I should have gotten an ebay message